This game has destroyed my head...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Gravy Boat Gary

Re: This game has destroyed my head...

Post by Gravy Boat Gary »

Harlequin13 wrote:Yes I know that sounds abit extreme, but god damnit. I have been unable to sleep properly two nights in a row now. I've frequently felt nauseous during the days. /"Harlequin"
I've been a little like this myself, although this was my first Visual Novel ever =P (hence the thread I made a few days ago, thanx for your input Harlequin 13 it helped), I'm easily affected by curtain themes and subjects which were brought up in several arcs, so I found myself relating heavily to the character's feelings. Also I didn't help I'm on holidays atm, see I tend to obsesses about things, the fact I don't have any work to occupy my mind means it tends to wander or fester over the same thing, which isan't healthily =P

That aside, once I look past these minor negative feelings I've had about the game, I can see how much fun I've had playing, for this game to make me feel these emotions means it's a wonderful piece of arts, few other media has done the same to me in the past.
Last edited by Gravy Boat Gary on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

I had the same problem when i played the demo for the first time :P
I played part of the Hanako route, and whenever i was away from my computer I felt like i was yearning for something missing. It's like the game gouges out a part of your soul and seals it into the masterfully crafted bodies of the characters, and makes you want moar.
I got depression problems when chess was mentioned, or drinking tea(Which usually is the norm for me).
LIFE DIDN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE!

I broke up with my girlfriend shortly before playing the demo as well, so there was a deep emotional attachment. It was as if i have found love again....

such a beautiful game...
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Gravy Boat Gary

PasterOfMuppets wrote:
I broke up with my girlfriend shortly before playing the demo as well, so there was a deep emotional attachment. It was as if i have found love again....

such a beautiful game...
I think due to the lack of a good relationship for the past 2 years and one recent one ending on really bad terms the game had a similar effect on me.
alabaster

Post by alabaster »

Gravy Boat Gary wrote:I've been a little like this myself, although this was my first Visual Novel ever =P (hence the thread I made a few days ago, thanx for your input Harlequin 13 it helped), I'm easily affected by curtain themes and subjects which were brought up in several arcs, so I found myself relating heavily to the character's feelings. Also I didn't help I'm on holidays atm, see I tend to obsesses about things, the fact I don't have any work to occupy my mind means it tends to wander or fester over the same thing, which isan't healthily =P
Mm... My classes don't start up again until the 23rd. I'm not sure if they would allow me to get my mind off the game or whether thinking about the game would just distract me to the point that I couldn't get any work done.
PasterOfMuppets wrote:It was as if i have found love again....
If only I could care about a real person the way I care about these characters...
Gravy Boat Gary

alabaster wrote: Mm... My classes don't start up again until the 23rd. I'm not sure if they would allow me to get my mind off the game or whether thinking about the game would just distract me to the point that I couldn't get any work done.
LOL I ment holidays from fulltime work, I finished my schooling a few years back, now I feel old =(
Harlequin13

Post by Harlequin13 »

Gravy Boat Gary wrote:
Harlequin13 wrote:Yes I know that sounds abit extreme, but god damnit. I have been unable to sleep properly two nights in a row now. I've frequently felt nauseous during the days. /"Harlequin"
I've been a little like this myself, although this was my first Visual Novel ever =P (hence the thread I made a few days ago, thanx for your input Harlequin 13 it helped), I'm easily affected by curtain themes and subjects which were brought up in several arcs, so I found myself relating heavily to the character's feelings. Also I didn't help I'm on holidays atm, see I tend to obsesses about things, the fact I don't have any work to occupy my mind means it tends to wander or fester over the same thing, which isan't healthily =P

That aside, once I look past these minor negative feelings I've had about the game, I can see how much fun I've had playing, for this game to make me feel these emotions means it's a wonderful piece of arts, few other media has done the same to me in the past.
Mm, I'm sure most people around here can relate. But I also think that many here aren't doing VNs for the first time ever so most likely they're aren't getting... Well... This "thing" right here anymore. Depressed? Is that the word? Nah couldn't be. Unless it's like a short-term depression or something. Well it doesn't last, that's for sure. I KNOW it doesn't. You get over it and the characters or whatever, but still remember the game itself.

Hanako was special. Gotta be honest on that one. Fictional character and all that but damn, it really went deep for someone like me. Shizune didn't get anywhere remotely similar though, even with the Misha situation. I didn't really feel anything at all after that one. Now it's just a question of doing the other paths or not ever doing them, for me. Perhaps I just wanted/needed a break... Yea that's possible.

And I'm glad that you'll feel better if you aren't completely yet, this being your first VN. Perhaps you want to do something more? There are choices you know, good ones. All of them aren't about highschool teen romance or whatever though - maybe that's for the better.
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

Gravy Boat Gary wrote:
PasterOfMuppets wrote:

such a beautiful game...
I think due to the lack of a good relationship for the past 2 years and one recent one ending on really bad terms the game had a similar effect on me.
I would have to say I'm in the same boat on this one.

KS I believe deffinatly deserves to be called a true work of art because of this.

The fact it can truely evoke emotions in people and make them reflect.

We're all a little Hiaso on the inside :lol:
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

I know the feeling, i've had trouble sleeping for past two day, i'm feeling empty. Kinda makes me mad that VN touched me so deeply, especially Hanako.
Jeez, i mean i'm feeling really stupid, but i can't help it, i just can't get her out of my head and it's killing me... dunno what to do.

How can anyone make something this deeply touching and beautiful piece of art?
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Valtameri wrote:I know the feeling, i've had trouble sleeping for past two day, i'm feeling empty. Kinda makes me mad that VN touched me so deeply, especially Hanako.
Jeez, i mean i'm feeling really stupid, but i can't help it, i just can't get her out of my head and it's killing me... dunno what to do.

How can anyone make something this deeply touching and beautiful piece of art?

Go to japan and find your own Hanako :D
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

t0xic wrote:Go to japan and find your own Hanako :D
Your suggestion tempts me greatly :)
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Valtameri wrote:
t0xic wrote:Go to japan and find your own Hanako :D
Your suggestion tempts me greatly :)
I would like to go to Japan but unfortunetly tickets are to expensive :/
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

t0xic wrote:I would like to go to Japan but unfortunetly tickets are to expensive :/
Yeah, same here.. Maybe if i win in a lottery :roll:
Well i quess it's back to daydreaming...
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Valtameri wrote:
t0xic wrote:I would like to go to Japan but unfortunetly tickets are to expensive :/
Yeah, same here.. Maybe if i win in a lottery :roll:
Well i quess it's back to daydreaming...

True :D And I want to find love in girl from Japan so much :D life kinda sucks sometimes :D
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

t0xic wrote:True :D And I want to find love in girl from Japan so much :D life kinda sucks sometimes :D
Any particular reason why you want Japanese girl? Anyhow, hopefully you find one some day.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Valtameri wrote:
t0xic wrote:True :D And I want to find love in girl from Japan so much :D life kinda sucks sometimes :D
Any particular reason why you want Japanese girl? Anyhow, hopefully you find one some day.

They are so diffrent from my country girls I guess

They are more romantic, they are more emotional and they can appreciate being romantic I guess...