Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Riku

Re: Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

Post by Riku »

Everyone song in Lilly's route makes me feel either really sad or really happy. Or both.

Post by Guest »

Raindrops and Puddles definitely has to be one of my favourites. As well as The Student Council, Generic Happy Music... I'unno. Maybe it's the guitar parts that do it for me.

Oh, also Red Velvet and Ah Eh I Oh You. The former for being so classy and the latter for the incredible bass.
Carnificus

Post by Carnificus »

The more I play this the more I love the OST, and while I love all of the music so far I feel like Aria de l'Etoile is far and away my favorite after the Rin story. The only song I'm not fond of is the song that plays after the day ends, after a really emotional scene it just feels very out of place.
"Stories never begin nor do they end. They are comprised of people living, an endless cycle of interacting, influencing each other, and parting ways. As long as stories are told they shall not have clear endings." -Vice President Gustav St. Germain
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Here's a nice remix of Painful History:

Here's a different version by Nicol Armarfi posted back in October that sneakily used a frame from the Mike Inel cinematic:
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

I love the music 100%. The timing of each one during the events in the story is excellent. Each track is also perfectly appropriate during the scenes they play in. Fantastic. Even when I'm just listening to them on their own in the jukebox (very glad this was a feature), they're simply amazing and still stir up some of the atmosphere and mood from the game.
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I agree as well. I'm normally notorious for not listening to music during films, games etc, and won't be able to tell you what the music was like after watching/playing it, but perhaps because KS has no audio apart from the music, I really really enjoyed listening to it, and often play the soundtrack on loop as background music while I do something else.

It is simple, but somehow feels uplifting and optimistic to me, and is fast becoming one of my favourite soundtracks to listen to (admittedly I don't have many).
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
bigbluedragon

Post by bigbluedragon »

Music in this game is awesome, one of the best soundtrack in games I've heard. Moreover all of them fit the content perfectly(I can't imagine this game without that music).

First thing that i did after playing it for 13h straight was getting those music files from game and then uploading it to mine ipod and phone so i can listen to it everywhere i want :).

Best ones for me are Sarabande, Friendship, Wiosna(ever since I saw the title i have been wondering, does it have anything in comon with a polish word spelt exactly the same meaning Spring?)

Btw anyone know if there will be normal release? I would love to have them all in flac format :D or at least 320kbps since the one from game file are just 112kbps xd
last man sitting

Post by last man sitting »

If someone had a link to a download for "breathlessly" i'd give them a million hugs.

It's so sweet and tender it really gets to me.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Here's a nice remix of Painful History:

Here's a different version by Nicol Armarfi posted back in October that sneakily used a frame from the Mike Inel cinematic:
i listen to trance and techno a lot so this remix is a refreshing reintroduction to Painful History that doesn't involve a river of tears.

the 2nd remix is also very good, idk why tho but the original with simply piano strings seems more touching... i guess the 2nd remix seems like a ballad, which isn't bad; i jus think it portrays itself a little differently (know what i mean?)

And in response to the main topic the answer would definitely be yes... The music was phenomenal and i personally found Moment of Decision and Painful History to be my two favorite songs. If a song can make me cry then that means it's won my heart... and those two weren't the only ones so i think its safe to say that after looping every song for hours on end may seem obsessive, i seem to particularly view them as songs that never end. Painful History just rolls into itself so easily and being one of the best composure's i think i've ever heard i don't think i could ever say anything bad about it.
SirRazer

Post by SirRazer »

I played the game muted until now....until I saw the people here saying that the music would be good....

And now...now I'm listening to the ost...and I'm crying. Cold Iron, Moment of Decision, Painful History... :cry:
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

SirRazer wrote:I played the game muted until now....until I saw the people here saying that the music would be good....

And now...now I'm listening to the ost...and I'm crying. Cold Iron, Moment of Decision, Painful History... :cry:
to receive the full effect, replay the scenes where that music comes up; it births a newfound feeling you never thought you may have had (least for me)
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

The soundtrack is absolutely awesome and just adds to the feeling that you're playing a masterpiece.

I still can't believe I got this game for free without robbing anyone or breaking the law.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

Rivan wrote:The soundtrack is absolutely awesome and just adds to the feeling that you're playing a masterpiece.

I still can't believe I got this game for free without robbing anyone or breaking the law.
lol, you can thank 4LS for preventing you from pirating... see, they really do care about us :3
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Terrato wrote:
Rivan wrote:The soundtrack is absolutely awesome and just adds to the feeling that you're playing a masterpiece.

lol, you can thank 4LS for preventing you from pirating... see, they really do care about us :3
Dude, I ttotally forgot to mention that in my letter of appreciation... Another one coming up or what?
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Zahlman

Post by Zahlman »

Guest wrote:Raindrops and Puddles definitely has to be one of my favourites.
I was starting to think I was alone on that one.

Anyway, I'm very thankful for the new The Student Council, and revision of Daylight. The old versions from the demo had background hums or beeps that I found very irritating (although my friends didn't seem to notice them and I couldn't really figure out how to point them out...).