Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Terrato

Re: Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

Post by Terrato »

Zahlman wrote:
Guest wrote:Raindrops and Puddles definitely has to be one of my favourites.
I was starting to think I was alone on that one.

Anyway, I'm very thankful for the new The Student Council, and revision of Daylight. The old versions from the demo had background hums or beeps that I found very irritating (although my friends didn't seem to notice them and I couldn't really figure out how to point them out...).
i know what you mean, in one of the songs theres 2 beeps near the end and it sounds exactly like my oven timer... it freaked me out the first time, and then it jus seemed sort of annoying.
Harco

Post by Harco »

Moment of Decision is beautiful. Cold Iron is another favorite of mine, you hear it whenever Hisao has a heart attack. Ah Eh I Oh You (Nurse's theme, I believe?) has me automatically rocking my head every time I hear it.
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

Harco wrote:Moment of Decision is beautiful. Cold Iron is another favorite of mine, you hear it whenever Hisao has a heart attack. Ah Eh I Oh You (Nurse's theme, I believe?) has me automatically rocking my head every time I hear it.
As far as I've heard, Cold Iron only shows up when you've screwed up BADLY. Like when Emi tells you to get out or Shizune has her last words with you, when she knows what you did last summer. I love the song itself, but the aftertaste it gets because of the associated events makes it less pretty than it should be. (However, that's not a negative thing at all.)

Also, I liked the original Student Council better. While in terms of volume levels it was inferior, (and uneven with the others) it gave the feel of a typical, well, student council. Most of my other reasons are nostalgic for ye olde preview days, though. Don't expect rationality in those.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Evvinartopski wrote:
Harco wrote:Moment of Decision is beautiful. Cold Iron is another favorite of mine, you hear it whenever Hisao has a heart attack. Ah Eh I Oh You (Nurse's theme, I believe?) has me automatically rocking my head every time I hear it.
As far as I've heard, Cold Iron only shows up when you've screwed up BADLY. Like when Emi tells you to get out or Shizune has her last words with you, when she knows what you did last summer. I love the song itself, but the aftertaste it gets because of the associated events makes it less pretty than it should be. (However, that's not a negative thing at all.)

Also, I liked the original Student Council better. While in terms of volume levels it was inferior, (and uneven with the others) it gave the feel of a typical, well, student council. Most of my other reasons are nostalgic for ye olde preview days, though. Don't expect rationality in those.
Correct, but it also sounds most of the time when Hisao starts having a serious heart problem (not metaphorically).
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

Rivan wrote:
Evvinartopski wrote:

Correct, but it also sounds most of the time when Hisao starts having a serious heart problem (not metaphorically).
I guess you could say his heart screwed up badly then.

Still, I'm glad it doesn't happen with EVERY heart failure. During Lilly's good end it probably was a good thing that Friendship kept playing, rather than switch over.
boredism

Post by boredism »

Have a slight inability to close the game for the last... 3 days... not because I haven't finished the game, I got 100% and everything, just leaving it on the title screen with the Wiosna song just playing the the background...every time I get to possibly closing it... I "accidentally" alt-tab away... The music fits the game very well, maybe not the sound effects as much (stealing cake sound effect is just weird), but the music is great that I still have the game on... even though my computer is currently muted cause I am in a lecture...
JustAGuy

Post by JustAGuy »

All of the music was really good -- though the digitalish sound was a little distracting at points -- but after the events of the story they get even better.
I really can't listen to Wiosna and not feel THAT FEEL.
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

I am a little surprised to some of these weren't mentioned; maybe it's just the scenes they are introduced in the game, but whenever I go through the jukebox, these are what I feel:

Afternoon - progress, a sense of accomplishment, renewed energy and focused thoughts without being rushed.
Ah Eh I Oh You - despite starting slow, it's a mixed of something between relaxation but alert; it "fills" the ambiance very well avoids awkwardness. (Ah, didn't realize it was the nurse's theme, that makes sense!)
Aria de l'Etoile - extremely soothing and relaxing... I think this is what plays in the good endings?
Parity - I really enjoy this one; it's surprising uplifting for me, and I think they introduce it during some "amusing" scenes.
Moment of Decision - sobering and tugs on the heartstrings for me, though in general these type of slow paced, instrumental ones (Lullaby, Letting my Heart Speak) all do the same.

And of course we can't forget about Wiosna... the title song... although I thought it was a little too melancholy for me.
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
Muzzius

Post by Muzzius »

Evvinartopski wrote:

Cold Iron also turns up in Rin's bad end and along the path to the good end. A very foreboding song.
viduuskamen wrote: Parity - I really enjoy this one; it's surprising uplifting for me, and I think they introduce it during some "amusing" scenes.
I'm pretty sure Parity is Rin's theme, explaining why it is playing in amusing scenes :lol: .
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

Likewise whenever Out of the Loop starts:

xiety

Post by xiety »

When I played it first I tried to listen but later game or other routes it makes me go to sleep early

I will appreciate it more if there is a lyrics mostly likely in ending scenes good / bad
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

xiety wrote:I will appreciate it more if there is a lyrics mostly likely in ending scenes good / bad
I'm thinking how good it would be if someone uses one of the vocaloid voice-bank for KS music.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Notguest wrote:I miss the demo themes. The remixes sound weird since I'm so used to the old versions.
Pretty much, this. :?
"...!"
Phase6Macha

Post by Phase6Macha »

I very much enjoyed the music in the game, espeacily Air Guitar.
It's not often that I take a short break to listen to parts of the BGM.

Having an official soundtrack release would be really nice.
Dr. Heuschrecke

Post by Dr. Heuschrecke »

I deeply enjoyed much of KS's music. It's a combination of excellent composition and excellent context.