Pubic Hair. (Clean thread but spoilers)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

skaijo

Pubic Hair. (Clean thread but spoilers)

Post by skaijo »

I've completed Emi's, Rin's, Hanako, and Shizune path so far (including "Misha's" pseudo route).

I understand that the sex scenes don't have to be explicitly graphic, but let's logistically reason why none of the characters have pubic hair.

Emi: Based on the short shorts she wears during training, it's very plausible for Emi to shave both her legs (or thighs specifically) and pubic regions simply out of convenience and speed advantage. She may even be prepubescent, or at least not to the point where she'd develop especially thick hair.

Hanako: I imagine she's so aware of her body that she does her best to maintain it at all times, including maintaining body hair.

Shizune: I'm not calling Shizune promiscuous, but it wouldn't surprise me if she shaved regularly--or pre-emptively for her planned "wooing" for Hisao.

Misha: Not really sure about this one. though the most offensive thing/elephant in the room is that, as a lesbian, she's use to oral foreplay, which is best done without a course bush.

Rin: Absolutely no explanation is conceivable. Especially since both H-scenes take place after Rin hasn't been in contact with Emi for at least a week (if Emi shaved on Rin's behalf). ...Yeah I've got nothing. Help?
INFERTakuya

Re: Pubic Hair. (Clean thread but spoilers)

Post by INFERTakuya »

It's an eroge. How many eroge are there, really, where the female characters actually have pubic hair?

Just take it as all of them having some sort of gene that results in them not having pubic hair.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

skaijo wrote: why none of the characters have pubic hair.
You are wrong.
Lilly <3
:D

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, Rin

Current Path: Lilly, again.
skaijo

Post by skaijo »

INFERTakuya wrote:It's an eroge. How many eroge are there, really, where the female characters actually have pubic hair?

Just take it as all of them having some sort of gene that results in them not having pubic hair.
I admit I don't have any experience with eroges, if KS is one of them, then it's my first.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

skaijo wrote:Emi: ... She may even be prepubescent, ...
Prepubescent? She's either 19 or 20 years old, depending on the age she started school^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
skaijo

Post by skaijo »

INFERTakuya wrote:It's an eroge.
Sardaukar wrote: You are wrong.
I have grossly overestimated the caliber of discussion on KS forums. Have a nice life peeps.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Even though they are shown bald pubic hair is still mentioned in the dialog. I guess it was just a decision made to lighten the workload on the artists.
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

Emi is written as having "a tuft of hair between her thighs" so I'm going to assume the artist decided not to draw any despite it being mentioned.
Last man sitting

Post by Last man sitting »

I'm pretty sure Lily has some hair going on down there. But as a blonde it's kind of hard to see.
Geroaergaroe

Post by Geroaergaroe »

Last man sitting wrote:I'm pretty sure Lily has some hair going on down there. But as a blonde it's kind of hard to see.
Just checked, she got some during the Diminuendo Scene (the first H-scene of the path), even if she's partly hiding them with her hand.
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

Haven't you seen the nude-sprite of Lilly?

She certainly does have pubic hair, and it's shown
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

Ever thought people shave?
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

It was a bit weird seeing Rin totally clean shaven as if she had waxed
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

skaijo wrote:
INFERTakuya wrote:It's an eroge.
Sardaukar wrote: You are wrong.
I have grossly overestimated the caliber of discussion on KS forums. Have a nice life peeps.
How would you explain it then?

Seriously, it's just a game and by no means an accurate representation of real life. Just take it as it comes and don't sweat the details.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Free the Bee

Post by Free the Bee »

I think the lack of pubic hair feels like more of an issue because the game otherwise presented the sex in a very realistic way. If this were a regular eroge, it'd be easier to suspend disbelief. This game went for a much higher standard of believability than is usual. I was really pleased to see that the sex was often awkward, uncomfortable and slightly inept. The absence of pubic hair (particularly in Rin's case) seemed to be at odds with these portrayals.