Timeline?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Anon60782436578

Timeline?

Post by Anon60782436578 »

Is anyone making a timeline for the different paths and the events leading up to the start of the game? I've been trying to figure out who did what when (when exactly Lilly and Hanako met, for example), but I'm having some difficulty.
Crud Bonemeal

Re: Timeline?

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

Well, there might be some minor complications. While the events of most routes seem like they could happen the other routes (just offscreen, or outside the scope of that route's timeframe), Shizune's route contradicts a lot of events, most noticeably the date of arrival for Iwanako's letter.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Didn't Lilly and Hanako meet roughly a year before the events of the story?
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

I'll start one up after I finish the Lily Route, which will probably be a few more days since I have stuff going on. But if anyone else wants to provide the base that's super cool.

The best way to do it right now would be to mark out past --> hisao's arrival and then divide the timeline along choice splits. I wouldn't bother trying to make a single coherent one until we have the alternate realities mapped.
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Judging from what Misha says in some routes, Iwanako's letter probably always arrives at the school at roughly the same time, it's when Hisao receives it that's the problem, seeing as he's out for a while when the deaf-mute & motormouth duo come knocking on certain routes, while on others they catch up with and pass it to him quickly enough.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

If there are different times for the same event based on the route (though, presumably, the devs tried to sync those things up), that should be noted in this timeline that whoever's making. Maybe color code events by route?
Pie is delicious.
Smoky

Post by Smoky »

A good basic start would to be set up several lines, each one representing a character, and then work from that. Going by events may be the best choice, since the letter would run across each allowing a "somewhat" broad idea of when it happened. Lily's ending would be the last bit, since it occurs sometime after school.
"Maybe people like butterfly vomit." - Rin
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Lilly's last scene is just after Hisao has been released from the hospital, which is probably not more than a week or two after his heart attack. Both Lilly and Hisao are still going to school.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

Smoky wrote:A good basic start would to be set up several lines, each one representing a character, and then work from that. Going by events may be the best choice, since the letter would run across each allowing a "somewhat" broad idea of when it happened. Lily's ending would be the last bit, since it occurs sometime after school.
Nope. Lilly's is just after Hisao's released from the hospital, as Mirage said. Shizune's takes place around graduation.
Pie is delicious.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

That reminds me: In Lilly's route, Tanabata is specifically stated to take place at some point after Summer break begins, IIRC, while it happens well before in Shizune's route. Also, while the exact date that Hisao receives Iwanako's letter varies slightly in most routes, in Shizune's, he doesn't get it until after Summer break, which means it almost certainly couldn't have arrived at the same time as the other four routes. I just think that for some reason (lack of communication, maybe?), Shizune's route's timeline is a little off. I guess there was really no obligation for them to stick to a consistent timeline between routes, so I won't really complain, although it did distract me a little in Shizune's route, I'll admit.
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
Smoky

Post by Smoky »

@Mirage_GSM and V2Blast, Yeah you two are both right. I keep forgetting that even those Shicchan's ending took place while at school, it was waaay down the line.

As for the letter, I personally thought it was late too, but I chucked it up to him being in the Student Council (he gets mail, they think that since he's coming to the room with them anyways that they'll just leave it there for him to pick up personally, but he never gets mail so he never checks).
"Maybe people like butterfly vomit." - Rin
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Anyone reading a thread titled "Timeline" and not expecting spoilers has only himself to blame...
Regarding Tanabata:
Wikipedia wrote:The original Tanabata date was based on the Japanese lunisolar calendar, which is about a month behind the Gregorian calendar. As a result, some festivals are held on July 7, some are held on a few days around August 7, while the others are still held on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the traditional Japanese lunisolar calendar, which is usually in August in the Gregorian Calendar.
Apparently the date for Tanabata varies from locale to locale, so they could have been talking about different Tanabata. Or each author chose the date that fit best into his story arc's timeline.
And yes, the letter arrives at different times in the various arcs. Again, this is probably according to necessity for the respective story told and shouldn't be taken as a sign that certain events occured in parallel.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

The timeline for KS is very complex, as it's just natural that every route has a different time for things.
good luck with this =)
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

A little list of some events:

Hisao's first episode: way before the first trimester.
Act 1: probably after the first trimester, and a little bit into the second one too.
Hanako's ending: Lilly's still in Scotland, so it ends in those weeks. The end of the second trimester is far from near, and Hanako's birthday only just passed.

Emi's ending: Exams happened; the second trimester's long gone. It's in the middle of the summer holidays, seeing as the couple has all the time in the world.

Lilly's ending: According to the death in the form of a single sheet of paper, the exams for the second trimester are pretty much done too. By the time of the good end, the first day of the summer holidays kicked in. Queue running for the airport overnight, hospital stays for a few days, and you've pretty much got the ending point. After the timeskip part Akira speaks of Hisao finally getting out of the hospital just now, so it's about 1 week, give or take a few days, since the holidays began.

Rin's ending: i dunno, lol. Rin got the entire second trimester off for her project, though I can't recall if the trimester had ended too when she finished the project. That's about as far as my knowledge goes.

Shizune's ending: School's out for ever. At least until college happens. At least this one's much more clear. It's the end of the third trimester, end of the year, end of Yamaku for the third year-classes and the student council

/nerde
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Act 1: probably after the first trimester, and a little bit into the second one too.
Act 1 starts around the beginning of May, so perhaps a few weeks into the first trimester which starts in April.

Sore wa himitsu desu.