Happiest route *no spoilers please*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

anarki

Happiest route *no spoilers please*

Post by anarki »

So I just did Shizune's route, my first, and I'm starting Rin's second act.

I was quite sad with Shizune's ending(s) (but I'm not getting into detail to avoid any spoilers), but KS has taken a singular place in my heart. It's such a unique and interesting concept/novel that I want to feel happy when I complete 100% of it, even though I know some routes are emotional and saddening, at least one of them must be even a bit lovey-dovey and leave me smiling for Hisao and his "last" girl.

So I ask of you, fellow readers: In your opinion, which route you consider the happiest one?
Snelx

Re: Happiest route *no spoilers please*

Post by Snelx »

i noted, no spoiler.

I have only complete Emi, Hanako.
halfway through with Lily route.

I will say Hanako is the sweetest and happiest route.
Mainly because it is more like trying to get to know her, and help her.

Not too sure about Rin or Shizune. :?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Krikt

Post by Krikt »

Probably Emi's. Her disability never really factors into her life and her relationship with Hisao seems pretty much perfect.

After that would be Lilly's. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people would find this one the happiest since although she has a significant disability, it doesn't seem significant to her.

Hanako's route would probably be equal in happiness to either of those two if the scale was bigger. I think retrospectively it's a very happy one.

Of course, I'm not just basing it on those reasons but I think anything more would be spoiler material.
I was quite sad with Shizune's ending(s) (but I'm not getting into detail to avoid any spoilers),
Why note use the spoiler tags?

Code: Select all

[spoiler]Hidden text.[/spoiler]
Mouse over: Hidden text.
Last edited by Krikt on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shangz

Post by shangz »

If you want the happiest route, I would say Emi's..though I'm not going to spoil it for you! :) Hanako's route is actually pretty sad throughout the whole route only at the end was it happy but it was cut off at the wrong time I felt or maybe correctly so as to leave people's interpretation.

Please stop Rin's route and leave it for the last...her route by far the most touching and memorable one. I would advise you to leave it for the last!
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

I think Rin is the happiest followed by Lilly. The way Hanako ended was pretty close thanks to what happens near the end. It ended a bit abruptly though so it kind of prevents it from being up there. Emi is almost equal to Hanako, but only because that abrupt feeling kind of diminishes Hanako's a little (and I'm a little more partial to Hanako than Emi). These two are mostly cute. Shizune was pretty positive in general than happy; I personally like the finish more than the one with Emi.
Last edited by shadowbb on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Emi route, throughout is quite cheerful and light-hearted.
As they are teasing each other.

Not sure why, but the happiest i felt at the end of Hanako route is more than Emi route.
(not to offend any fans of Emi. i think the reason might be because i'm more of a fan of Hanako.)

so my opinion could be quite biased :?
shadowbb wrote:I think Rin is the happiest followed by Lilly. The way Hanako ended was pretty close thanks to what happens near the end. It ended a bit abruptly though so it kind of prevents it from being up there. Emi is equal to Hanako I'd say, but only because that abrupt feeling kind of diminishes Hanako's a little. These two are mostly cute. Shizune wasn't bad, I personally like it more than Emi's.
maybe can considered about shadowbb's opinion?

because he has completed all :lol:
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

shadowbb wrote:I think Rin is the happiest followed by Lilly.
:lol:

You're a very mean person.
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

I'm talking about them from an overall perspective, the endings heavily influencing my opinions. If you'd notice, I pick the ones that're more of a rollercoaster ride.

Edit: Re-reading the topic, I think I misread it.

During the course of each route, the happiest would be:

1. Shizune/Lilly
2. Lilly/Shizune
3. Emi
4. Hanako
5. Rin

For me anyway.

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
quellsnarg

Post by quellsnarg »

Probably Emi or Shizune's, I think. I know people criticize Shizune's route, but the reasons that a lot of people think it's unsatisfying/boring make me think it's a good ending and one of the most realistic endings in the game.

