Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by Xanatos »

<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Reyhan

Post by Reyhan »

KS OST 'To become one' by nicolarmafi is great flu music. As I'm now finding out. :oops:
Emi Shizune Lilly Rin Hanako

tumblr
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

This sums up KS, in my mind, perfectly. After all, "... dell'amore non si sa."
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Hurpderpington

Post by Hurpderpington »

The unwavering emotion remix in pokemon X and Y make me think of KS a lot.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Clara's Theme from Doctor Who is a very sweet little song that makes me tear up.

So yes, it reminds me of all the happy times in KS.

Last edited by pandaphil on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Fubard

Post by Fubard »

An amalgamation of a few different pieces from Secret Of Mana, done on piano. Gorgeous.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Fubard wrote:

An amalgamation of a few different pieces from Secret Of Mana, done on piano. Gorgeous.
Gorgeous indeed...And oddly suitable to KS.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Blanc

Post by Blanc »

Hmm,

I think this one fits Rin

I think this theme fits Hanako.

This one for Lilly

Still searching a fitting one for the Emi, Shizune, and Kenji...
Last edited by Blanc on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Path:
Rin > Emi = Shizune/Misha = Lilly > Hanako
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

I don't know why, but this song makes me think of one of the Neutral/Bad Endings (Rin's especially...):

Fort Minor - Where'd You Go?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
ababol

Post by ababol »

Hello everybody!

First things first: Since I haven't seen any "introduce yourself" thread in the forum, and it feels somewhat inappropriate to open one as first message, I'll double this post as answer and introduction of myself. Recently discovered KS and fell automatically in love with it, so that's why i decided to join the forums to know the devs and people like me. (Also I'd like to know if there is an official translation group for the game in Spanish, 'cause I'd like to join it).

So now, on with my contribution.

The game's still fresh enough for me to make every song I heard give me memories of certain scenes, and so I am not sure if I can say it's because of pure enthusiasm or I feel a real connection. I am a very musical-oriented person; it evokes images easily in me. But certain songs give a stronger impression.

For example, these two pieces make me remember Rin's path quite strongly.

"Sprawl II (Mountain Beyond Mountains)" by Arcade Fire. I don't know why, really. For some kind of reason, I connect her with dream-pop, whether it is electronic-oriented or not. However, Arcade Fire's composition gives me a strong, undetermined vibe that reminds me of her story, and I don't know why.

"Primavera", by Ludovico Einaudi. I discovered this track at the same time that KS, and every time I heard it I can only think of a green hill at sunset covered in dandelion seeds taking flight.

This song makes me remember the game in a more general tone.

"Step Out" by José González

And, finally, this song is DEFINITELY about Hanako. Don't try to convince me otherwise. The fact that it has over 15 years is merely accessory:

"Absolutely (Story of a girl)" by Nine Days
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Probably a bit more obvious then some of the other submissions here, but "Speak Softly, Love" (Love Theme from "The Godfather") by Andy Williams seems to quite suitable. I don't know why, but the piece's melancholic key seem's fitting - a musical 'memento mori', if you will.

Not sure if it would fit with any particular girl (it could even be an encompassing piece for all of them), but some of the lyrics and allegories seem to remind me of the confession scene in Lilly's route.

'Speak softly, love, so no one hears us but the sky
The vows of love we make will live until we die
My life is yours
And all because
You came into my world with love
So softly, love'
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Umber

Post by Umber »

Well, this reminds me a little bit of Red Velvet, mostly 'cause it's on the Euro-café side of things. If not with a little more kick to it.

I also have this irksome suspicion that Kenji would listen to rock.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Damaged People. Especially with Hanako x Hisao.

Actually, a lot of Depeche Mode fits.

Which may have something to do with me writing a fanfic that uses it heavily... (I actually am using Enjoy The Silence as like a quadruple entendre.)

This actually fits in at least three places, if not more: Lilian. The obvious one is Lilly's bad/neutral ending, although it also fits her good ending until Hisao turns it into the good ending. It also fits HANAKO'S bad ending, from her point of view, as well as every other ending except for her own good and neutral endings, and Lilly's good ending (and then it still fits), unless you interpret her presence in Shizune's route as her having come back, and not an error.

(Which is why I used it in my fic as well, given that it existed in a continuity that Lilly didn't come back in.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oh hell, these days what song DOESN'T make me think of KS in one way or another?

A scene I'd love to show Hanako when she was feeling down and unwanted. (posted before this damn song got beaten into the ground)

Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xaredian
Location: Elysium, Crytar, Terranova, somewhere in the universe

Post by Xaredian »

For reasons, I was told to post sound based artwork in here.

The EDM song "We could be heaven." makes me think of Katawa Shoujo.
To be remembered by anyone after death is the goal of basically every soul that's lived in this world.