Best Cinematics

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Merlyn_LeRoy

Re: Best Cinematics

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Yuno wrote:Of the weakest I thought were Shizune's and Emi's. They didn't really have any true symbolism in them.
Wait, what?

Shizune's cinematic positively SCREAMS "love triangle"
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
Yuno wrote:Of the weakest I thought were Shizune's and Emi's. They didn't really have any true symbolism in them.
Wait, what?

Shizune's cinematic positively SCREAMS "love triangle"
Well, I'll have to admit it was pretty much what my mind was telling me after I saw that... Until the part where it suddenly didn't appear to be the love triangle you expect it to be... sort of

I just finished Shizune's route (Just barely 10 mins. ago!) and for one thing, I didn't even think it was a love triangle. More like an emotional struggle for both Shizune and Misha. Frankly, I was kinda disappointed by the ending, but that's on another thread...
Yorec

Post by Yorec »

While I would say that yes Emi's cinematic doesn't have the symbolism that makes sense after you play her route, I'm inclined to believe that it does. Just hear me out on this one. If you have played Emi's path you'll know that one of the reasons she runs is so that she can metaphorically "run away" from the emotional trauma that the car accident and the death of her father gave her.

Knowing that bit of info, the opening scene of her preparing to run makes a little more sense. The other scene, the one of Hisao helping Emi pick an apple from a tree is also symbolic, but not in the way you think. Them picking the apple isn't symbolism of anything, but the fact that there are no scene's of underlying emotional trauma are. You find out in Emi's path that she doesn't let anyone get close to her emotionally in fear of losing them, and that her last boyfriend left her because she kept pushing him away. Emi, not wanting to lose Hisao but not wanting to share her emotional trauma, elected to make the relationship more physical in the hopes that that would keep Hisao happy enough to not care about her emotionally. Emi also puts on a near constant air of cheerfulness in an attempt to hide that fact that losing her legs(and her father) really messed her up. Going from that information, the scene of her picking the apple with Hisao makes more sense if you realize that Emi is putting on a happy face to make Hisao happy so he doesn't try to find out what has been troubling her on an emotional level.

Granted, I'm probably entirely wrong about this, but this is just my thought on it. Personally I would say that Hanako's cinematic was way cooler, but I gotta stick with ma girl Emi for the above reasons.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Yorec wrote:The other scene, the one of Hisao helping Emi pick an apple from a tree is also symbolic, but not in the way you think. Them picking the apple isn't symbolism of anything, but the fact that there are no scene's of underlying emotional trauma are.
<sarcasm>
Yeah, how could a sexually precocious female getting an apple for a virgin male symbolize anything?
</sarcasm>
Yorec

Post by Yorec »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
Yorec wrote:The other scene, the one of Hisao helping Emi pick an apple from a tree is also symbolic, but not in the way you think. Them picking the apple isn't symbolism of anything, but the fact that there are no scene's of underlying emotional trauma are.
<sarcasm>
Yeah, how could a sexually precocious female getting an apple for a virgin male symbolize anything?
</sarcasm>

:oops: Now I feel like a big ol' dummy.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

We are all Hisao at some point.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
<sarcasm>
</sarcasm>

Right on the money there.... But maybe... It some sort of symbolize... something?
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Hana/Shizu duo were the best~
I found they had the best contrast of Happy/sad.

Rin's was beautiful for sure, but i found it lacking?
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Arcassa

Post by Arcassa »

Shizune
That animated WAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

Best in what way? Quality? How much it foreshadows the plot? How well it symbolizes the character?
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
ihatepeace22

Post by ihatepeace22 »

shadowbb wrote:Best in what way? Quality? How much it foreshadows the plot? How well it symbolizes the character?
Probably the one you enjoyed the most.
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

Hmm it's hard to say. I really like all of them except for Emi's, which seems to be missing something to show that she refuses help from others. That or I missed it.
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

while Hanako's is by far my fav, its safe to say there all really good in how they convey so much emotion, foreshadowing, and false leads.

Its really great looking at them and then finishing a girls rout and watching them again. Shizune's really does come to mind the most with Misha's last longing look at the end...amazingly done.
Harco

Post by Harco »

Arcassa wrote:Shizune
This.

Though the (implication of a) kiss in the library in Hanako's cinematic was pretty awesome too.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Harco wrote:
Arcassa wrote:Shizune
This.

Though the (implication of a) kiss in the library in Hanako's cinematic was pretty awesome too.
Yeah... And I thought I'd see a Hanako Epliogue with the Library Kiss... Still, Hanako FTW....