As for the most depressing, I think it's Hanako's, with Rin's as a close second.
Shizune >>> Emi > Rin = Hanako >> Lilly
anarki

Post by anarki »

Well I tried to avoid it because when I see the black box I can't help myself and mouseover instantly.. There are probably more people like me :lol: so I considered it would be safer if I started a completely spoiler-free topic so I couldn't possibly read any spoilers at all.

Thanks for all the answers, based on these I think I'm doing rin, hanako, lilly, emi... I guess. Maybe emi then finally lilly. I really liked her so maybe I can risk a bit sadness.
shangz

Post by shangz »

I say Emi's is the happiest because Hsiao obviously lives the longest when he is with Emi due to her spurring him to run and improving his heart condition. Emi has finally untangled the knot in her heart and is able to open up to people. They help each other along the way. Lily's route is far too dangerous for Hsiao's condition. He nearly died while having sex with her and also after chasing her. It only makes me feel sad as it means Hsiao looks like he might die early on and that's not a very happy outloook. Also, he is selfish in her route as he only depends on her and never sacrificing for her until the end

Most depressing is Hanako's for sure. Pitied throughout the whole route, it's only till the end that Hsiao finally realises that it's not just pity that he feels for her but that he really loves her because of the experiences that they both have and how similar they actually are.

Shizune's route is by far my least liked not because of the ending but because she never really needs him that much in the whole route. She has Misha and her little brother whom she obviously loves greatly.

For the most memorable and touching route, Rin takes top prize by miles. Hsiao is by far the most useful in her route. She actually really needs him because he's really her only confidant in this mysterious world which she can't relate too. Even if the developers didn't intend it, theirs is probably the true love that you see in real life. Forgetting each other's shortcomings and just focusing on the goodness of each other..it helps us to remember when our own relationships are not going well, what was it that we loved about each other in the first place...and how to finally accept one another for he/she is. This is what makes Rin's route so amazing...I feel it actually teaches us something.
MrSabotage

Post by MrSabotage »

shadowbb wrote:I think Rin is the happiest followed by Lilly. The way Hanako ended was pretty close thanks to what happens near the end. It ended a bit abruptly though so it kind of prevents it from being up there. Emi is almost equal to Hanako, but only because that abrupt feeling kind of diminishes Hanako's a little (and I'm a little more partial to Hanako than Emi). These two are mostly cute. Shizune was pretty positive in general than happy; I personally like the finish more than the one with Emi.
If we're talkin endings, i'd agree that rin's is happy. but i found the journey to that point far from happy, though very engaging.
shangz

Post by shangz »

anarki wrote:
Well I tried to avoid it because when I see the black box I can't help myself and mouseover instantly.. There are probably more people like me :lol: so I considered it would be safer if I started a completely spoiler-free topic so I couldn't possibly read any spoilers at all.

Thanks for all the answers, based on these I think I'm doing rin, hanako, lilly, emi... I guess. Maybe emi then finally lilly. I really liked her so maybe I can risk a bit sadness.

Haha have fun playing Rin's route first then...it's really the most thought provoking one...I think you can't even sleep properly after it's over :)
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

MrSabotage wrote:
shadowbb wrote:I think Rin is the happiest followed by Lilly. The way Hanako ended was pretty close thanks to what happens near the end. It ended a bit abruptly though so it kind of prevents it from being up there. Emi is almost equal to Hanako, but only because that abrupt feeling kind of diminishes Hanako's a little (and I'm a little more partial to Hanako than Emi). These two are mostly cute. Shizune was pretty positive in general than happy; I personally like the finish more than the one with Emi.
If we're talkin endings, i'd agree that rin's is happy. but i found the journey to that point far from happy, though very engaging.
I feel the same way.

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
Ukotaku

Post by Ukotaku »

Hanako>Lily>Emi>Rin>Shizune

well thats my opinion