Feelings toward Kenji.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

uwa

Re: Feelings toward Kenji.

Post by uwa »

I was kind of hoping there would be a secret Kenji path that would open up at 100%, which would consist of all the Kenji and Yuuko in the library scenes from all paths strung together with a little bit of story and end with one new scene getting Kenji and Yuuko back together.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Torkon

Post by Torkon »

I liked him a lot more after having him be responsible for my death, strangely.

Post by Guest »

Nightydreams wrote:
~~ wrote:Uhhh, excuse me, but how in the world does hating feminists instead of all women suddenly make it all better?
(...)hating feminists is comparable to the republicans disliking the democrats.(...)
Considering just WHAT feminism stands for, I don't think hating feminists vs hating women is that much different...
Torkon

Post by Torkon »

Guest wrote:
Nightydreams wrote:
~~ wrote:Uhhh, excuse me, but how in the world does hating feminists instead of all women suddenly make it all better?
(...)hating feminists is comparable to the republicans disliking the democrats.(...)
Considering just WHAT feminism stands for, I don't think hating feminists vs hating women is that much different...
Remember to differentiate between people and ideas. I've met quite a few people who claim they hate Christians, but not Christianity. People tend to throw their own spice into their melting pot of beliefs and no one likes it when people get fanatical.
Geroaergaroe

Post by Geroaergaroe »

Guest wrote:
Nightydreams wrote:
Depent.
Let's take an example, in France, Feminist obtained a few month ago the "right" to remove "Mademoiselle" (= Miss in english) in administration paper, pretending that it was unfair (On administration paper, Male are all called "Monsieur" (= Mister), without distinction if they are married or not; because modern french doesn't really have a male equivalent).

Most women I know find that quite dumb, since Mademoiselle in the common usage is somehow a mark of respect.

Even feminist can be overzealous after all.
UnknownFan

Post by UnknownFan »

Yeah, my feelings towards him changed quite a bit during Shizune's route. And when he took his glasses off, man, I was not expecting that.

I am pleased by the direction his character went, since I went from Rin, Emi, Hanako, Shizune, to Lilly, so to me, it looked like his character was evolving as I went on. Feels good, man.
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

Nightydreams wrote:
Because hating feminists is not descrimination,

Because hating feminists humanizes a character who used to be thought of as a a person who hated ALL WOMEN

feminists are all women, but not all women are feminists, this point may make this argument moot but it is also the basis of the argument.

Hating all women is much harder to understand and garner sympathy for, while hating ONLY feminists is far mroe understandable from a character development point of view.

In laymens terms hating a race is much harder to justify than hating a group.

Hating all women is comparable to the kkk hating all blacks,

hating feminists is comparable to the republicans disliking the democrats.
The only problem here is that.. Kenji treats all the women like they are feminists, and that creates an issue. :P

But from judging of how badly he's quite self centered and spends almost all of his time alone, I wouldn't take his rambling or world views all that seriously. He just usually doesn't know better, and I'm guessing there has been some traumatic experiences in his past to cause him to become what he is now. Won't say that I like the guy, since I dislike what he does most of the time (like sneaking around stealing stuff and touching other people's private stuff), but I don't hate him neither.. Most of the time I just completely ignore him and move on the story without paying much attention to him, but if I was Hisao myself.. I'd tell him to stay the fuck out of my property.
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.

Post by Guest »

I laughed a lot with Kenji.
Since the first time I was like, just gonna go at random, I got Kenji's ending first.
I started to hate him after that.
But then, I took Shizune's route, and started to like him, since he tells about the girlfrined he had, and when he takes off the glasses...Hell.Insta favorite.
GregMonkey

Post by GregMonkey »

I would of liked to known the identity of the girl who took Kenji's virginity. Any suspects come to mind? I suspect 2 of the minor characters ( Yuuko and Mikki ) might be, and maybe possibly Misha, but doubt it, although it might of fueled Kenji's hated of feminists since he's the kind of guy that thinks all feminists are lesbians. Any ideas?
Last edited by GregMonkey on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

GregMonkey wrote:I would of liked to known the identity of the girl who took Kenji's virginity. Any suspects come to mind?
Iwanako.
Honeymuffin

Post by Honeymuffin »

Kenji is amazing, but I still think "Harry Potter" every time I see him. D:

Of course, I see Shizune as bitchy, deaf sailor Mercury with glasses, so maybe I'm just weird.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

I also like how his crazy expresses itself in other ways- I didn't notice until Hisao pointed it out that Kenji was wearing his full scarf and jacket getup in the middle of summer.
GregMonkey

Post by GregMonkey »

kosherbacon wrote:
GregMonkey wrote:I would of liked to known the identity of the girl who took Kenji's virginity. Any suspects come to mind?
Iwanako.
LOL
heavyweather

Post by heavyweather »

IMHO, Kenji is sorta like Homsar from the Homestar Runner cartoons. He's great in small doses, but I don't think he could sustain his own story line without driving everybody (alright, maybe just me) up the wall.
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

He is comic relief PERFECTED.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi