More of Miki

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

harlequin

Re: More of Miki

Post by harlequin »

Well Hanako isn't particularly outgoing, and she didn't seem to be even before the fire. Also she's had a lifetime of being the outcast and like I said, Miki seemed to be quite recent, but I'm not sure.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

Also, after rewatching Miki's scenes, this came to mind:

"But I don't want to go among disabled people." Hisao remaked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said Miki. "We're all disabled here. I'm disabled, you're disabled."
"How do you know I'm disabled?" said Hisao.
"You must be," said Miki, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Heartlesswithaheart

Post by Heartlesswithaheart »

Ry74 wrote:Also, after rewatching Miki's scenes, this came to mind:

"Oh, you can't help that," said Miki. "We're all disabled here. I'm disabled, you're disabled."
Blatant lies. It's been stated (although I forget where) that Yamaku accepts everyone, disability or not. Of course, it could've been a bluff.
Rin/Shizune > Lilly > Hanako > Emi.
Rubytyr

Post by Rubytyr »

Heartlesswithaheart wrote:

Blatant lies. It's been stated (although I forget where) that Yamaku accepts everyone, disability or not. Of course, it could've been a bluff.

I think a key qoute missing from that string of dialouge is that Hisao came mid-term, a suprise to many students (but your right, the school DOES take people with no impairments as well, but I doubt they would half-way through a school year)
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Heartlesswithaheart wrote:

It's called a reference, numbnuts. It's a paraphrase of a dialogue exchange in... Catch-22, I think.
Zahlman

Post by Zahlman »

SirRazer wrote:Hmm....sounds interesting. Are there even any game with female protagonists out there?
Definitely, but it's kind of a niche market.
sporkaganza wrote:It's called a reference, numbnuts. It's a paraphrase of a dialogue exchange in... Catch-22, I think.
Fail. It's from Alice in Wonderland.
geno93n0

Post by geno93n0 »

SirRazer wrote:Hmm....sounds interesting. Are there even any game with female protagonists out there?
Here is a list of them. You're welcome.
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

You know what surprises me? The fact that Miki shows up in Hanako's Route instead of Emi's. Hell, she didn't serve any particular purpose and could easily be written out of the story without affecting Hanako's scenario whatsoever! However think if Miki instead shows up in Emi's route - the potential is endless - she could be a love rival, a bitter competitor. So many characterization that may complement and add dimension to Emi's complex background, I think...

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Emi's route is already perfectly paced. Why mess it up with a competitor/love rival that would only detract from the main story, if not destroy it completely?
Hisao spends most of the path trying to get closer to Emi. How is he supposed to do that if there is a love rival? It would be a completely different story from the one Hivemind told.

Now, if someone were to write a Miki path, one could write Emi in as a love rival - if one didn't have a less cliché plot...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
imperial.standard

Mirage_GSM wrote: Hisao spends most of the path trying to get closer to Emi. How is he supposed to do that if there is a love rival? It would be a completely different story from the one Hivemind told.
Miki could serve as a "distraction" to Hisao's advances to Emi who tries to keep some emotional distance between Hisao and herself. Not unlike Misha's "comfort me just for today" line in Shizune's route. Hell, in fact I'd like to see how Emi actually gets jealous!

Just my two cents :D

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Note: every single spoiler tag in this post is safe for you to highlight if you've completed Hanako's path.
Panty Supervisor wrote:I think she could have played a bigger role in Hanako's route. A little bit of jealousy from Hanako would have been interesting
This is exactly where I thought the writers were taking us from the moment they introduced her. This was only further accentuated by the fact that, in Hanako's path, Shizune seems almost hellbent on getting Hisao to be hers instead. I didn't necessarily want the writers to make Hanako a yandere, but had they decided to go that route for the Bad End, it certainly would have made sense to me, considering that (from Hanako's potential perspective) Hisao is a little too chummy with ...
- Lilly
- Miki
- Shizune
Heck, even Yuuko is someone Hanako is worried might steal Hisao away! ^_^; As absurd as that sounds, of the four names just mentioned, Yuuko's is the only one Hanako even mentions in the final scene in Act 4! lol

This is why when I got spoilered by that thread title, "Hanako RAGE picture" *sigh*, I assumed that I was going to see something to this effect.

