People have gone Visual-Novel crazy thanks to KS. Inspiring!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nightydreams

Re: People have gone Visual-Novel crazy thanks to KS. Inspir

Post by Nightydreams »

Not just that though, after playing Katawa Shoujo I have been madly rushing around the place looking for other Visual Novels/Kinetic Novels by the dev team, not as a whole but as individuals or partners etc,

for example I managed to stumble upon one of Mike Inels works,

http://games.renpy.org/game/deiz.shtml

I'm looking forward to playing it myself.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
FrozenKimchi

Post by FrozenKimchi »

I was certainly touched by the story and reminded of the relationships I had before
Not really too drawn into the "waifu" feeling people on 4chan are having
rather my experience is encouraging me to go back to
1. drawing
2. writing
3. living (better)

although it's really hard for one person to pick more than 2 of the above
AdmiralYuki

Post by AdmiralYuki »

After playing Emi, I wanted to go out and exercise. I'm not overweight at all (I weigh 160 and am only 5'10"), but I feel like I am getting fat lol. Anyways, I just need to find a partner to exercise with like Emi did.

After playing Rin - I want to go out and learn how to draw/paint better. I find myself sitting around staring off into space for exuberant amounts of time, and for once, find it enjoyable lol.

I have yet to finish Shizune's path, but I have a crazy urge to go learn sign. I would never end up using it unfortunately, though it would be cool to be able to sign with the rare deaf/mute customer I get at the place I work. I think it would make them happy to see a non-deaf/mute person who took the time to learn sign language.

I have yet to play Hanako's or Lillys route yet. KS has changed me, I have a completely different outlook on life now.
zeroyuki92

Post by zeroyuki92 »

After Act 1 released, it became one of my motivation to team up with friends and doing some short to medium length visual novels. Some were dead near the start line, some frozen midway, and few...finished. It was fun to see people, although not many, played it and had fun with it. One people even recommended one of them in this forum, although I guess we're separated thousand kilometers away and I will never get to know him...It surprised me and made me felt so happy ^^

Although maybe some visual novels which hit me with most impact were Clannad (The animation, though) and Sharin no Kuni http://vndb.org/v57, Katawa Shoujo give me motivation to catch up my dreams, since I see that KS achieved the dreams that I pursue...Inspiring and motivating people :)
Jaksio

Post by Jaksio »

Well i think that playing trough KS motivated me more to work on my english ( It's not my native language) and grammar so I can finally start writing my big epic Deus ex/Gunslinger Girl crossover fan fiction.( till now I just made lost of notes).
Yuno wrote:At least 3 independent projects have started since KS came out, hoping to emulate it. These stem from /a/.
Here's one: http://girlsarecooking.wikia.com/
Sorry but i need to ask one thing. What are the other 2 projects?
Zahlman

Post by Zahlman »

Yuno wrote:At least 3 independent projects have started since KS came out, hoping to emulate it. These stem from /a/.
Here's one: http://girlsarecooking.wikia.com/
Just to be clear, GAC is planned to be an illustrated ("light") novel, as in dead-tree. Not a VN.
Providence

Post by Providence »

Whilst I always tried to live my life better despite my despair, Katawa Shoujo has reinforced my beliefs, especially in Rin's route, and I am thankful for that.

It is not a bad thing to live for the moment.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

although i can't say i've taken any action on my thoughts quite yet, KS has inspired me to work all the more diligently towards the goal i've had for years now. That goal; being a part of a project which others themselves would become as inspired as I.

I've wanted to work on some sort of doujin for a long while. i just don't know where to start.

ideas for stories summarized, rough sketch of characters... thats as far as i've ever really gotten. making that "perfect" story that no one can pull themselves away from is a writers dream, and although you may have that story in your head... portraying it to others can be nearly impossible without the right skillset. I however do have other skills, and i believe i could use them for part in a project like KS. KS has simply made me realize that the word impossible doesn't exist... i wish to follow 4LS in their example.

currently unemployed it would be nice to satisfy even a portion of my dreams b4 i become to busy to do so if you know what i mean (people who work)
Tyris1013

Post by Tyris1013 »

Well.. glad I'm not the only one, I though I was going crazy or something lol..

Started running, overdid it and my legs hurt like hell.. xD good thing I have high endurance for pain.
Started learning sing language, learned alphabet and numbers within 2 hours and can easily sing with one hand the letters and numbers :) (considering this was my priority, my mum wanted me to learn this when I was kid due to my half deafness, now I end up learning so I can communicate if I ever come across someone like myself)

I didn't start drawing however.. I drew a long time ago and I suck at it regardless..

Still, the game is very inspiring to make you rethink your life.. As if someone took your 'life cards' and flashed them before your eyes. Which is a good thing, I look at my life the different way.

Is it silly that the reaction came from visual novel 'book' as I like to call it..?
At the same time It leaves me confused as I'm still passing the game.. Like I need to fix and connect the puzzles both in game and in my life, just confusing.
I am still kicking the crap of a depression out of me, lol..
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

Playing through Rin's route has made me want to get back into my own artwork of sculpting. I had fallen into a slump of self doubt but this game as a whole has inspired me to try harder and not give up so easily.

I actually really look forward to any and all of the possible Visual Novels that arise from the inspiration that has come from this work. I support more great visual novels such as this!