hisao's signing

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mik4384

hisao's signing

Post by mik4384 »

in shizune's cutscene hisao was trying to sign something does anyone know what's he's trying to say in sign language?
NubChaos

Re: hisao's signing

Post by NubChaos »

Whatever it was, he clearly messed up what he was trying to say, given Misha's reaction of bursting into laughter, thus distressing him. :P
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Prospektor

Post by Prospektor »

In "our" language it would probably be a mess-up like saying "I lurk you" instead of "I love you"; I'm not too familiar with sign, it may be that a slightly different move has a completely different meaning, so it would be hard to translate straight into plain English. Misha would find it amusing, nonetheless :D
anarki

Post by anarki »

It would be really nice to know what he signed there :D if he signed anything at all (I don't think the devs would've filled it with just nonsense)
mik4384

Post by mik4384 »

being deaf myself i know sign language but i been wondering what he's trying to say in japan sign language
anarki

Post by anarki »

mik4384 wrote:being deaf myself i know sign language but i been wondering what he's trying to say in japan sign language
I thought he was doing universal sign language. I guess this means he was signing syllables there?
Not that I know differences in sign language from a country to another... I though the point to sign language was it to be international.
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

anarki wrote:
mik4384 wrote:being deaf myself i know sign language but i been wondering what he's trying to say in japan sign language
I thought he was doing universal sign language. I guess this means he was signing syllables there?
Not that I know differences in sign language from a country to another... I though the point to sign language was it to be international.
If I recall, sign language is not universal surprisingly. There are tons of different words, forms, and rules based on what version you are using, just like language. There are TONS of different sign languages, some are extremely similar (like having accent in English) and some are entirely different like speaking another language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sign_languages
Shizune: [Why does he get to see your room and I can't? Is it a guy thing?]
Hisao: It's not a secret club being a guy.
Kenji: It should be. With rings. Rings with big ass emblems. And gold!
mik4384

Post by mik4384 »

ultrarare wrote:
anarki wrote:
If I recall, sign language is not universal surprisingly. There are tons of different words, forms, and rules based on what version you are using, just like language. There are TONS of different sign languages, some are extremely similar (like having accent in English) and some are entirely different like speaking another language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sign_languages
that is correct
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

mik4384 wrote:that is correct
By the way, it's badass that you know sign language.
Shizune: [Why does he get to see your room and I can't? Is it a guy thing?]
Hisao: It's not a secret club being a guy.
Kenji: It should be. With rings. Rings with big ass emblems. And gold!
Aust Kyzor

Post by Aust Kyzor »

I've been wondering about that - I'm not deaf, but I have two very good friends who are, so I learned ASL and LSQ (Quebec Sign Language) a long time ago, mostly under the influence of my rheumatologist and physician to keep my hands from degenerating.

ANYWAYS!

I'm fluent in ASL (not so much LSQ anymore) and that sign is unfamiliar to me. It's probably JSL, since Hisao doesn't do very well in English anyways.
Manual breathing activated!

Lilly=Emi>>>Hanako=Shizune=Rin=Misha

In terms of STORY, on the other hand - so far:
Lilly's>Emi's>>>>Rin's>>>>>>>>Shizune's>Hanako's

Complete: Hanako, Rin, Shizune, Emi, Lilly
What now? Now I cry over how beautiful the whole thing was.
Sephiru

Post by Sephiru »

I'd actually really like to know the answer to this.
capncrooked

Post by capncrooked »

It was clearly Porkslope Turkeyhandle.
Drake

Post by Drake »

I always thought he was practicing his sign language but then started doing Ninjutsu seals, which is why Misha started laughing.
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

Drake wrote:I always thought he was practicing his sign language but then started doing Ninjutsu seals, which is why Misha started laughing.
Oh god, that would be awesome.
ultrarare wrote:If I recall, sign language is not universal surprisingly.
Yeah, I seem to have heard this elsewhere, what a missed opportunity to have at least some form of universal communication on this earth.
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

ultrarare wrote:If I recall, sign language is not universal surprisingly.
Yeah, I seem to have heard this elsewhere, what a missed opportunity to have at least some form of universal communication on this earth.[/quote]

Communication maybe there is music, dance, etc but they aren't very accurate to send as email :lol:

I'm waiting for some technological advances so I can become a cyborg and communicate by data transfer :D