Would love to see a KS 2 someday

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

The Local Hentai

Re: Would love to see a KS 2 someday

Post by The Local Hentai »

I want a side scrolling beat em up game with rpg elements like river city ransom with a huge VN influence. Every time someone talks crap about one of the ladies, you chug a milk, gain strength, and beat the shit out of someone... With a barbed wire wrapped bat.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Ryukrieger wrote:And if a story can still be enjoyed, why wouldn't it be extended?
KS left the afterstory untold, it is their lives and the writings of the writers, I wouldn't expect things to go my way, I want to see how everything wrapped up in the writers' minds, since surely the game ended there but writing the stories, the writers would have more thoughts of it than we do.
Actually, they quite likely didn't. KS is not a slice-of-life story: like many visual novels, it's a coming of age story. In all of the good endings, and even in some of the bad endings, this is accomplished: there's really no more to tell.
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

Nekken wrote:
Ryukrieger wrote:And if a story can still be enjoyed, why wouldn't it be extended?
KS left the afterstory untold, it is their lives and the writings of the writers, I wouldn't expect things to go my way, I want to see how everything wrapped up in the writers' minds, since surely the game ended there but writing the stories, the writers would have more thoughts of it than we do.
Actually, they quite likely didn't. KS is not a slice-of-life story: like many visual novels, it's a coming of age story. In all of the good endings, and even in some of the bad endings, this is accomplished: there's really no more to tell.
Yes, but you see, there's always more to tell, their lives after is a worthy story to be told, wouldn't it be interesting to see how they live together and get passed all problems despite their conditions? They got trough the school with their conditions but the life after Yamaku, would be harder since they wouldn't be in a place specifically built for them anymore, it would give more... scenarios and problems they have to get trough.
Wouldn't a story about how they get trough with their lives, the up and down moments until they finally lead a fine and stable life in the end be interesting?
Take into consideration university/college, then their works... they special thing about KS is that they are disabled in one way or another, it would be fascinating to see how they get trough their conditions to live their lives, it would be another lesson of life, in my opinion.

PS:
The Local Hentai wrote:I want a side scrolling beat em up game with rpg elements like river city ransom with a huge VN influence. Every time someone talks crap about one of the ladies, you chug a milk, gain strength, and beat the shit out of someone... With a barbed wire wrapped bat.
Erm.... I don't... think that would work... in my opinion.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

I just want a freakin' addon about Miki's path :/
Last edited by t0xic on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

You meant Miki, right? Or Misha?
If it is or if it isn't, something like that would be interesting, it would take another writer for the story, though.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Ryukrieger wrote:You meant Miki, right? Or Misha?
If it is or if it isn't, something like that would be interesting, it would take another writer for the story, though.
Well both but mostly Miki :D (because Misha is lesbian :) so it would be wierd that she changed her sex preferences just because of Hisao... or? ) .
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

Well, then, my friend, Miki would be a very interesting choice, indeed.
And about Misha... who knows? Anything can happen in a fiction or... someone can make a spinoff where you play as Misha and go on Shizune's... story. :wink:
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Ryukrieger wrote:Well, then, my friend, Miki would be a very interesting choice, indeed.
And about Misha... who knows? Anything can happen in a fiction or... someone can make a spinoff where you play as Misha and go on Shizune's... story. :wink:

Hmm... yea that would be interesting too :) only if my english skill was better :/ I can try to write it but in my language :( and that's not the point :/
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

Well, you may think that your English isn't good enough, but writing a story, if you can get your ideas trough, many would be glad to help you correct or help you with the words you need ^^
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Ryukrieger wrote:Well, you may think that your English isn't good enough, but writing a story, if you can get your ideas trough, many would be glad to help you correct or help you with the words you need ^^
Maybe... I'll try but seesion is coming to my university so I have to learn and study now :(
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

That's great, then, now you have the idea and you can do it, we only need to wait till the time come.
Good luck about your studies~ (Say this Misha's style) XD
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Ryukrieger wrote:That's great, then, now you have the idea and you can do it, we only need to wait till the time come.
Good luck about your studies~ (Say this Misha's style) XD

Haha thanks :D
Articorse

Post by Articorse »

This is my first time posting here, I think. I just last night finished Lilly's route after doing Hanako's and Shizune's, so I've still got Rin and Emi to go.

I wouldn't want a sequel. The stories in the game are beautiful, touching and complete. There is nothing I would add to any of them.

I wouldn't want a successor story. Having a different person going through a similar story wouldn't have as big an impact. Plus, it's bound to be full of similarities, how much different could it be?

I would want a new game. A new setting, a new concept. The only similarities should be that it's a love story with multiple paths and endings. And to be honest, I'm not sure that even that's a must. But otherwise it could anything - a western school setting, sci fi, fantasy, whatever.

But what I'd want most of all is for 4LS to stay together and starting making some money for their efforts. These people have made something truly amazing, a work of art, and they get nothing for it, but a pat on the back. That's not right. A splotch on a canvas sells for millions and gets hailed as an amazing work of art, and yet KS - an awesome story, and I use the word "awesome" in it's original meaning, something that truly inspires awe, is free. That is simply not the right way for the world to work.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

i say leave it alone ... working another 5 years for free is outta the question for 4LS ... yes we all want more KS but 4LS said they are not making anymore content

I say if you really want 4LS to make more content for KS ( i wont get any content that wasn't made by 4LS ) ... make it worth their while ... offer cash ( just offering my opinion )
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Articorse wrote:This is my first time posting here, I think. I just last night finished Lilly's route after doing Hanako's and Shizune's, so I've still got Rin and Emi to go.

I wouldn't want a sequel. The stories in the game are beautiful, touching and complete. There is nothing I would add to any of them.

I wouldn't want a successor story. Having a different person going through a similar story wouldn't have as big an impact. Plus, it's bound to be full of similarities, how much different could it be?

I would want a new game. A new setting, a new concept. The only similarities should be that it's a love story with multiple paths and endings. And to be honest, I'm not sure that even that's a must. But otherwise it could anything - a western school setting, sci fi, fantasy, whatever.

But what I'd want most of all is for 4LS to stay together and starting making some money for their efforts. These people have made something truly amazing, a work of art, and they get nothing for it, but a pat on the back. That's not right. A splotch on a canvas sells for millions and gets hailed as an amazing work of art, and yet KS - an awesome story, and I use the word "awesome" in it's original meaning, something that truly inspires awe, is free. That is simply not the right way for the world to work.

True... they make really good job and I would like to show my thanks for it :) But as I said addon with Miki and Misha would be nice :D