Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by SpunkySix »

I feel like ( Glycerine by Bush works pretty well for a bad ending Hisao looking back on something like a failed Emi or Rin relationship, ("Could have been easier on you/ I couldn't change though I wanted to/ Should have been easier by three/ Our old friend fear and you and me") in kind of a bittersweet retrospect.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Fubard

Post by Fubard »

YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I think these two songs practically speak for themselves in the regard to Katawa Shoujo:
One
TwoMah girl Celion Dion, although the song also makes me think of a parents love for a child. I post it in this regard because it makes me think of the way Hisao was there for the girls in each respective route
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Gotta Knock a Little Harder from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack fits surprising well.
Not Dead Yet
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

The gentle melody about a butterfly :cry:

On a more upbeat note:

:mrgreen: (Yeah katawa crash is hilarious and it makes me think of the girls, especially Misha :cry: :lol: )
Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba!

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Recently bought me the Best Of The Doors album, and this little gem has given me mental images of Hisao and Kenji going through a very drunken probably stoned wander through the streets at midnight in the search of Whiskey :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

Any side stories involving Akira in Scotland :lol:

The theme that plays when you read through Hakamichi Jigoro's ultra-manly and ultra-Japanese biography, dating back his ancestors to the Hakamichi clan who fought with distinction with the Fujiwara Hojo and later under the Date after a branch family was sent north, and end up cutting off 200 heads of the Ashina at the battle of Suriagehara in 1589 and helping win the battle for Date Masamune :mrgreen:

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

[/quote]

"1545, this is Sengoku Jidai the age of the country at war"

That game is bloody amazing, although I never finished it, always conquered 3/4 of the map as Chosokabe then got bored with it :P

I always think if this song whenever I get the bad ending in any playthrough be it Hanako, Emi, etc:
Heartbreak 101 with DJtheOrc
DrunkWaifu

Post by DrunkWaifu »

YutoTheOrc wrote:
"1545, this is Sengoku Jidai the age of the country at war"

That game is bloody amazing, although I never finished it, always conquered 3/4 of the map as Chosokabe then got bored with it :P
Everything that begins must end, the time of the shogunate is over!

One of my favorite TW games :)
Recovering Hanako addict.
http://pastebin.com/ZV0xmAks - The Longest Day of the Year by Mehkanik, give it a try (its very short)
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

Its an amazing game :mrgreen:

Jigoro's ancestors should serve the Date, Yamaku being where it is and all :lol:

Anyway, some more possible "Sengoku Jigoro" themes :lol:

The Hakamichi hatamoto forms but a small part of Date's force, coming under the command of Katakura Kojuro, whose attack at Suriagehara leads to the final rout of the Ashina!

KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

Zenryoku Shounen (Boys with all our might) by Sukima Switch

The melody is nice and upbeat, and the lyrics kind of fit Hisao's situation, and even a postscript when he grows older :lol:

Cameron4444

Perfect song for Katawa Shoujo?

Post by Cameron4444 »

I was wondering, if you had the choice to choose any song that would be the theme song for a Katawa Shoujo anime/movie? Personally I'd say either Sad Song by We The Kings or Lovely Mess by Boyce Avenue. What do y'all think would suit? :D

Sad Song - We The Kings

Lovely Mess - Boyce Avenue
apackofbadgers

Re: Perfect song for Katawa Shoujo?

Post by apackofbadgers »

I've come to attach the OST to the game in such an entrenched manner that I can't imagine it with anything else.

That said, I've always felt like this song reminded me of Katawa Shoujo for some reason. Maybe I just found them at the same time or something.
ひかりのふるさと - Ichiko Aoba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P9YVqWzhrQ
dedsec

Post by dedsec »

This song makes me think of Lilly's neutral ending

It's not how far you get before your done, but what you accomplish getting there.
Fubard

Post by Fubard »

Ash - Girl From Mars Rin's not from mars (citizen of cloudcuckooland and all that) but this tune invokes a similar theme of being fascinated by an oddball type gal, and it rocks out pretty hard in psychedelic paint while doing so.

Also, Choro Club. Because. Reasons.