Odds of KS getting a sequel?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CowPrint

Re: Odds of KS getting a sequel?

Post by CowPrint »

Kyou_kun wrote: Well it really differs, even in the U.S.
For example, up until I my freshman year, my highschool was a 3 year school, now it is a 4 year school.
Another thing that kind of confused me, is that Hisao often mentions graduation a lot more in Shizune's path then Rin's. So I could only assumed that they would be coming back for another year in Rin's path.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Seriously, I think there's little need to.

We can all obtain an ending we want and proceed with our own imagination from it.
It isn't difficult. You can even write fanfiction as to how Hisao and (Insert girl) grew old together (or didn't).
A sequel with the same characters would be a bit pointless.

Where a sequel that just happens to be in Yamaku and consider some of Hisao's legacy at the school as well as a different set of romantic interests... That's just trying to milk the idea of all it's worth, to me.

Maybe in 75 years they'll decide to make a graphic full-blown Yamaku RPG that focuses on romance and can be continued past the graduation year, but for now, let's just be happy with the masterwork visual novel we have.
Last edited by Rivan on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Poly

Post by Poly »

I doubt KS would be getting sequel at all. What would be nice is to see something of a "Afterword" based on the characters by each writer. See if they clear up something or just basically give us a "Here is where they are now"

Not necessary. Not a game. Just a blog post or something explaining the events after the story has passed. I think it would be nice.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

If they had wanted there to be an afterword, they'd have included it in the VN.
I'm not the most imaginative person myself, but really, do you need everything spoon-fed to you?

Well, I'm sure there will soon be lots of sequels sprouting in the fanfiction section...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Carnificus

Post by Carnificus »

I really don't want a direct sequel to KS, I mean I guess they could try to do something like Clannad and have an after high school story but for some reason it just doesn't seem fitting and if it goes bad I wouldn't want it to sully how good this game was. That said I would love to see members of the team that did this work on similar projects not directly related to KS.
"Stories never begin nor do they end. They are comprised of people living, an endless cycle of interacting, influencing each other, and parting ways. As long as stories are told they shall not have clear endings." -Vice President Gustav St. Germain
Poly

Post by Poly »

Mirage_GSM wrote:If they had wanted there to be an afterword, they'd have included it in the VN.
I'm not the most imaginative person myself, but really, do you need everything spoon-fed to you?

Well, I'm sure there will soon be lots of sequels sprouting in the fanfiction section...
I think it would be nice, its not necessary but I like the way the stories throws me for a loop half the time. Fanfictions are good up to a point where some people write about what they want the characters to be rather than what they are.
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

I think an afterword, even in the KS blog would be nice. It may even calm my fidgety nature about this. I don't know why it just irks me.
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

An afterstory would probably be okay, but I think it would work better as a series of animated shorts covering Hisao's life with each girl after graduation.

I think it would be better if they release a patch to expand the content a little, fix grammatical errors, rewrite certain bits of text to better portray the facets of a character's personality...that sort of thing.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
BubbleTeax

Post by BubbleTeax »

It would have been nice to have a sequel...

I would have liked to see where things went with Rin. It seems it was left open for many possibilities in the story.
"Pick the path that your heart chooses."

Completed; Emi, Rin & Shizune.
Current Paths; Hanako & Lilly.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

BubbleTeax wrote: It seems it was left open for many possibilities in the story.
Not seems, was. Intentionally. All good stories have to end, and they end with major conclusion. Do you guys do this after you finish EVERY piece of media?
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

They wrote the story they wanted to write.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

The odds, at the moment, are zero. 4LS has announced no plans to make one themselves, and they've explicitly denied permission for fan-made sequels.

The odds that this might change in the future are technically not zero, but it is probably safe to assume that it won't happen.
idle observer

Post by idle observer »

Well technically there's nothing stopping anyone from making their own sequel. Last time I checked KS wasn't copyrighted or anything like that I thought about writing a highschool of the dead/Katawa shoujo cross over but I'm too lazy
Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

Oh there could be a sequel, it's called fanon as in do it yourself, even if it's unofficial at least you have your fanmade manga/anime/visual novel sequel. As for official, ha I bet if they're bored enough for another 5 years, nah not even then.
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

Any devkits/resourcing going to be released? Because with enough patience, a new team could write up a story and use the old stuff (giving credit where it's due of course) to make a brand new VN. Backgrounds seem easy enough to replicate since they are based off real location.