Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by Umber »

Doryoku96 wrote:I have found a song that, in my opinion, fits Emi very well. Extremely well, even. I'd like to know what you guys think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtZb_fkK8KU
Thought some good chunks here and there fit nicely, most of them from the chorus, or the lead into it. Though, I don't personally like his voice, and the "I just want to kill you" bit kind of irked me, even if it kind-of-ish fit.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

This was posted a few pages back by... someone, but I cannot stress enough how it reminds me of Emi. Also, it's by one of the greatest bands in our universe. It's just a beautiful song as well.
Doryoku96

Post by Doryoku96 »

Umber wrote:
Doryoku96 wrote:I have found a song that, in my opinion, fits Emi very well. Extremely well, even. I'd like to know what you guys think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtZb_fkK8KU
Thought some good chunks here and there fit nicely, most of them from the chorus, or the lead into it. Though, I don't personally like his voice, and the "I just want to kill you" bit kind of irked me, even if it kind-of-ish fit.
Yeah, that bit did irk me a bit as well the first few times listening to it as well, but it grew on me. It's not exactly literal, I think. In a way, it can certainly fit Emi quite well. Here is what I think of it:

The "Wish I could just kill you" lyric reminds me of how Emi would seemingly push Hisao away both externally and internally (in her mind). In her case, that lyric wouldn't really mean she literally wants to kill Hisao (damn feminists). It, in my opinion, connotates to her not getting too close to Hisao out of fear of losing him, thus "killing" her close bonds with Hisao, if you get what I mean.

Overall, I do think it's a great fit. Thanks for the reply anyway. I'm glad to hear someone else's opinion on it. ^^
Routes:
Lilly = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune
Characters:
Emi = Lilly = Hanako > Rin = Shizune
------------------------------------------------
"You like puppets?"
"Misha, stop doing that! Wait... I'm Misha..."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Doryoku96 wrote:Yeah, that bit did irk me a bit as well the first few times listening to it as well, but it grew on me. It's not exactly literal, I think. In a way, it can certainly fit Emi quite well. Here is what I think of it:

The "Wish I could just kill you" lyric reminds me of how Emi would seemingly push Hisao away both externally and internally (in her mind). In her case, that lyric wouldn't really mean she literally wants to kill Hisao (damn feminists). It, in my opinion, connotates to her not getting too close to Hisao out of fear of losing him, thus "killing" her close bonds with Hisao, if you get what I mean.

Overall, I do think it's a great fit. Thanks for the reply anyway. I'm glad to hear someone else's opinion on it. ^^
Very well said, ol' chap. You seem to understand Emi quite a bit: Something that I kinda had trouble with.

Anyway, I like that song. It is a good fit for the Fastest Runner On No Legs.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Umber wrote:Polovtsian Dances, Dance of the Maidens.

Everything up to 2:30 brought scenes of Katawa Shoujo to mind. And then some fanon endings, some never-but-should've-been-IMO scenes.

Oh lord, all I can think of during the second half of that is a really crappy dance number on an old MST3K. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Merloficus

Post by Merloficus »

Can see myself dancing with Emi on the deck of a pirate ship to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbttZVTSJRU
Might have to teach her how to first, but i sure as heck wouldn't mind :lol:
Umber

Post by Umber »

Merloficus wrote:Can see myself dancing with Emi on the deck of a pirate ship to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbttZVTSJRU
Might have to teach her how to first, but i sure as heck wouldn't mind :lol:
Emi, pirate...Sailing her ship and adventuring to this song. Ignore the title, the music meshes really well with the pirate-Emi fanon.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

When she was a girl
She wanted to play
down by the sea.

At age thirteen
everyday after school
she would always sail-

-around the lake. All the people would stand and stare
as she sailed around with precision and care
With her bi-corner hat and the way he would stand
she looked just like a crippled Navy woman
All the townsfolk would gather and say, and sing away

Captain Emi Ibarazaki
She'll be a brave seafarer someday
But that Captain Emi Ibarazaki
She'll go down in the waves

(I'm a big fan of a certain band staring mechanical manz...)
SpecimenSix

Post by SpecimenSix »

Music about piracy but no mention of Gang-Plank Galleon? For shame! I could see Emi swashbuckling and pirating to that.
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:When she was a girl
She wanted to play
down by the sea.

At age thirteen
everyday after school
she would always sail-

-around the lake. All the people would stand and stare
as she sailed around with precision and care
With her bi-corner hat and the way he would stand
she looked just like a crippled Navy woman
All the townsfolk would gather and say, and sing away

Captain Emi Ibarazaki
She'll be a brave seafarer someday
But that Captain Emi Ibarazaki
She'll go down in the waves

(I'm a big fan of a certain band staring mechanical manz...)
That's it. Get in the trunk, we're eloping. :lol:

This is post-bad end Hisao on every route.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Xanatos wrote:That's it. Get in the trunk, we're eloping. :lol:
I'm not sure if it's a mutual elopement if I have to ride in the trunk... It smells back there. >.>
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I usually go with Alestorm when I need a pirate music fix.

Wow, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Rin: "Hey."

Emi: "Hey."

Rin: "What's the matter with him? Why's he hitting that wall with his head?"

Emi: "His girlfriend told him to gtfo. He's been on a binge for the past two days."

Hisao: "I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!" *thud* *thud* *thud*

Kenji: "I know bro, I know. It's okay. Bitches ain't no damn good."
Last edited by pandaphil on Sat May 04, 2013 4:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Nice choice of music, Panda! Alestorm are badass!
SwimmingInCloudland

Post by SwimmingInCloudland »

If we're going on an Alestorm/KS journey, I could totally see Emi on her pirate ship battling with a multiple-tentacled Kenji-kraken to this.

>inb4 "I've seen enough hentai to know where a multiple-tentacled Kenji is going"
ProfAllister: Either way, it's not the fedora on the outside that matters; it's the fedora on the inside that counts.
Doryoku96

Post by Doryoku96 »

KeiichiO wrote:
Doryoku96 wrote:Yeah, that bit did irk me a bit as well the first few times listening to it as well, but it grew on me. It's not exactly literal, I think. In a way, it can certainly fit Emi quite well. Here is what I think of it:

Very well said, ol' chap. You seem to understand Emi quite a bit: Something that I kinda had trouble with.

Anyway, I like that song. It is a good fit for the Fastest Runner On No Legs.
Thanks! Emi's route was my first, so it is undoubtedly my most memorable one as well. I think I could somewhat relate to her as well, so I guess I could understand her on a deeper level than I expected to. Anyway, thank you for the reply.
Routes:
Lilly = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune
Characters:
Emi = Lilly = Hanako > Rin = Shizune
------------------------------------------------
"You like puppets?"
"Misha, stop doing that! Wait... I'm Misha..."