Would love to see a KS 2 someday

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

t0xic

Re: Would love to see a KS 2 someday

Post by t0xic »

Maybe we could create KS 1.5 from girls perspectives. Their thoughts, plans etc. Expolere ther minds :D
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

If that's the case, the hardest to create a story for would be Rin... but again, all of them are complex, though trough the whole story, Hisao never did understand them fully, like he said, no one can understand another fully.
So creating how they think would be challenging and we'd need someone with a mind similar the original writers' minds, and not one, but five, though it could be interesting if anyone can take up that challenge.
TheGrimAngel

Post by TheGrimAngel »

t0xic wrote:Maybe we could create KS 1.5 from girls perspectives. Their thoughts, plans etc. Expolere ther minds :D
I was thinking more towards a game that takes place 10 years later with a completely new set of girls and a new Male to play as.

Since it is mentioned there is a 10 year reunion at the end of shizune's path I was thinking the new set of characters would have some kind of interaction with the past characters when they return for the reuni, but it would only be a small portion of another larger game and they would only appear for maybe 1 or 2 scenes
Why pick a favorite character? Each of the story was beautiful and touching in its own unique way.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

TheGrimAngel wrote:
t0xic wrote:Maybe we could create KS 1.5 from girls perspectives. Their thoughts, plans etc. Expolere ther minds :D
I was thinking more towards a game that takes place 10 years later with a completely new set of girls and a new Male to play as.

Since it is mentioned there is a 10 year reunion at the end of shizune's path I was thinking the new set of characters would have some kind of interaction with the past characters when they return for the reuni, but it would only be a small portion of another larger game and they would only appear for maybe 1 or 2 scenes

Could be good too :D but trying to create as much interestinc and lovely charaters will be as much challange as creating world from orginal girls eyes
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

t0xic wrote:
TheGrimAngel wrote:

Could be good too :D but trying to create as much interesting and lovely charaters will be as much challange as creating world from orginal girls eyes
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

TheGrimAngel wrote: I was thinking more towards a game that takes place 10 years later with a completely new set of girls and a new Male to play as.

Hmm... interesting, I remember that part, too.
Yes, that would be a good idea.
TheGrimAngel

Post by TheGrimAngel »

t0xic wrote:
TheGrimAngel wrote:

Could be good too :D but trying to create as much interestinc and lovely charaters will be as much challange as creating world from orginal girls eyes
I've got 5 girls (all fairly different from the previous 5 i think) already with about a page in MSword each written up on they personality and some basic backstory as to why they are at Yamaku. Also different aspects of the school I want to touch on that were only slightly touched on in passing in the original story. All I'm waiting on now is a friend of mine to make a sketch (all she is willing to do right now, she thinks the idea is kind of weird) and then I'll be uploading to the forum what I have and see what everyone thinks, and then hopefully spark a movement for a sequel, KS made (very unlikely) or much more likely a fan-made sequel.
Why pick a favorite character? Each of the story was beautiful and touching in its own unique way.
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

TheGrimAngel wrote: I've got 5 girls (all fairly different from the previous 5 i think) already with about a page in MSword each written up on they personality and some basic backstory as to why they are at Yamaku. Also different aspects of the school I want to touch on that were only slightly touched on in passing in the original story. All I'm waiting on now is a friend of mine to make a sketch (all she is willing to do right now, she thinks the idea is kind of weird) and then I'll be uploading to the forum what I have and see what everyone thinks, and then hopefully spark a movement for a sequel, KS made (very unlikely) or much more likely a fan-made sequel.
So you've got everything pretty much set up from the basic?
Very interesting, once you have them up, I'll see what I can do to help even if it's a bit, can I?
RadiantBeam

Post by RadiantBeam »

Damn, look at you all go. I kind of feel lazy now.

On the actual topic on hand, unless the sequel game was focused on a new character and a new set of girls with only light ties to the original, I wouldn't really want to see a sequel. All of the issues in the routes are resolved, Hisao developed wonderfully by the end of each route, and I personally enjoy being able to imagine what happens next for the girls and Hisao, instead of getting official confirmation through a sequel game.

And, granted, even a sequel that focuses on a new cast would have the issue of not feeling like a rehash of the original, though I'd still be intrigued to see where it would go and how it would tell its own story.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Well that sucks because I wanted to create girl too :/ I am not good in nothing else and nothing else will not make me happy anyway :D
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

And have all the adult scenes with the focus on Hisao :shock:

no thanks...

Rather than constructing a "10 year after" game which would require an entirely dedicated staff developing new sprites, music, backgrounds etc2, I'm more in the favor of reusing the rich material (and probably underused) characters that is available in the current KS to develop an expansion.

All of the other threads here also notes on the extra character that COULD have played more role (Meiko, Yuuko, Miki, etc) or the 1st April Fool's announcement characters (Rika, Saki) and I think working on them would have better potential as both the material and game is fresh/available to get working on.

Now, talking about drafting volunteers...

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
TheGrimAngel

Post by TheGrimAngel »

RadiantBeam wrote:
And, granted, even a sequel that focuses on a new cast would have the issue of not feeling like a rehash of the original, though I'd still be intrigued to see where it would go and how it would tell its own story.
Good thing about that is I feel there are multiple aspects of people living with disabilities, and other parts of the school that could work well for a sequel with little to none of it feeling like a rehash, aside from being in a the same setting of Yamaku high. Granted it would be A LOT of work, new images for different locals would need to be made, new music, a ton of different supporting cast characters would need to be made, etc etc
maybe only reusing certain ones like hallways, cafateria, library, etc but we saw little to none of the rest of Yamaku's campus in the game.
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

True to that, since the game is on people with disabilities, there are many aspects to explore and many things to learn.
Making something new will take a lot, but with the old Yamaku concept is laid out, like TheGrimAngel said, there are also much we could do if we have enough people.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

I have in mind 2 new girls characters with deep backgrounds of their lives. When you make decision about concept we can all share idead and search for people! :D
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Oh and I and my friend could do new soundtrack for new game.

I have to go now :D bye!