Happiest route *no spoilers please*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

scoopnokes

Re: Happiest route *no spoilers please*

Post by scoopnokes »

rydiafan wrote:I don't know if there is a true happy route ( IMO ) .... Every girl seemed to have to give up something important to stay happy with Hisao Lilly gave up her family to stay with Hisao in the end there are happy moments but there really isn't a true happy route ( mind u i never finished Rin's route yet )
She didn't see her family for 6 years and her only family was Akira which, assumin from Akira's character, would let distance stop her from visitng lilly. So I see your point, but also that the girls themselves also chose to be with Hisao.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

rydiafan wrote:I don't know if there is a true happy route... there are happy moments but there really isn't a true happy route ( mind u i never finished Rin's route yet )
Don't worry, you won't find true happiness there either ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Prospektor

Post by Prospektor »

The happiest route is definitely Emi's.
She's cheerful and energetic, Mutou and Nurse are total bros (Emi's mom, too), you get a little Rin and Yamaku Cat Burglar on the side, Emi is open minded in bed, you get healthier and will lead a long life as a pirate with her!
Jackpot. :D
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

All the good endings were 'happy', so saying which one was the 'happiest' is hard. In my own opinion I'd say Rin because you went through shit for her.
Aust Kyzor

Post by Aust Kyzor »

In the end, I felt Emi's was the happiest (could change after I do Lilly's route, but I dunno)
Manual breathing activated!

Lilly=Emi>>>Hanako=Shizune=Rin=Misha

In terms of STORY, on the other hand - so far:
Lilly's>Emi's>>>>Rin's>>>>>>>>Shizune's>Hanako's

Complete: Hanako, Rin, Shizune, Emi, Lilly
What now? Now I cry over how beautiful the whole thing was.
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

rydiafan wrote:I don't know if there is a true happy route ( IMO ) .... Every girl seemed to have to give up something important to stay happy with Hisao Lilly gave up her family to stay with Hisao in the end there are happy moments but there really isn't a true happy route ( mind u i never finished Rin's route yet )
Thats life though if you want to be with someone truly in the end one way or another things will change and you will have to give up parts of you to be with them.

But isn't it a greater happiness to be with the one you love anyway?
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
anarki

Post by anarki »

Finished Shizune and Hanako, and I'm in Emi's Act 3, so far I can say Emi's is quite happy from the start and until now, quite bright.

Hanako's was a slow uphill battle but ended up happy indeed, if not a bit uninformative of their future (which I found quite sad).

What made me start this topic was definitely Shizune's path, which of these 3 is, in my opinion, the saddest route. The story is heavy, and of all girls (Lilly and Rin based on Act 1), I found Shizune was the one Hisao had the most work in bonding with. Partly because of the deafness, but mostly for her demeanor. I know that this is up to discussion and people will bring Misha up, so I'm leaving this alone.

Don't know if I would've created this topic if I had started with another girl, but I'm glad I did :D
shin0bi272

Post by shin0bi272 »

anarki wrote:Finished Shizune and Hanako, and I'm in Emi's Act 3, so far I can say Emi's is quite happy from the start and until now, quite bright.

Hanako's was a slow uphill battle but ended up happy indeed, if not a bit uninformative of their future (which I found quite sad).

What made me start this topic was definitely Shizune's path, which of these 3 is, in my opinion, the saddest route. The story is heavy, and of all girls (Lilly and Rin based on Act 1), I found Shizune was the one Hisao had the most work in bonding with. Partly because of the deafness, but mostly for her demeanor. I know that this is up to discussion and people will bring Misha up, so I'm leaving this alone.

Don't know if I would've created this topic if I had started with another girl, but I'm glad I did :D
I know how you feel. I did Shizune 3rd and was left sort of feeling hollow about her good ending and her bad ending was so terribly sad that Im glad I didnt do hers first or I might have quit playing/reading.
Welath

Post by Welath »

Emis or rins.

lilly and Shizune dont realy have the mental problems that the other 3 have. So they will be kinda happy anyways and Honoko. when you play lillys path you will understand there is hope even if you are not there for her.

And that leaves emi and rin... Rin.. Probablty wont be that happy without you and the same goes for emi. But seeing that yourself will probably live the longest in emis i will say Emi.
NomadicElectron

Post by NomadicElectron »

I think It's almost a tie between Hanako and Lilly for me. The endings are the happiest, though the road to both endings were paved in heartache and trepidation. It makes the two even more rewarding when they come.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Haseo

Post by Haseo »

shin0bi272 wrote:
anarki wrote:Finished Shizune and Hanako, and I'm in Emi's Act 3, so far I can say Emi's is quite happy from the start and until now, quite bright.

