Ascended Memes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
CindehQ
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 2:59 am

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by CindehQ » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:33 pm

newnar wrote:
themocaw wrote:
newnar wrote:
Why? I've played through all her endings, nowhere does it mention chocolates......
It's a fancomic 4chan made.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =15#p16554

Warning: Nausea fuel.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.
Is this feeling what they call Schadenfreude?

Anyways, when I first downloaded the demo for KS, I told a friend of mine who'd never played it before. A day later they sent me the comic, and then asked exactly what I was into...
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.

User avatar
newnar
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 am
Location: A country that forces me to join the army

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by newnar » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:54 pm

CindehQ wrote:
newnar wrote: WHAT. THE. FUCK.
Is this feeling what they call Schadenfreude?

Anyways, when I first downloaded the demo for KS, I told a friend of mine who'd never played it before. A day later they sent me the comic, and then asked exactly what I was into...

Mein gott.
I am a guy.
I sometimes talk like Rin Tezuka.
I am in love with Hanako Ikezawa.
NoOne3 wrote:Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
this
YES I AM. DEAL WITH IT.

Nekken

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by Nekken » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 pm

newnar wrote:
themocaw wrote:
newnar wrote:
Why? I've played through all her endings, nowhere does it mention chocolates......
It's a fancomic 4chan made.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =15#p16554

Warning: Nausea fuel.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.
...and that's the thing about KS memes. Some of them are really sweet, while others are farking vile.

I will confess, however, that having considered cosplaying Hisao, I also came up with a plan to carry around a basket to counter anyone asking for chocolate: ask them if they want plain, peanut, corn, green tea, jalapeno, or perhaps just a bottle of NesQuik. I figure this crosses so many lines that after one or two people ask, no one else will dare.

themocaw
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by themocaw » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm

I plan to put some candy bars in my messenger bag next Anime Expo to hand out to Hanako cosplayers.

Sgt_Frog
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by Sgt_Frog » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Lilly enjoying some wine just a little too much is probably a reference to an old meme about her always getting "blind drunk".

User avatar
newnar
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 am
Location: A country that forces me to join the army

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by newnar » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Nekken wrote:
themocaw wrote:
newnar wrote:
Why? I've played through all her endings, nowhere does it mention chocolates......
It's a fancomic 4chan made.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =15#p16554

Warning: Nausea fuel.
...and that's the thing about KS memes. Some of them are really sweet, while others are farking vile.

I will confess, however, that having considered cosplaying Hisao, I also came up with a plan to carry around a basket to counter anyone asking for chocolate: ask them if they want plain, peanut, corn, green tea, jalapeno, or perhaps just a bottle of NesQuik. I figure this crosses so many lines that after one or two people ask, no one else will dare.
Beating the crap out of these assholes with a half-burnt crowbar would probably suffice.
I am a guy.
I sometimes talk like Rin Tezuka.
I am in love with Hanako Ikezawa.
NoOne3 wrote:Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
this
YES I AM. DEAL WITH IT.

User avatar
Radien
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:14 am
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by Radien » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:26 am

newnar wrote:
themocaw wrote:It's a fancomic 4chan made.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =15#p16554

Warning: Nausea fuel.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.
This is not making a good case for the "required viewing" argument. I think I will now avoid it like the plague. Besides, since it's about "chocolate," I think I can take a wild guess what it's about.
CindehQ wrote:Is this feeling what they call Schadenfreude?
Don't make me sing the song........Actually, on second thought, please do; it's my favorite. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA
Anyways, when I first downloaded the demo for KS, I told a friend of mine who'd never played it before. A day later they sent me the comic, and then asked exactly what I was into...
I will have to keep that in mind before I recommend friends look up Katawa Shoujo. Note to self: always direct them to the official site FIRST.
Paths completed so far (in order): Emi, Hanako, Shizune, Lilly (good endings)

Currently playing: Rin's path

User avatar
U.T. Raptor
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 am

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by U.T. Raptor » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:26 am

That comic also gave us the "Why does she wear glasses if she's deaf?" meme.

User avatar
CindehQ
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 2:59 am

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by CindehQ » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Radien wrote:
newnar wrote:
themocaw wrote:It's a fancomic 4chan made.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... =15#p16554

Warning: Nausea fuel.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.
This is not making a good case for the "required viewing" argument. I think I will now avoid it like the plague. Besides, since it's about "chocolate," I think I can take a wild guess what it's about.
CindehQ wrote:Is this feeling what they call Schadenfreude?
Don't make me sing the song........Actually, on second thought, please do; it's my favorite. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA
Anyways, when I first downloaded the demo for KS, I told a friend of mine who'd never played it before. A day later they sent me the comic, and then asked exactly what I was into...
I will have to keep that in mind before I recommend friends look up Katawa Shoujo. Note to self: always direct them to the official site FIRST.
Indeed, although as most of my friends hang out on /a/, most are already familiar with the comic... It's actually a pretty funny icebreaker, "So you know that disabled game? So...uh...I played it and..."
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.

User avatar
Omurice
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 am
Location: Wherever there's great food

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by Omurice » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:30 pm

CindehQ wrote:On a random note: Also, Kenji seems very well-versed in American pop culture, to the point that he uses the word ballin'. I just think that's hilarious.
I only have paint, sorry.

Image
Image

The O.H.L.

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by The O.H.L. » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:16 am

No one has mentioned it yet, anywhere in fact, but on Rin's mural at the very right ere is the 'SWEET JESUS' rage face thingy. Just wanted to point it out because so far wherever I've been on teh cyberspaces there has been no mention of it.

User avatar
newnar
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 am
Location: A country that forces me to join the army

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by newnar » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 am

Omurice wrote:
CindehQ wrote:On a random note: Also, Kenji seems very well-versed in American pop culture, to the point that he uses the word ballin'. I just think that's hilarious.
I only have paint, sorry.

http://i.imgur.com/yuGkf.jpg
Change the beam color to purple.

MVC3 MAGNETIC BLAST!!!
I am a guy.
I sometimes talk like Rin Tezuka.
I am in love with Hanako Ikezawa.
NoOne3 wrote:Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
this
YES I AM. DEAL WITH IT.

pjhoodsta
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 am

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by pjhoodsta » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 pm

My current laptop does not have photoshop...

this is my own idea...Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Crap.. i regret that i haven't study Photoshop hard enough -_-

User avatar
Radien
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:14 am
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Ascended Memes

Post by Radien » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:43 am

pjhoodsta wrote:My current laptop does not have photoshop...

this is my own idea...http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/wtffz.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Crap.. i regret that i haven't study Photoshop hard enough -_-
Emi has two right hands. ;)

It looks like I'm missing an amusing inside joke, though.
Paths completed so far (in order): Emi, Hanako, Shizune, Lilly (good endings)

Currently playing: Rin's path

Post Reply