1st path choosen??

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hoof

Re: 1st path choosen??

Post by Hoof »

I decided to go from least favorite and save my favorite for last, so I chose Emi's path first.

I ended up liking and relating to Emi a lot more than I expected, and I'm pretty glad I was wrong!
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Interestingly, I had intended to go for Shizune, since I had remembered liking her the most when I played the demo, but as I started to play, I realized I actually didn't want to do her route first. For some reason I just wasn't into any of the scenes she was in; she seemed more annoying than I remembered, maybe? I decided I might as well just go with the polar opposite of that, so I ended up starting with Lilly's route instead and enjoyed the hell out of it. I did Shizune's route second and liked it anyway.
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

Wanted to do Hanako's route first but I accidentally got into Emi's route, so I decided that I'd do hers first.
MemoriesofYou

Post by MemoriesofYou »

I'm an Emi lover so I did hers first, I had some issues with the difference between her cg self and sprite self (since the others were fairly similar to each other but Emi's CGs and sprites were really different) but the story was amazing and she is a really unique character that I couldn't help but love even more by the end of it. Even though there were times that I agreed with Hisao and wanted to pop her a good one, I usually quickly got over it and returned to either laughing my head off at her antics, or sobbing slightly due to the more serious parts.
体は剣で出来ている。
血潮は鉄で心は硝子。
幾たびの戦場を越えて不敗
ただの一度の敗走もなく
ただの一度の勝利もなし。
担い手はここに孤り
剣の丘で鉄を鍛つ。
ならば、わが生涯に意味は不要ず。
この体は、無限の剣で出来ていた。
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Kyou_kun wrote:Wanted to do Hanako's route first but I accidentally got into Emi's route, so I decided that I'd do hers first.
:lol: many of us had this experience. (me too)
Without guide, It is just too easy to stumble into Emi route, even though u are doing the 'right' thing and trying to get to Hanako route.

Hope u dont get the 'unable-to-play-the-game' effect after Emi route.

For me, i'm fine after complete Emi route.
But now just unable to play after Hanako route. :?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

Snelx wrote:
Kyou_kun wrote:Wanted to do Hanako's route first but I accidentally got into Emi's route, so I decided that I'd do hers first.
:lol: many of us had this experience. (me too)
Without guide, It is just too easy to stumble into Emi route, even though u are doing the 'right' thing and trying to get to Hanako route.

Hope u dont get the 'unable-to-play-the-game' effect after Emi route.

For me, i'm fine after complete Emi route.
But now just unable to play after Hanako route. :?
Actually, I finished the game but, I really want to go back and do Hanako and Lilly's good end again :3

Hanako's bad end really deterred me from going on D:
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Kyou_kun wrote: Actually, I finished the game but, I really want to go back and do Hanako and Lilly's good end again :3

Hanako's bad end really deterred me from going on D:

:lol:

Hanako bad end really scared me.
I am shock that she screams at Hisao.

Hisao is also abit too insensitive.
everytime he mentioned Friend, want to help, protect
he couldn't see hanako is acting weird at those words.

anyway, i replay the good end.
and tell myself that is all but a bad dream 8)
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

Morishmael

Post by Morishmael »

The first path I did was Emi. I did not 'choose' her path, I just ended up on it. I had only played through the Act 1 demo once and while I don't remember how it turned out, I went into the final release wanting to do Lilly's path. Normally I'm for redheads/brunettes and find blondes... not unattractive, but certainly less so, Lilly had an allure to her I couldn't ignore. I was a bit disappointed when it turned out I was on Emi's path, and a bit aggravated that it's so easy to accidentally end up on her path, given that you can do it without ever making a choice that feels like you're choosing to pursue her. (examples, choosing to stick up for Lilly or take Shizune's side, going to talk to Hanako and being tactful, reading/talking to Hanako instead of staying with Misha and Shizune)

That said, I stuck to the path, not wanting to resort to starting over to get my ideal ending until I had played through a story or 2. I enjoyed her story and certainly found it a bit eerie that she's exactly like every girl I've been in a serious relationship with (dad issues in some form or another, if not shy then at least unwilling to let a guy get close, playful and teasing), despite the fact that I wasn't trying to go for her and was choosing every option I could that put me closer to Lilly.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

I marched my way into Hanako's route because she was my favorite based on the demo, followed by Emi, Shizune, Lilly and Rin (as again, based on how I thought of them in the demo). Even as I finished Rin's route, it was Lilly that just grew on me and made a lasting impression in terms of the portrayed personality, path quality and of course, the prologue.

Sadly, I don't have the guts as of now to play Lilly's bad ending :cry: .
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Member22 wrote:I marched my way into Hanako's route because she was my favorite based on the demo, followed by Emi, Shizune, Lilly and Rin (as again, based on how I thought of them in the demo). Even as I finished Rin's route, it was Lilly that just grew on me and made a lasting impression in terms of the portrayed personality, path quality and of course, the prologue.

Sadly, I don't have the guts as of now to play Lilly's bad ending :cry: .
Actually, you don't have to worry about that: You've actually already seen the bad ending! It's the same as the good ending, it just ends with Hisao in his room after Lilly leaves, and he doesn't come up with the airport dash.
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Couldn't pick a girl to begin with, so I thought I'd go for Hanako since I like quiet, shy girls. Ended up stumbling into Emi's route with Hanako close enough to Hisao to use him to shield herself from other peoples' gazes. Actually, I kinda knew I had gone onto Emi's route when Hisao got a heart attack from running and she runs back worried sick, but decided to just stick with Emi anyway (since Hanako would probably be a pain to "capture" seeing as she's shy).
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
AdmiralYuki

Post by AdmiralYuki »

This was the first VN I have every played and only herd about KS 2 days ago. I chose not to use a path map (well actually neglected the fact that one would exist) for my first play-through. At first I was trying to get Shizune (before I met anyone else). I eventually lost interest in Shizune and tried for Rin, but ended up with Emi lol. Though I think it was a good first path, it was a happy one and I don't think I could have handled Rin's path.

Rin > Emi imo though..
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Seems like almost everyone who didn't use a guide/ walkthrough, ended up with Emi route.

Her route is just too easy to get into. :?

- Rykn

INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

AdmiralYuki wrote:This was the first VN I have every played and only herd about KS 2 days ago. I chose not to use a path map (well actually neglected the fact that one would exist) for my first play-through. At first I was trying to get Shizune (before I met anyone else). I eventually lost interest in Shizune and tried for Rin, but ended up with Emi lol. Though I think it was a good first path, it was a happy one and I don't think I could have handled Rin's path.

Rin > Emi imo though..
As for me, this is my third, though I didn't really play the first two that much; I sucked at VNs when I played the first, and the second was a little...uhh...hardcore.

In any case, inspired by a certain "capturing god" from a certain manga, I'm gonna try for 100% completion without any sort of guide.

Anyway, I get the feeling Emi's route is the easiest to get to...hmm...
Snelx wrote:Seems like almost everyone who didn't use a guide/ walkthrough, ended up with Emi route.

Her route is just too easy to get into. :?
I did know that racing her would definitely place me in her route though. Haha. Must have read too many Shoujo manga.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

INFERTakuya wrote: In any case, inspired by a certain "capturing god" from a certain manga, I'm gonna try for 100% completion without any sort of guide.
Do you mean of The World God Only Knows? :lol:

- Rykn