Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Alexbond45

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by Alexbond45 »

I'm glad I wasn't raised like other kids in my Generation, I listen to 80's, Jazz, and Classical
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Wander

Post by Wander »

Alexbond45 wrote:I'm glad I wasn't raised like other kids in my Generation, I listen to 80's, Jazz, and Classical
Me too, but I believe I would've got into good music by myself eventually anyway. I just got a head start, cause I was introduced to good stuff since I was really young.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Alexbond45 wrote:I'm glad I wasn't raised like other kids in my Generation, I listen to 80's, Jazz, and Classical
You must be so cool because implying all music genre don't have anything good or bad in them.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Nah most music from this Generation just is not very good (IMO), The same chord Progression has been used in most music forever (A-B-A-B-C and such) Most Music I listen to is stuff like the Eagles, A little bit of Journey, Weird Al, Music from John Phillip Sousa, John Williams, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and 60's Westerns.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Most of the music of the previous decades was not very good either. It just seems that way because only the good stuff is remembered, so you're only exposed to the concentrated goodness.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Wander

Post by Wander »

Mirrormn wrote:Most of the music of the previous decades was not very good either. It just seems that way because only the good stuff is remembered, so you're only exposed to the concentrated goodness.
+1.

There's tons of good music made today, but you won't find much of it by listening to the radio. If you don't know good artists post-1990, it's only because you haven't heard them.
Last edited by Wander on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Wander wrote:
Mirrormn wrote:Most of the music of the previous decades was not very good either. It just seems that way because only the good stuff is remembered, so you're only exposed to the concentrated goodness.
+1.

There's tons of good music made today, but you won't find much of it by listening to the radio.
No Joke.

Though, I prefer music today that does not have Vocals. I really like soundtrack music to various movies.
MY CODE:
TheTrueCole

Post by TheTrueCole »

I listened to this song before I went down Rin's path and it fit well, so, understandably, my mind was blown when I listened to this again after reading Rin's path. Classic stoner song as well, so the personality connection is obvious. I hope this wasn't an unintentional spoiler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loNv0yB5Bqs
Forgetting KS is like trying to ignore a kanker sore on your tongue. One does not, simply.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I love this song, and as I was listening to it earlier today, I decided the tone and lyrics both match Rin's route pretty well (especially "What words do I use, to try and explain" and "Removed from all the people who could never understand"). It could work pretty well for the game in general, too, I suppose.

Eric Clapton - Pilgrim

TheTrueCole

Post by TheTrueCole »

Mirrormn wrote:I love this song, and as I was listening to it earlier today, I decided the tone and lyrics both match Rin's route pretty well (especially "What words do I use, to try and explain" and "Removed from all the people who could never understand"). It could work pretty well for the game in general, too, I suppose.

Eric Clapton - Pilgrim
Listening to this song while reading your "Insights on Rin" post was pretty relaxing. A good way to end the night. :P
Forgetting KS is like trying to ignore a kanker sore on your tongue. One does not, simply.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

TheTrueCole wrote: Listening to this song while reading your "Insights on Rin" post was pretty relaxing. A good way to end the night. :P
I raise my glass of Sprite Zero to you, sir.

TheTrueCole

Post by TheTrueCole »

I had an epiphany and remembered this song, it had Emi written all over it. So I'm a bit of an Iron Maiden fan, sue me.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Since I'm actually writing a fic using music as a 'base'...

I'll give off a few (all by Supercell):
Hanako: さよならメモリーズ
Shizune: 星が瞬くこんな夜に
Emi: LOVE & ROLL
Misha: 君の知らない物語
Misha (Mk.2): 私え

Call this shameless plugging but...well, yeah I have my reasons. readdrabblesinmelodynao
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Doraleous

Post by Doraleous »

Not a suggestion of any song but I don't feel creating another thread just for this question is warranted.

So, I wanted to ask, do all the girls have a theme song? I know that Emi's is "Standing Tall", Rin's is "Parity", Shizune's (I think) is "The Student Council" and Hanako's (I also think) is "Painful History" (despite the fact that the first dialog scene with her you have "Everyday Fantasy" playing on the background).

Does Lilly also have hers?
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

Hearing the beginning of this song reminds me of Hanako's bad ending... :cry:

http://youtu.be/RFPcy2h-H9E