I know how you feel. I did Shizune 3rd and was left sort of feeling hollow about her good ending and her bad ending was so terribly sad that Im glad I didnt do hers first or I might have quit playing/reading.
I did Shizune first, it was kinda tough on me with all that mixed feelings and specially because I got the bad end second. For me it had a big impact because I didn't expected all those feelings and also Misha's scene.
Prospektor wrote:The happiest route is definitely Emi's.
She's cheerful and energetic, Mutou and Nurse are total bros (Emi's mom, too), you get a little Rin and Yamaku Cat Burglar on the side, Emi is open minded in bed, you get healthier and will lead a long life as a pirate with her!
This, and Nurse is a real bro.
Chiv

Post by Chiv »

Welath wrote:Emis or rins.

lilly and Shizune dont realy have the mental problems that the other 3 have. So they will be kinda happy anyways and Honoko. when you play lillys path you will understand there is hope even if you are not there for her.

And that leaves emi and rin... Rin.. Probablty wont be that happy without you and the same goes for emi. But seeing that yourself will probably live the longest in emis i will say Emi.
I don't know how you can say Shizune doesn't have mental problems. She is nearly incapable of connecting with people on any sort of personal level. Unfortunately I haven't finished any of the other girl's paths yet, but being unable to connect with people, always feeling like an outsider is probably the worst thing I can imagine, and the only girl I can see matching that is Rin, who suffers from the same thing albeit for a different reason. Shizune has such a strong willed personality that shes able to somewhat cope with this, but in my opinion that just makes it sadder. Both her endings I find kind of sad as she still hasn't really been able to solve this problem in either one, although in the good ending she has at least found a way to cope with it.
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

Chiv wrote:I don't know how you can say Shizune doesn't have mental problems. She is nearly incapable of connecting with people on any sort of personal level. Unfortunately I haven't finished any of the other girl's paths yet, but being unable to connect with people, always feeling like an outsider is probably the worst thing I can imagine, and the only girl I can see matching that is Rin, who suffers from the same thing albeit for a different reason. Shizune has such a strong willed personality that shes able to somewhat cope with this, but in my opinion that just makes it sadder. Both her endings I find kind of sad as she still hasn't really been able to solve this problem in either one, although in the good ending she has at least found a way to cope with it.
I don't think it's necessarily a problem for her. One can lead a happy life with very few close relationships. It's the quality, not the quantity, and I think that her relationship both with Hisao and Misha were really great at the end. Why is it a problem to have a strong-willed and assertive personality? And "nearly incapable" doesn't mean it's impossible.

I don't know where you got that she was lonely from. She talks to loads of other people through Misha, and all signs point towards that she wrote on a pad of paper before to communicate. Based on what she does in other paths, she does seem to want to look out for people and she even makes up with Lilly in Lilly's route. She has connections with basically everybody that Hisao knows and I don't think any of them truly hate her... there may be differences in philosophy but after looking at it from Shizune's point of view, it's just competition.

That, and it's perfectly fine for a woman to be interested in things other than building intense personal relationships... I think Shizune would have ended up fine in either ending due to her personality, but it would have taken her longer in the bad end.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
anarki

Post by anarki »

Prospektor wrote:The happiest route is definitely Emi's.
Completely off-topic, but I spit coke all over my keyboard when Rin barges in on Hisao and Emi, and just passes by completely unfazed. I'm very much looking forward to Rin's path, hoping that she continues obnoxious as ever.

I'm also looking forward to Lilly's, because on all paths she's so composed and happy, I don't have the slightest idea of what happens on her path...
Meikos

Post by Meikos »

Gotta say Lilly. While trying to avoid spoilers, I've gotta say Hanako's arc almost seems bland compared to Lily's and what it entails. Other than that, I've only done Emi's, which was very good. But again, I rest by Lilly's arc. I broke down multiple times through it, completely lost it when I got the neutral ending and completely lost it even more once I got the best ending. I never took myself as one to be interested in these sort of stories, but I felt extremely sick after crying so much. Lily's also left me with the greatest feeling of resolution too.
Kenji Guevara wants YOU to join the war against Feminism!