But anyway, back to Miki ... I definitely had the impression, early on in the route, that she was a sort of rival love interest. Hisao clearly never considered her as such, but given how poor his communication with Hanako was for so much of the route, it would have been very easy for Hanako to get the wrong idea. And for this to have then played into their story more, with Hisao realizing just how much he's not been discussing with Hanako (e.g. Iwanako) simply because he's afraid of stepping on eggshells when dealing with Hanako. However, by the time you get to the end of Hanako's route, it's pretty clear that Miki was intended as a foil for Hisao (as the two are very similar) and less as a rival for Hanako.
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

Benkei wrote:Note: every single spoiler tag in this post is safe for you to highlight if you've completed Hanako's path.
Panty Supervisor wrote:I think she could have played a bigger role in Hanako's route. A little bit of jealousy from Hanako would have been interesting
This is exactly where I thought the writers were taking us from the moment they introduced her. This was only further accentuated by the fact that, in Hanako's path, Shizune seems almost hellbent on getting Hisao to be hers instead. I didn't necessarily want the writers to make Hanako a yandere, but had they decided to go that route for the Bad End, it certainly would have made sense to me, considering that (from Hanako's potential perspective) Hisao is a little too chummy with ...
- Lilly
- Miki
- Shizune
Heck, even Yuuko is someone Hanako is worried might steal Hisao away! ^_^; As absurd as that sounds, of the four names just mentioned, Yuuko's is the only one Hanako even mentions in the final scene in Act 4! lol

This is why when I got spoilered by that thread title, "Hanako RAGE picture" *sigh*, I assumed that I was going to see something to this effect.

But anyway, back to Miki ... I definitely had the impression, early on in the route, that she was a sort of rival love interest. Hisao clearly never considered her as such, but given how poor his communication with Hanako was for so much of the route, it would have been very easy for Hanako to get the wrong idea. And for this to have then played into their story more, with Hisao realizing just how much he's not been discussing with Hanako (e.g. Iwanako) simply because he's afraid of stepping on eggshells when dealing with Hanako. However, by the time you get to the end of Hanako's route, it's pretty clear that Miki was intended as a foil for Hisao (as the two are very similar) and less as a rival for Hanako.
Haha I would have really liked more Jelous Hanako actually! the game Persona 3 which has some dating sim aspects of it has a nice shy girl who is rather unassuming...but when something happens that could involve taking her man? *snaps fingers* nope she ain't having that!

Miki has that kinda 'go get um' fire. At least she looks like she would. And Hanako deciding its time to stop being shy to take whats rightfully hers (Hisao in this case) sounds to great.

Actually even the flip side of that sounds great. if Miki had a rout and Hanako was her romantic foil. Though that almost sounds like it plays to much for laughs then drama...though a 'fun and light' route isn't always bad.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

imperial.standard wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote: Hisao spends most of the path trying to get closer to Emi. How is he supposed to do that if there is a love rival? It would be a completely different story from the one Hivemind told.
Miki could serve as a "distraction" to Hisao's advances to Emi who tries to keep some emotional distance between Hisao and herself. Not unlike Misha's "comfort me just for today" line in Shizune's route. Hell, in fact I'd like to see how Emi actually gets jealous!
Well, that one would be a surefire way to another bad end.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
anarki

Post by anarki »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
imperial.standard wrote:
Well, that one would be a surefire way to another bad end.
i'd definitely get that bad ending =|
imperial.standard

anarki wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote: Well, that one would be a surefire way to another bad end.
i'd definitely get that bad ending =|
See? Bad end isn't always "bad" - it adds dimension to both the Emi and Miki's character.

In any case. It's a real shame Miki doesn't play a lot more role in any of the main routes - considering she is featured in many of the cutscenes should say that she is actually orbiting around the main character (Hisao's) presence and should get more noticed.