Animé possibilities and lessening the hate,

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Misfile17

Animé possibilities and lessening the hate,

Post by Misfile17 »

So I was talking to another user on here, and he said the following

" There are those who have waited these years for this VN to come out, and when it did they found an extraordinary story and the characters they grew to feel for them. It's not something weird and I agree that it's just an attachment that some have gained from reading the VN. I find that it's sorta envious that they can speak out like that, but still at the same time that it's still needed to keep in mind that they're not real. The closest thing to having a girl like that for a spouse would mean either: take what you gained from this story/venture and take the main point of the whole story and live life. Go out there and live your life and find someone that you can also have an emotional connection. Katawa Shoujo shows that no matter if you're disabled or not, we're all still people at heart learning and experiencing that same thing as others. So when you live your life, just keep that in mind to not look at the differences but look past them to who people truly are. "

I think this is a vital thing for us all to take into account and to share with as many people as we can, this way it might change the view of the people who don't think Katawa Shoujo deserves the respect and love from its fans, or the possibility of an Animé or some other future beyond the VN, What do you guys think?

Credit to scoopnokes for the amazing insight :)
FrozenKimchi

Re: Animé possibilities and lessening the hate,

Post by FrozenKimchi »

I've read another insight from /v/
(don't know the source though so forgive me)
So it's actually not about seducing and nailing disabled girls. The girls happen to have disabilities, but the more you get to know them, the more you come to realise that they are girls just like any other. They are humans with hopes and dreams, and messy, fucked up insecurities about being alive and happy. They are not strange people - they are regular ordinary human beings who feel the way they feel not because they are disabled, but because they are ordinary. They are the universal allegory for humanity; the archetypal human; the mess you become when you feel sad and alone and unworthy. They are the girl next door, the prom queen, the bookworm, the tomboy, and all the baggage that comes with that - nothing more or less.

They resonate with you because you recognise your flaws and needs and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know them and are them, and in some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy.

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
^
this is stuck in my head and makes sense too
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

FrozenKimchi wrote:I've read another insight from /v/
So it's actually not about seducing and nailing disabled girls. The girls happen to have disabilities, but the more you get to know them, the more you come to realise that they are girls just like any other. They are humans with hopes and dreams, and messy, fucked up insecurities about being alive and happy. They are not strange people - they are regular ordinary human beings who feel the way they feel not because they are disabled, but because they are ordinary. They are the universal allegory for humanity; the archetypal human; the mess you become when you feel sad and alone and unworthy. They are the girl next door, the prom queen, the bookworm, the tomboy, and all the baggage that comes with that - nothing more or less.

They resonate with you because you recognise your flaws and needs and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know them and are them, and in some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy.

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
^
That's beautiful too, And the same sort of feeling I got from KS,
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

^
The fact is that many see it, many can understand this view point. Possibly grow from it. But only if they're open minded to believe and experience the nature that KS tries to offer and open the audience to. If someone is not open to the idea just cause of the synopsis of KS, then KS will go misunderstood and then be seen as taboo. If someone sees you pull a chair out, the exact chair you wish and were going to sit it. They stand there for a bit looking at you. Do you think "hey thanks for pulling it out for me" or "bitch that's my chair"? Those who don't see the situation as something more than what it is wouldn't mind or think otherwise of it. But if someone comes in with over analyzing things without an understanding would mistaken this act.

Applied, KS, we come in not expecting anything but a VN about a student transferring to a school designed to help those in need. There are those who come in thinking, mission objective: sex + disabled girl = win.......

Like what Frozen brought, it's more than anything a story about finding ourselves and looking pass the shallows view points. Look beyond the scars, the blindness, deafness, missing limbs. Look at what makes us us. If the true message can get across, KS could be less frowned on. Sure we can ignore them and say it's there loss, but if we're really fans of KS why would we let something the devs worked hard on for 5 years for free become sometime less than what it deserves?
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

scoopnokes wrote:

^
The fact is that many see it, many can understand this view point. Possibly grow from it. But only if they're open minded to believe and experience the nature that KS tries to offer and open the audience to. If someone is not open to the idea just cause of the synopsis of KS, then KS will go misunderstood and then be seen as taboo. If someone sees you pull a chair out, the exact chair you wish and were going to sit it. They stand there for a bit looking at you. Do you think "hey thanks for pulling it out for me" or "bitch that's my chair"? Those who don't see the situation as something more than what it is wouldn't mind or think otherwise of it. But if someone comes in with over analyzing things without an understanding would mistaken this act.

