Best Cinematics

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sirdakz03

Best Cinematics

Post by sirdakz03 »

Of the 5 girls, who do you think has the best cinemtic? I mean, yeah, there's just one for each but I want your opinion.

My bet is on Hanako... So lovely, the fact that Hanako can be so adorable, her cinematic was right on her character... and the route! :mrgreen:

EDIT: It would be a nice idea if all could rank their respective cinematic and do some little explaining... ^_^
Last edited by sirdakz03 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teclo

Re: Best Cinematics

Post by Teclo »

I've only seen Rin's so far, but I think it'll be hard to beat that part when she's painting and then all those snakes or whatever they are just flare up around her like a weird acid trip. It just clicked with me, it worked on so many different levels in relation to her character.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Only seen Emi's and Hanako's so far, but Hanako's was just perfect (and really sweet).
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Been able to end on Emi, Lily and Hanako for the meantime. I'm currently engaging Act 2. of Shizune and I was able to pass Rin's Act 2. So I've actually seen all of them now that I've come to Act 2. of both Shizune and Rin. You should try getting the others.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

INFERTakuya wrote:Only seen Emi's and Hanako's so far, but Hanako's was just perfect (and really sweet).
So true... Hanako FTW! :mrgreen:
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

I have to say that Lilly's Cinematic is my favourite, however coming close second would be emi's cinematic for it's light heartedness but also foreshadowing of events in her path.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Lily's cinematic is also nice, I put her on second place behind Hanako, though.
Nightydreams wrote:I have to say that Lilly's Cinematic is my favourite, however coming close second would be emi's cinematic for it's light heartedness but also foreshadowing of events in her path.
The one with Emi kinda has something lacking on it. Somehow, I've seen visual clues on the route by checking the cinematic. In Emi's case, it's true that it's foreshadowing the events in her path.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

Hanako's is by far the most frightening, if that counts for anything.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

All of the cinematics were excellently done and if you watch them after completing the girl's path, they get even more meaningful.

However, due to personal tastes, I'd say I liked Hanako's the best. Lilly is probably the second one based solely on the fact that Lilly's my favorite girl of the five (six?).
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

Hanako's one is really powerful for sure.. Truly loved it, but in the end it's quite average situation and doesn't really reflect much to the actual story.

However.. After watching Lilly's cinematic after playing the path once, holy SHIT did I get emotional?! It's one of those pieces that I really suggest watching again after playing through the whole story, and I can guarantee some shivers.
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Lilly's and Hanako's stand out imo... especially when I watched Lilly's cinematic again during the 2nd playthrough, it almost summarized the plot of her route... the others were great as well
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate

Post by Guest »

I think I'm the only one who liked Shizune's the best. I really love how it displays the friendship between the three characters, yet there's a beautiful moment on the roof where Shizune and Hisao are developing their friendship further with a notepad (significant given her Act 1 ending) while Misha looks on sadly (which ends up being a massive plot point later on - but you can't guess from that clip that it's Shizune her heart aches for, not Hisao, so it keeps the suspense interesting).

Also, the sign that Hisao's trying to do - is it a real one in JSL, or was it something just randomly made up (and wrong given how Misha just bursts out laughing at him)?

My second favourite's was Lilly's, then Hanako's, then Rin's, and lastly Emi's.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

the best design i would say goes to Hanako's billards scene and good ending scene
the one that hit me the most emotional goes to Lilly's hospital hugging scene and the after credits scene.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Guest wrote:I think I'm the only one who liked Shizune's the best. I really love how it displays the friendship between the three characters, yet there's a beautiful moment on the roof where Shizune and Hisao are developing their friendship further with a notepad (significant given her Act 1 ending) while Misha looks on sadly (which ends up being a massive plot point later on - but you can't guess from that clip that it's Shizune her heart aches for, not Hisao, so it keeps the suspense interesting).

Also, the sign that Hisao's trying to do - is it a real one in JSL, or was it something just randomly made up (and wrong given how Misha just bursts out laughing at him)?

My second favourite's was Lilly's, then Hanako's, then Rin's, and lastly Emi's.
I'm actually doing Shizune's route now and I'm gonna reserve my judgement till I finish the whole route, including the bad endings.
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

I found Lilly, and Rin's, were the best. You wouldn't really understand it until you played the actual full storyline, but the subtle things like Akira walking away from Lilly and Hisao, and then Akira's figure being turned into Lilly really denotes the separation that will come of them. Also, Lilly and Hisao noticing the airplane in the background.
While each scene is evokes what's going to happen in the story, this one was the most powerful I think.
Also very powerful was when Rin's self portrait stared back at her, as if to say "Are you sure this is me?"
It was also really clever, how Hisao woke up Rin from her sleep, like he helped wake her up and discover who she really wanted to be.

Of the weakest I thought were Shizune's and Emi's. They didn't really have any true symbolism in them.
Overall, though, I was surprised at the quality. Seems to me like Mike Inel really went for it.