What's up with all the hate?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CindehQ

Re: What's up with all the hate?

Post by CindehQ »

There's lots of people who don't like the idea behind KS or even just the title. Many of these people have not played the game, and dislike it on premise alone. And there's a lot of trolls on Gelbooru. Deal with it.

Honestly, you guys aren't acting very gracefully in response either. Assuming these trolls are Japanese? And then making a blanket statement that Japanese people hate it or that all these people are basement dwellers who only like creepy, pandering dating sims? Jumping the gun much.

People are entitled to dislike whatever they want.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

CindehQ wrote:There's lots of people who don't like the idea behind KS or even just the title. Many of these people have not played the game, and dislike it on premise alone. And there's a lot of trolls on Gelbooru. Deal with it.

Honestly, you guys aren't acting very gracefully in response either. Assuming these trolls are Japanese? And then making a blanket statement that Japanese people hate it or that all these people are basement dwellers who only like creepy, pandering dating sims? Jumping the gun much.

People are entitled to dislike whatever they want.
True enough but at the same time we are given the right to defend what we wanna defend ..... That whole free speech thing lol
gogosendai

Post by gogosendai »

Then I, Japanese, want to defend ourlselves telling you that we have no single clue what gelbooru is. I have never ever ever heard of a site called gelbooru, I'm pretty sure hardly any Japanese have. Besides, we have no very strong negative opinions on this game, neither positive. Unfortunately, this game so far is nothing but a doujin VN game sank in hundreds of similar kinds, at least that's the situation in Japan.
Also be aware how vigorously Japanese people avoid seeing alphabetical languages. It's too early to know their responses.
BV

Post by BV »

I don't think this was worth discussing. Just liking anime garners hate. Just enjoy what you like and ignore the haters.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

BV wrote:I don't think this was worth discussing. Just liking anime garners hate. Just enjoy what you like and ignore the haters.
idk, i mean; even though we all know about this. it's still nice to talk about and hear the opinions of others. IMO at least
urishima

Post by urishima »

BV wrote:I don't think this was worth discussing. Just liking anime garners hate. Just enjoy what you like and ignore the haters.
Actually, I prefer not ignoring the haters. instead I prefer doing something like this:

Drives them nuts :mrgreen:
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Believe it or not, KS is in the top10 list in Gamefaq

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc

a fan-made game in top 10?
it seems the love > hate.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

Snelx wrote:Believe it or not, KS is in the top10 list in Gamefaq

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc

a fan-made game in top 10?
it seems the love > hate.
Oh wow, that's awesome.
Shizune: [Why does he get to see your room and I can't? Is it a guy thing?]
Hisao: It's not a secret club being a guy.
Kenji: It should be. With rings. Rings with big ass emblems. And gold!
Nivrin

Post by Nivrin »

I feel bad for them because they will forever be stunted human beings. KS is an enriching and amazing experience I think every self respecting person of society should play through. It tells much about the struggle of humanity, and personal struggles.

I'm a better person. They will not be. Let them hate.
The sky changes every day but it always stays the same. Humans don't have that luxury.

Haphazardly butchered together from the immortal words of Rin.