More of Miki

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

octopig

More of Miki

Post by octopig »

I really liked Miki's character, she caught my eye in the opening scene and then when you do communicate with her i found it interesting. I sort of wish there was a Miki path. Discuss? (any other minor characters that you enjoyed and wanted to know more about)
anarki

Re: More of Miki

Post by anarki »

Heh, I'm a sucker for secondary characters also on shizune's path, I was hoping a bad end would leave Hisao with Misha. Miki seems cool and cute, she, along with other secondary characters other than Kenji should've had a bit more screentime (I hate Kenji and I'm not happy at all at his constant meddling).
pedrosorio

Post by pedrosorio »

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

I started with Hanako even though my favourites were Rin and Lilly and when I got to that scene, I was just thinking "why is she a minor character, whyyyyy?!!!"
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

I agree. Even before they got rid of lelouch's face from the class introduction scene, I always thought she'd play a good role somewhere. Although her personality is similar to Emi's, she has a don't-give-a-shit type of attitude.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

I REALLY liked miki, and also hoped to see more >.<
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
Guest11

Post by Guest11 »

I played all the paths and only saw Miki in Hanakos path, did I miss some scenes or what?
Well I saw her running in Emi's path but that doesn't really count.
Zerix

Post by Zerix »

Miki was definitely my favorite secondary character besides the Nurse. I liked that the devs actually have her a minor role in a few of the paths, even if she only had actual lines or showed up as a sprite in one. I also wish there was more of her, but it's also nice how it is.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

When she showed up while I was doing Hanako's path, i also though it would be nice if Miki had her own path, since she seemed to be a has-it-together, rough and tumble type of girl. Then I thought about how the game was constructed, and probably would have been equally happy with a Hisao route with Miki as the POV character, helping the troubled newcomer come to terms with himself.
SirRazer

Post by SirRazer »

Ry74 wrote:When she showed up while I was doing Hanako's path, i also though it would be nice if Miki had her own path, since she seemed to be a has-it-together, rough and tumble type of girl.
Exactly what I thought.
Ry74 wrote:Then I thought about how the game was constructed, and probably would have been equally happy with a Hisao route with Miki as the POV character, helping the troubled newcomer come to terms with himself.
Hmm....sounds interesting. Are there even any game with female protagonists out there?
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

I think it was hinting that Miki wasn't all that collected under the surface during some scenes. She seemed to have had her accident fairly recently as well.

She was a very cool character though.
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

harlequin wrote:I think it was hinting that Miki wasn't all that collected under the surface during some scenes. She seemed to have had her accident fairly recently as well.

She was a very cool character though.
I agree with this. It seemed like Miki had the good making of a route when Hisao noticed she always has her arm covered in bandages even though it was obvious it wasn't a fresh wound. She did notice this and made a sort of 'I don't want to talk about it' maneuver I think.

It would have been really cool to get to know her more...also she's got an amazing tan!
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

Rolanberry wrote:
I agree with this. It seemed like Miki had the good making of a route when Hisao noticed she always has her arm covered in bandages even though it was obvious it wasn't a fresh wound. She did notice this and made a sort of 'I don't want to talk about it' maneuver I think.

It would have been really cool to get to know her more...also she's got an amazing tan!
Something else I noticed after looking at Miki's scenes- Lilly makes a deal about how she's worried about Hisao because his answer to the question "What plans do you have for the future?" are the same as Hanako's- none at all. Miki has more or less the same answer when Hisao asks her.

And yes, Miki is quite the delicious brown girl. :)
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

I like Miki too, she's a bro. I think she could have played a bigger role in Hanako's route. A little bit of jealousy from Hanako would have been interesting, because it seemed to me that Miki was quite a polar opposite of Hanako: very outgoing and sociable, lots of friends, no problem to speak to strangers, ... At the same time, she looks a lot like Hanako - only like a more badass version - so it would have been natural for Hanako to be jealous when she sees Miki and Hisao hanging out.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Rubytyr

Post by Rubytyr »

A revalation I just thought of - Could Hanako have been Miki if not for the emotional/physical harm? There's a inner strength they both share; and with some of the scenes they show, cant help but feel like they wrote it like that, as if twins on the opposite sides of a mirror.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Rubytyr wrote:A revalation I just thought of - Could Hanako have been Miki if not for the emotional/physical harm? There's a inner strength they both share; and with some of the scenes they show, cant help but feel like they wrote it like that, as if twins on the opposite sides of a mirror.
I think that was probably an intentional parallel as well. Hanako could have been like Miki, I think, in the sense of being a more outgoing person, but still probably not quite as sporty. She seems more interested in games like chess and billiards than outright sports. Although you could argue that preference is precisely because of her social anxiety, I suppose.