Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Yuno

Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

Post by Yuno »

The music was really such an amazingly strong point in the game. Not only will I remember this game and what it took to make (more on that later), but I especially become nostalgic for the music.

Namely, the songs "Breathlessly" and "Moment of Decision" are so well written and go with the game so well that I can't help but get emotional myself when I listen to them. They are so very touching and capture the essence of the game so well.

For example, when hearing "moment of decision", I can't help but think of what the main characters have had to face when getting to whatever part they are at in the moment. What the developers have gone through to make this a reality. What so many people have toiled over. What lessons I learned when playing this game. What the game has taught me about disabled people. With all of that in my head, cried.
I have never cried at a game before.
I have never cried at a novel before, or a movie.
Never in my entire life before this game.
This fucking game...

The music is truly very powerful. Most of the time, music in games has far less meaning. This game was created by people who didn't have years of game design experience, and not only have all my other expectations been broken, but the music is so many leagues above what others have created before.

I love you so much, KS devs.
Last edited by Yuno on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CowPrint

Re: Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

Post by CowPrint »

I agree, I also think most of the character themes are well written and well executed.
Riku

Post by Riku »

I cried in the Lilly neutral ending. But the best song and placement of song goes to Moment of Decision in Lilly's path. It gave me so many goosebumps.
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

I'm afraid I didn't persist with the music on this game. I chose the time to help myself memorise a concerti I'm preparing but now I have a lot unlocked I might go back and listen.

Any recommendations?
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

harlequin wrote:I'm afraid I didn't persist with the music on this game. I chose the time to help myself memorise a concerti I'm preparing but now I have a lot unlocked I might go back and listen.

Any recommendations?
The two in the first post.
Riku

Post by Riku »

As a pianist I love Friendship and Moment of Decision. Also as a cellist, I love Concord.
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

Everything, really.

This game has such an amazing soundtrack, really a great job that Nicol and Blue123 did there.
I remember that the first time I heard Aria de l'Etoile it was really fitting, especially when the strings cease to play and it's just the piano that is left - really awesome.
The first three chords of "Romance in Andante II" remind me of another piece of music but I cannot really put my finger on it, also a really good track.
I also quite liked "Everyday Fantasy" and I don't know why. Normally I am not a fan of music written in a major key but this one really hits home, just like "Fripperies".
And there are so many more, like "Innocence" or "Letting my Heart speak". Go through all of them.

I also like the guitar in "Wiosna" very much.

The Sarabande from BWV1010 is also a must, it fits so well.

In my opinion "Air Guitar" is also a track that does not receive as much recognition as it should. It is a rather intricate piece of music, it just needs a bit of getting used to but usually when music requires something like that it is worth it. :)
Last edited by yuastnav on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"[...] it's just a ride."
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

I don't know, I just get the impression I first got. It's just rather bland piano music with a little orchestral support. It's very Japanese though, to have this sort of music in game, and it's definitely functional. I didn't find it overly moving.

Post by Guest »

No one talked about it, but my favorite track is Generic Happy Music. It IS kinda generic but as Shizune was my first route, this music happens quite a lot (I deemed it Misha's Song, cause it always plays when she appears), and it stuck in my head.

But a lot of the other musics are great ^^ I'm impressed.
LordMurdoc

Post by LordMurdoc »

I love the music in the game! I often find myself starting the game just to listen to the songs in the jukebox. Out of all the fantastic music, I personally liked Painful History the most. It's a very touching piece of music. Hopefully the soundtrack is released soon so I can listen while on the go. Some of the songs would make for great walking music.
shangz

Post by shangz »

The music is seriously amazing...it is used so well to convey the emotions during the scenes...I really cannot imagine that it was done voluntarily...their passion really shines throughout the whole game...other developers should be put to shame for the effort and dedication they have put into this game though
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

I loved it soooo much that i'm trying to learn "air (Guitar)" though fingerstyle acoustic is not my style. might also attempt a version "painful history"......
and having to learn to read music again is a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!

Anyway, the music was a big moving part of the story. It created atmosphere which is usually lacking in normal texts.
The way it was directed into the scenes as well was great. One could literally feel themselves crash down to earth with songs and feel lifted in others.

Dat shit was lovely.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I miss the demo themes. The remixes sound weird since I'm so used to the old versions.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

And if you need cheering up, try "ease"
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Same here,
all the music are catchy and seems 'well fit' into the scenes when they are played.
it adds more feel to the atmosphere throughout the playthrough.

how i wish that each of the girls to have one unique music that symbolize them 8)
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'