A lot of things to say

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yukinara

A lot of things to say

Post by yukinara »

I don't know if you guys are tired of hearing people say this but this game is freaking awesome. I stopped playing eroge for a loooooooong time ago (more than 10 years). The other day I heard about it on SankakuComplex. Out of curiosity, I downloaded it and now I can't stop playing. So far, this game worth much much more than the ones I spent $50 at gamestop. This is the first time that I
- Play while having diner. I NEVER eat while playing games. It is not healthy. But since the pace of this game is slow, I can play while putting food in my mouth
- Play in 3D. I tried converting this to 3D and the result is nothing sort of amazing, especially the scene where Lilly hugged Hisao and confessed her love on the field.
- Fear that it can end. I had played many great games before but I usually tried to beat them to see the ending or read somewhere online for the ending. For this one, I tried NOT to look into thread with the tag Spoilers since I want to experience the game myself.
- Learn while playing. I'm working on my own novel here and I can use this chance to learn new vocabulary and writing style since I'm not a native English speaker
- Tell myself that I have to stop playing and take a break.

I already finished Emi and Lilly good ending. Emi was easy and Lilly was a little more challenging but the reward was GREAT. I'm working on Shinuze's path and will save Rin for the last
Last edited by yukinara on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snelx

Re: A lot of things to say

Post by Snelx »

yukinara wrote: - Play in 3D. I tried converting this to 3D and the result is nothing sort of amazing, especially the scene where Lilly hugged Hisao and confessed her love on the field.
I'm quite curious about this.
mind sharing? :?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Palas

Post by Palas »

- Learn why playing. I'm working on my own novel here and I can use this chance to learn new vocabulary and writing style since I'm not a native English speaker
We're in the same boat. I have plans on writing something (anything), so I used KS to learn new vocabulary. I listed the words of which meaning I didn't know and it was shocking that, only in Emi's path, I marked roughly 130 words. Among these there were words of which I could tell the meaning because of the context, but I couldn't effectively translate into my own language, so I wrote them down anyway.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
yukinara

Post by yukinara »

Snelx wrote:
yukinara wrote: - Play in 3D. I tried converting this to 3D and the result is nothing sort of amazing, especially the scene where Lilly hugged Hisao and confessed her love on the field.
of course there won't be anything pop out of the screen but the 3D effect added depth into the game and make it look much better, the sex scene is somewhat the same but for some, it improved quite a bit
zeroyuki92

Post by zeroyuki92 »

Palas wrote:
- Learn why playing. I'm working on my own novel here and I can use this chance to learn new vocabulary and writing style since I'm not a native English speaker
We're in the same boat. I have plans on writing something (anything), so I used KS to learn new vocabulary. I listed the words of which meaning I didn't know and it was shocking that, only in Emi's path, I marked roughly 130 words. Among these there were words of which I could tell the meaning because of the context, but I couldn't effectively translate into my own language, so I wrote them down anyway.
Count me in the same boat, too :p
I hope we can see more indie OELVN developers, novels or whatever that was inspired by this (come on, what other project that was done by more than 20 people from all around the world, and giving it away for free?
yukinara wrote:
Snelx wrote:
of course there won't be anything pop out of the screen but the 3D effect added depth into the game and make it look much better, the sex scene is somewhat the same but for some, it improved quite a bit
What kind of sorcery...Err...What kind of device that you used to watch this in 3D? A 3D TV?
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

yukinara wrote: - Learn while playing. I'm working on my own novel here and I can use this chance to learn new vocabulary and writing style since I'm not a native English speaker
I actually play Visual Novels to learn. VNs are usually the only things that goes really in depth with description of characters, their ideals, their lifestyles. It isn't afraid to give every characters a twist, an extra, something you want to know or something that you just want to see.

Visual novels to me are the perfect examples of characterisation, and I quite enjoy it because I'm a roleplayer, and characters are essential things when you roleplay.