Would love to see a KS 2 someday

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ryukrieger

Re: Would love to see a KS 2 someday

Post by Ryukrieger »

Though it's lesslikely to happen... with everyone who were in the developments of KS.
But it doesn't mean there would be no chance of someone who were involved in the original developments spark the ideas again.
We can never know, but hope there may be.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Katawa Shoujo 2: Cripple Harder
Heartlesswithaheart

Post by Heartlesswithaheart »

In all honesty, I wouldn't want to see a sequel. Some games are better off with everything either wrapped up or left ambiguous. This is one of them. A one-hit wonder is something I find to be a treasure. Even if it's the most amazing game in the world, I wouldn't want a sequel just for the sake of a sequel. Take God of War (Easy) for example. Everything is completely wrapped up without any sign of a sequel, yet it became a cash cow franchise that's irritating to so much as see now. Although this is completely free, why bother creating something concrete for the future when you can make it up yourself? I'm positive some of you would be disappointed if things continued and they didn't end up how you want.
Rin/Shizune > Lilly > Hanako > Emi.
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

And if a story can still be enjoyed, why wouldn't it be extended?
KS left the afterstory untold, it is their lives and the writings of the writers, I wouldn't expect things to go my way, I want to see how everything wrapped up in the writers' minds, since surely the game ended there but writing the stories, the writers would have more thoughts of it than we do.
Though, you want the story to go the way you want, but it can't, the whole game just reflected that, did the story go the way you expected trough the game, I don't think so. I'd rather enjoy the written stories, I would read and understand it, it is fictions so there is no harm done, as long as the writers still have the passion, I can't expect anything to go my way, and would just enjoy it.
Though you may not want a sequel, I don't have any objections, since many would have the same opinion.
Though you list God of War game as the examples, I put Batman Arkham Asylum, I remembered how many said Arkham City would screw up badly and ruin everything, yet it didn't.
And I would say, you can't know something like this would be great or bad, unless you've tried. If it turned out to be bad, it would be our loss but we knew we tried, if it turned out to be good, then it's a good thing we tried and see it trough.
But I don't have high hope or no hope, I keep my hope neutral, my opinion here is also neutral, no offense to you, my friend, just a piece of my mind for this discussion.
XanatosPlannedThis86

Post by XanatosPlannedThis86 »

I'm kinda of with you on the whole sequel part. New characters new setting. Heck maybe Raita can come up with another set of heroines to use, and the developers can once again find inspiration to create another novel. Quite frankly, I'd be more keen on an "After Story" expansion similar to Clannad and Tomoyo After. A perfect opportunity to Tighten and expand the heroines (Especially Shizune! It was an alright route but it could have been more.) as well as delve in a bit of their back story (I would liked to see what's going on with the feud between the Hakamichi's and Satous). They could explore what happens with Hanako and Hisao. They could actually cover maybe Hisao joining Hanako in the News Paper club, as well as perhaps Hisao Joining Hanako in her travelling after school. maybe even run into Iwakano during their trip around the country. So much they could do.

Come to think of it, I would love to see an after story arc of Hisao returning to his home town after so long time and meeting up with his friends. Seeing his interactions on how they have changed. Heck he could even bring one of the selected heroines around. It could even be about how his old friends begin to get reacquainted with him and accept him once again.

Some day though. I have the feeling it will be a long time before 4Ls decides to do another VN or a sequel.
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

Ah, you have great ideas everyone can use
I agree with you, Hanako in Lilly's story joined Newspaper club and go traveling so your idea would be a great idea for an after story in Hanako's story.

And yes, a story about him returning home with the selected heroine would be great, but maybe, something with him returning home with all the girls as his friend (... and maybe with Kenji as well XD) for a vacation with only the exception of his girlfriend would be the heroine selected... since everyone should friend by that time if... I could take into account the stories of all routes, like Shizune and Lilly still like each other even if it's a bit (In Lilly's story, there's "a part" showing that)... nevertheless, your ideas are great, you can even write your own stories if that can help elaborate the ideas ^_^"
Smoky

Post by Smoky »

KS: Yamaku's Dark Secret
"In our manly picnics, tears will be shed."

One brave man is put to the test as he attempts to bring sanity back to an insane world. Our hero, Kenji, starts in the most unlikely of places with the most unlikely of people... His journey is to expose a secret feminist movement in a hidden school, what he doesn't know, is that it may take the life of him and his companions in the process.

Rated R
"Maybe people like butterfly vomit." - Rin
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

That would be an awesome idea, imagining the epic spinoff... Kenji's theories are actually true, he must now save everyone from the apocalypse of feminists! XD
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

Yuno wrote:Maybe some day. I can't imagine how many people would crap their pants a few years down the line when a trailer came out for the game. I knew when I heard that Katawa Shoujo itself was being released, I gasped IRL.
You're very restrained. News of the full game came out and I danced out of my chair and must have kept that up for like 20 minutes. Not my proudest moment.

Also this VN is kind of an exception since I really have almost no interest in the medium -- sequelitis is something KS does not need.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
alabaster

Post by alabaster »

Heartlesswithaheart wrote:In all honesty, I wouldn't want to see a sequel. Some games are better off with everything either wrapped up or left ambiguous. This is one of them. A one-hit wonder is something I find to be a treasure. Even if it's the most amazing game in the world, I wouldn't want a sequel just for the sake of a sequel. Take God of War (Easy) for example. Everything is completely wrapped up without any sign of a sequel, yet it became a cash cow franchise that's irritating to so much as see now. Although this is completely free, why bother creating something concrete for the future when you can make it up yourself? I'm positive some of you would be disappointed if things continued and they didn't end up how you want.
Everything you said. Well, I'll take your word on the God of War thing; never played it myself.

Everyone who worked on KS is clearly talented, and I would love to see them create another VN, either as a team or going their own ways and working on separate projects. I'm delightfully excited to see what the future brings. But please, please don't make a sequel to KS. It is perfect as it is.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

By KS 2 do you mean a sequel to KS?
or is the same setting with KS but different characters?

I would really like to see scenes that involve the life after the characters' endings
5 years later/ 10 years later etc.

i can only wish and hope. :?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

I wouldn't even need a complete game. Just a quick little addon to KS making it KS 1.5. Something that provides later scenes and situations of each character. Something to provide closure.

My literary side says that it would be stupid because letting the reader draw their own conclusions is a magnificent way to end a story.

My emotional side wants to see Rin or Hanako in a wedding dress...
Shizune: [Why does he get to see your room and I can't? Is it a guy thing?]
Hisao: It's not a secret club being a guy.
Kenji: It should be. With rings. Rings with big ass emblems. And gold!
Zet

Post by Zet »

I think DLC would be more fitting, since coming up with all new characters, backstory, etc would be hard and take another five or so years.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

ultrarare wrote: My emotional side wants to see Rin or Hanako in a wedding dress...
i would love that too :)
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

Snelx wrote:By KS 2 do you mean a sequel to KS?
or is the same setting with KS but different characters?

I would really like to see scenes that involve the life after the characters' endings
5 years later/ 10 years later etc.

i can only wish and hope. :?
And yes, I'd like to see their afterstories, too.
In my opinion, it'll be greatly interesting, since there are many things to be told, they can't run out of ideas on this. ^^!