Applied, KS, we come in not expecting anything but a VN about a student transferring to a school designed to help those in need. There are those who come in thinking, mission objective: sex + disabled girl = win.......

Like what Frozen brought, it's more than anything a story about finding ourselves and looking pass the shallows view points. Look beyond the scars, the blindness, deafness, missing limbs. Look at what makes us us. If the true message can get across, KS could be less frowned on. Sure we can ignore them and say it's there loss, but if we're really fans of KS why would we let something the devs worked hard on for 5 years for free become sometime less than what it deserves?
While I respect the views that are coming forth here I must say this one thing.

Those who cannot or will not understand what Katawa Shoujo is really about are neither a lost cause nor the reason for a crusade.

If Katawa Shoujo, more specifically Rin, has taught me anything it is that the first step to understanding is to first realise that sometimes you cannot understand.

While we may sing it's praises anyone dead set on thinking Katawa Shoujo is Cripple Sex, there is little else we can do about it other than hope that they're feeble and narrow mind will at some point grow and learn, not just about Katawa Shoujo but life in general.

One cannot force another to believe any more that one can force another to stop believing. To do so would be a grave insult to Katawa Shoujo, whos basic message is to not descriminate nor hate anothers differences.

Also we should not bring the Developers wants or needs into this kind of argument. They did not create Katawa Shoujo with the express intent of it being lauded over, or greatly respected, It is something for the people who understand it, and it is foreign to those of wish it to be foreign.

Katawa Shoujo is Katawa Shoujo, no amount of pleading, praising, advertising or reviewing will change that, and people will think what people will think. If they cannot even get past the title I don't believe that they are ready for the experience.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

"While I respect the views that are coming forth here I must say this one thing.

Those who cannot or will not understand what Katawa Shoujo is really about are neither a lost cause nor the reason for a crusade.

If Katawa Shoujo, more specifically Rin, has taught me anything it is that the first step to understanding is to first realise that sometimes you cannot understand.

While we may sing it's praises anyone dead set on thinking Katawa Shoujo is Cripple Sex, there is little else we can do about it other than hope that they're feeble and narrow mind will at some point grow and learn, not just about Katawa Shoujo but life in general.

One cannot force another to believe any more that one can force another to stop believing. To do so would be a grave insult to Katawa Shoujo, whos basic message is to not descriminate nor hate anothers differences.

Also we should not bring the Developers wants or needs into this kind of argument. They did not create Katawa Shoujo with the express intent of it being lauded over, or greatly respected, It is something for the people who understand it, and it is foreign to those of wish it to be foreign.

Katawa Shoujo is Katawa Shoujo, no amount of pleading, praising, advertising or reviewing will change that, and people will think what people will think. If they cannot even get past the title I don't believe that they are ready for the experience.[/quote]

That's a fair enough point, It's just a shame people can be so close minded about things, I convinced a friend today to play through it and he finished one story this evening, At first he was opposed to it because of the theme but after playing it and having to think about it he's now a fan and understands, So I think some people might just be being stubborn, which is sad
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

It wasn't my intent to suggest a crusade or anything and I do apologize to bring up devs. But to have a misunderstanding over something silly is just well silly. Given I agree with
Nightydreams wrote:If they cannot even get past the title I don't believe that they are ready for the experience.
It is kinda sad that because the title is weird to them that they won't try it.

I didn't suggest a change or a reviewing. I just implied the question as to why it's such a hard concept to grasp.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Nightydreams wrote:Those who cannot or will not understand what Katawa Shoujo is really about are neither a lost cause nor the reason for a crusade.
thought if you really think of a crusade when seeing this. Shall we start wearing capes and masks and flying around spreading the word? :p
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

scoopnokes wrote:
Nightydreams wrote:Those who cannot or will not understand what Katawa Shoujo is really about are neither a lost cause nor the reason for a crusade.
thought if you really think of a crusade when seeing this. Shall we start wearing capes and masks and flying around spreading the word? :p
Heh, don't worry I wasn't suggesting you wanted to start anything, I was just using your post as a starting point for my own rant. but, A crusade should involve warfare too, internet warfare.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Nightydreams wrote:
scoopnokes wrote:
Heh, don't worry I wasn't suggesting you wanted to start anything, I was just using your post as a starting point for my own rant. but, A crusade should involve warfare too, internet warfare.
a viewpoint turned into a misinterpretation of a crusader gone to a real crusade to ?????
I call the White ranger