People have gone Visual-Novel crazy thanks to KS. Inspiring!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Yuno

People have gone Visual-Novel crazy thanks to KS. Inspiring!

Post by Yuno »

At least 3 independent projects have started since KS came out, hoping to emulate it. These stem from /a/.
Here's one: http://girlsarecooking.wikia.com/
You've truly inspired people with your work, devs.

How cool how hard work can really inspire people. I've heard many people say "Ever since I started playing Emi's route, I've wanted to go running and get back in shape".
I've also considered practicing my drawing more since I've played Rin's.

Has KS inspired anyone else this way?
alabaster

Re: People have gone Visual-Novel crazy thanks to KS. Inspir

Post by alabaster »

I had the exact same thought as you after Emi's route. Go running -- get in shape, get some fresh air, clear my head. Like Hisao, though, it would be a lot easier to get out there if I had a running partner.

KS also inspired me to get back to my writing, and it's going better every day. Maybe I'll finally finish my novel this time.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

KS has inspired me to find someone LOL
nah i think KS just helped me reevaluate some things in my past I needed to go back and think about.
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

alabaster wrote:I had the exact same thought as you after Emi's route. Go running -- get in shape, get some fresh air, clear my head.
Nah, I wasn't commenting that I specifically wanted to run, but that others have said so
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

Katawa Shoujo inspired me to begin writing that one story I have wanted to write for a while,

I'm just contemplating the decision of where to start at the moment,

But I'm confident,

I'll start.

For sure.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

I've been inspired to actually start my game project that I've been tinkering with on the side.
Rveniss

Post by Rveniss »

I actually put together about 20 minutes of an intro to a VN using Ren'py waaay back when I first played the demo. It took a while, but it was a lot of fun, and definitely worth it. I think I used it as a project for an English course in college later that year, when we had to present an "Alternative Literary Form" or something.

I'm actually kind of inspired to work on it some more, having played more of the game. I just wish my art skills were a little better, because the character art I tried to make sucked a fat one, and it's boring without it.
Poly

Post by Poly »

I doubt the majority of these projects can live up to how good KS is, but I will be willing to give them a try.

Although given the time it took to make KS I think we won't be seeing these for awhile...

or some of these at all for that matter but I shall wait with eagerness.
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

Poly wrote:I doubt the majority of these projects can live up to how good KS is, but I will be willing to give them a try.

Although given the time it took to make KS I think we won't be seeing these for awhile...

or some of these at all for that matter but I shall wait with eagerness.
Thanks Poly, You are too kind. ^.^
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
Haseo

Post by Haseo »

I'm actually also cosidering following an idea that I've had for months of a dungeon crawler/ VN and KS really inspired me with the impact that I see is able to do the medium. Also I'm back doing excercise motivated in part by Emi's path.
Location: Chillin' with Macho Man Randy Savage on his Macho Cloud

Post by 68000 »

scoopnokes wrote:KS has inspired me to find someone LOL
nah i think KS just helped me reevaluate some things in my past I needed to go back and think about.
Hehe, you and me both.
Not sure if I'm acutally going to pull that through though.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

68000 wrote:
scoopnokes wrote:KS has inspired me to find someone LOL
Hehe, you and me both.
Not sure if I'm acutally going to pull that through though.
eh i rethought about my past, i now see things little better. and i curse myself for choices i made.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

not suprising really. KS isn't the first Vn to be make by annoymous people. However it is the most popular and I think it's success and what was learned from it can be used to fuel other projects.

a while back on the Anime - Other titles board there was a topic about people making their own VN. I am not following it much however I know that KS's success can be a great teaching tool. They don't feel the same way apparently. When I said they should copy what these guys did they just said that they didn't want to be a project that never gets finished.

DERP. I guess KS is never getting finished guys. Oh well.....

since then I have stopped caring about their stupid project. If they keep up that attitude it's doomed to fail.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

ubergeneral wrote:not suprising really. KS isn't the first Vn to be make by annoymous people. However it is the most popular and I think it's success and what was learned from it can be used to fuel other projects.

a while back on the Anime - Other titles board there was a topic about people making their own VN. I am not following it much however I know that KS's success can be a great teaching tool. They don't feel the same way apparently. When I said they should copy what these guys did they just said that they didn't want to be a project that never gets finished.

DERP. I guess KS is never getting finished guys. Oh well.....

since then I have stopped caring about their stupid project. If they keep up that attitude it's doomed to fail.
WHAT KS NEVER GOING TO FINISH NOOOOOO.... :)
Heartlesswithaheart

Post by Heartlesswithaheart »

Although it's nothing extreme, I have been writing down ideas that have popped into my head. Thanks to a certain disability I may or may not actually have (I display few symptoms of it, and those all can be connected to an event) they've been coming out fast. My notebook that I use for character creation is also filling up slowly.
Rin/Shizune > Lilly > Hanako > Emi.