Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Fubard

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by Fubard »

Nothing comes close to the original soundtrack... I've got Parity in my playlist alongside my other music, because it's just that good. Some other stuff makes me drift into a Yamaku state of mind though. I was listening to the first Fountains Of Wayne album a lot around the same time I discovered KS, especially a track called Barbara H so that seeped in there by association, even though it doesn't really fit musically or lyrically. Maybe Please Don't Rock Me Tonight off that same record might fit Kenji pretty well come to think of it.

As for each character... Hmm. This could be fun, if only as an excuse to link a bunch of cool music!

Hisao: Julianna Hatfield - Universal Heartbeat. After all, a heart that hurts is a heart that works.
Emi: Nada Surf - The Way You Wear Your Head. don't push me cuz I'll fall in love. Sounds like it would be a good tune to run to. Plus I wanted to link a Nada Surf tune. Just be glad I didn't pick something by The Lemonheads, ok?
Rin: Smashing Pumpkins - Galapogos. An immensely gorgeous piece of music, and the lyrics remind me a bit of her path. Hell, most of this album does.
Hanako: Metric - Love Is A Place. Quiet and beautiful. Fits. Or, if I felt like being a complete prick, Ash - Burn Baby Burn. I hate myself a little for that one. Christ, what an asshole.
Shizune: Queens Of The Stone Age - You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire. It's songs for the deaf. Ya can't even hear it!
Misha: Zuckerbaby - Shampoo. Happy, bouncy and pink. The music video has a hair theme too. Dem drills!
Lilly: Smashing Pumpkins - Stand Inside Your Love. Another pumpkins tune. Couldn't be helped - I'm a big fan.
Kenji: Amanda Palmer - Night Reconnaissance. Just what does Kenji do when he wanders around at night? Steal flamingos and gnomes? Wouldn't put it past him.

Oh and for all the non-good paths where Hisao doesn't get the girl: The Slackers - Alone Again.

...and the good paths: Toots & The Maytals - It Must Be True Love
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Hisao's new Theme Song
And this one:
Is perfect for any route. Well, specifically when about the Romances in them :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Steinherz wrote:Hisao's new Theme Song
Oh, you silly willy! :lol:
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

KeiichiO wrote:
Steinherz wrote:Hisao's new Theme Song
Oh, you silly willy! :lol:
I meant to write Rin because of her comment about "It's the least a gentleman can do" but wrote Hisao instead. Could also work for Kenji :lol:
Is it wrong I can totally see Akira doing that dance PSY does in the video though?
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Josh_Mac

Post by Josh_Mac »

Ooh, ooh, my band actually made a CD about KS, which you can get for free, if you're so inclined. It'd mean the world to us if you'd check it out.
Fubard

Post by Fubard »

Just did the Kenji path. Ya know, for completeness.

I feel the need to post one more song.
Some Old Guy

Post by Some Old Guy »

Thought of one for Akira. It ain't jazz, but what the hell.

Also maybe this,if she ever was walking in slow motion all bad ass for some reason. Like into a really hard court case.

Swankiest court session ever.
"I smelled Los Angeles before I got to it. It smelled stale and old like a living-room that had been closed too long. But the coloured lights fooled you. The lights were wonderful. There ought to be a monument to the man who invented neon lights. Fifteen stories high, solid marble. There's a boy who really made something out of nothing." -Raymond Chandler
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I blame the MGSV trailer on this one.

For some reason it reminded me of Hanako, or hell, even Kenji if you want to be crazy about it.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Is it weird I can totally see Hanako (or Kenji, because of manliness fixation he has) secretly listening to Amon Amarth?
I also draw, kind of.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:Is it weird I can totally see Hanako (or Kenji, because of manliness fixation he has) secretly listening to Amon Amarth?
Yes. Yes it is.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Some Old Guy wrote:
Also maybe this,if she ever was walking in slow motion all bad ass for some reason. Like into a really hard court case.

Swankiest court session ever.

Awww yeah. Akira takes up smoking and becomes a 70's movie detective.

"Dat Akira is one bad mutha-"
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fubard

Post by Fubard »

pandaphil wrote: "Dat Akira is one bad mutha-"
"Shut yo mouth!"

...but yeah that song has cheesy 70s car chase written all over it. I can see it, what with that snazzy car of hers. Didn't Kenji insinuate some sorta connection with the scottish mafia? She's already rockin' the pinstripe suit after all.
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

Piano pieces by Yiruma (Lee Ru-ma) always seem to bring up images of KS in my mind.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I just had this slightly awesome vision of Shizune marching through Yamaku, looking for Hisao (atm in the park with Emi and Rin), with Tengil's theme playing from the speakers. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

So a few days ago, I went for a walk. I was listening to music along the way and picking dandelions to blow on. The dandelions made me think of Rin and this is the music I happened to have playing on my iphone. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."