How does one go back to previous arcs ?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ignomified

How does one go back to previous arcs ?

Post by Ignomified »

So yeh i came into this VN having no idea about the characters or game being told about it from a friend, or about how i would go down the different routes, and as the story rolled along i seemed to like Rin the most and thus wanted to do her route first. I then stumbled upon a flowchart made by a member here, and i saw that i was progressing down Emi's path having made the wrong choices, and have spent the last half hour trying to go back to choose the "Take it easy" option and find i am unable to do so from the libary option in extras, with it just reverting me back to library.

So is there no other way ? Do i have to replay it all again just to start rins path ?
Kyou_kun

Re: How does one go back to previous arcs ?

Post by Kyou_kun »

Ignomified wrote:So yeh i came into this VN having no idea about the characters or game being told about it from a friend, or about how i would go down the different routes, and as the story rolled along i seemed to like Rin the most and thus wanted to do her route first. I then stumbled upon a flowchart made by a member here, and i saw that i was progressing down Emi's path having made the wrong choices, and have spent the last half hour trying to go back to choose the "Take it easy" option and find i am unable to do so from the libary option in extras, with it just reverting me back to library.

So is there no other way ? Do i have to replay it all again just to start rins path ?
I'd say just start a new game and skip up to where you haven't read. (Skip will automatically stop at those parts)
Crud Bonemeal

Re: How does one go back to previous arcs ?

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

To add to the above, Skip Mode will blaze past any text you've read before, and is your best friend when replaying Act 1. However, Act 1 also has some critical points where you can save your game and go back to easily switch routes.

1. If you can fulfill the conditions to get the option of Misha/Shizune, Hanako, or just reading your book when the lunch bell rings on the third day, save there. Read your book to get Rin, go with Hanako for her and/or Lilly, and go with Shizune for her route. Emi's route is accessible no matter which you choose. Most of the time, though, you'll only have two choices (read the book or go with whichever girl you've done better with). It's still not a bad idea to save there.

2. When on the track with Emi for the second time, "Go for it" is Emi's route. "Take it easy" for everyone else.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."