Paths you would play again?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CowPrint

Paths you would play again?

Post by CowPrint »

I'm just curious. Please refrain form spoilers, I've only done Rin and Shizune. But as the title of the thread says, what heroine's path would you like to play again if you're just randomly trying to find something to do?
V2Blast

Re: Paths you would play again?

Post by V2Blast »

This is not a VN you play while "randomly trying to find something to do". Too emotional for that...

Though if I wanted to bring up those emotions again: Rin, or Hanako. Maybe Lilly (though you only really feel it in a few non-sex scenes). (Same goes for Emi, though it's mostly more lighthearted.) ...Not Shizune, because it is the most boring route (though~! Kenji's scenes are awesome).
Pie is delicious.
tishr

Post by tishr »

While it's not my favorite path, I think for just pick up and play it would be emi's less drama smacking a feel.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

I can't replay any path :?

It is like i already know what will happen.
Most likely, i will just play back a scene to recap my memories about the scene and that about it.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
AdventChaos

Post by AdventChaos »

I'm playing all of them again.
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

I don't know, a visual novel to me is kinda like an amazing book that I can just keep reading, and as long as I put it down for a bit, (when I'm not completely absorbed in it.) I won't lose interest in it.

But I guess the first reply is right, it is too emotional to do out of boredom.
Last edited by CowPrint on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

Yea as a few others have said some of the drama can be a bit to much for a 'nice romp' in leisure.

But I would defiantly play through Hanako's and Rin's route again to re-examine everything almost like a full character study of what is going on and being said.
Harco

Post by Harco »

I have completed 4 routes now, Rin's is the only one left. I hesitate to play her route, though, because her character doesn't really interest me. I'd rather play Emi's route again. Lighthearted and fun, and I really missed Nurse in the other paths. After that, I will probably go for Hanako's route again.
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

Emi is probably the path I'll replay the most. I can see myself, in a few months time, saying "hey I wanna replay Katawa Shoujo" and picking Emi's route first every time.

After that, probably Shizune because she's my favorite girl, even if the writing isn't my favorite.

Then comes Rin. I'll probably only replay her route a few times because it's a little draining but I think it's definitely replayable as it has, imo, the best writing in the game.

I wasn't particularly captured by Lilly's route but I do see it having replay value if I feel like something a little softer.

I will almost definitely never play Hanako's route in its entirety ever again.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
Geroaergaroe

Post by Geroaergaroe »

It's pretty fun to replay Lilly path; at least the act 3 and 4, since the plot twist has just begun, and you can see the hint of what will happen in the end. It just show how well written it is again.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Rolanberry wrote:Yea as a few others have said some of the drama can be a bit to much for a 'nice romp' in leisure.

But I would defiantly play through Hanako's and Rin's route again to re-examine everything almost like a full character study of what is going on and being said.
good idea :lol:
i shall do that.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Snelx wrote:I can't replay any path :?

It is like i already know what will happen.
Most likely, i will just play back a scene to recap my memories about the scene and that about it.
I have to agree
I would pick up the scenes i would like to view again like Lily's wheat field scene
maybe Hanako's billards scene

But that's jsut at this poitn where I just finished not too long ago. Maybe if I were to wait a while and wanted to go back and reread everything I would pick Lilly's and Hanako's

Can you tell who my favorites are lol
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

scoopnokes wrote:I have to agree
I would pick up the scenes i would like to view again like Lily's wheat field scene
maybe Hanako's billards scene

But that's jsut at this poitn where I just finished not too long ago. Maybe if I were to wait a while and wanted to go back and reread everything I would pick Lilly's and Hanako's

Can you tell who my favorites are lol
didn't u mentioned Lily? followed by Hanako? =P

- Rykn

Zet

Post by Zet »

I would replay Hanako's. And maybe Lilly's but I need to do her route first.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Normally I'd say Emi's path...
But I know that soon I will be picking it apart word for word for a couple of months, so I probably won't touch any of the paths until then^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.