1st path choosen??

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snelx

Re: 1st path choosen??

Post by Snelx »

Knix wrote:Lol seems like many of those who pursued Hanako ended up with Emi instead...
It is just too easy to ended up into Emi xD
i try to play without any guide, and doing all the 'right' thing for Hanako but i ended with Emi and completed her route.

and starting a new game, i follow a guide to go into hanako path haha!!

check the walkthrough for Act1 at the bottom of this link
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1221&start=30
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'

Post by Guest »

I just played the way that felt the most natural for myself at the time, trying to meld my mindset with what I felt Hisao was feeling at the time. I....I ended up sliding into an oddly comfortable relationship with Rin. I think it was all the more satisfying in that I wasn't trying to get close to her...it just happened.

And then....Rin path.

I died inside, was revived, died again, and finally gave up and returned as a sort of ghost to finish the madness that I had unwittingly begun. Then, it happened...

Rin takes Hisao to the hilltop for the first time, and I'm sitting there agonizing right along with him if I'll ever understand her and she hits me with this wall of garbled, run-on text. And then it clicks, insert lightning bolt imagery, I finally get her, really for the first time understand something of what she thinks, what she feels for Hisao.

Suffice to say, I didn't stop playing until the end, through every gut wrenching, emotion wrecking moment of her tale. And I'm not ashamed to say, I may have cried a few times getting there, laughed many more, and damned if I didn't feel like it was all worth it. Every bizarre, beautiful, disturbing-assisted-masturbation, delirious second was well spent. To whomever wrote Rin's path, to whomever drew her art, to whomever scripted the music and placed it just so...thank you, thank you, thank you for the work and the love you put into this. You've truly made the day of this lurker.

And I've only just started. God knows if my heart can handle the rest of the girls' paths.

Post by Guest »

Snelx wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's not that you like shy girls, you just dislike sluts.

Don't worry, it's natural.

In fact, /a/ is going nuts over it. You should go see. Those devs sure knew what would get to them.

haha i saw. because my first path is Emi, it troubles me about her past with her boyfriend.

not sure did u see my post on the first page of"Was Emi a virgin?"
before i register as a member.

there are too many predictions and assumptions.
so I just chose the answer that i find it is the ideal.

Well, personally I do not like NTR or stuff relates to that.
but in reality, there are stuff which are closely relates to that.

So maybe the writers just write as close to the reality as possible.
And Emi's path does portrays out the reality of how a real relationship could possible be.

and well,
i'm not a fan of complex relationships.
I don't play VN's for 'real' relationships though.

That's the problem myself, and many others have with Emi's route.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Guest wrote: I don't play VN's for 'real' relationships though.

yup. me too.
i understand what u are saying lol.

i did mentioned that i dislike Emi H-scenes and open-sex-talk..
but i do like her personality, such as her cheerful-ness, teasing and smiles.

Not all people prefer the all-pure like Hanako (which I DO)
so maybe some will prefer Emi as she is now.
some are even more extreme, that they prefer NTR (there are games cater to that group)

but what i think KS is trying to do is to portray different girls, with different past and different scars.

so it is quite obvious that one of those would not sit in our cup of tea.
just close an-eye and try other girls' route. ;)

*cross-finger* Hope none of the Kannagi incident turn out for KS and developers =x
Last edited by Snelx on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

When I first played the first act in January of 2010 I tried to get Shizune and ended up with Kenji. If my mind serves me correctly it is because I stood up for Lilly when Shizune was scolding Hisao and Lilly for slacking off during the preparations for the festivale. A few months later I played it again and this time did not stood up for Lilly which I immediately regretted because of how it hurt her. I just finished Shizune half-heartedly and was done with it.
A few weeks or months, I do not recall, ago I played it again, this time with Lilly in mind and was very satisfied with it.
That is why I played the whole game with her in mind.

When the last few scenes came I was trembling. Partly because I was excited bust mostly because I was afraid.
Even though I have a few issues with how Lilly was developed as a character, or rather that we finally found out what she is like (that is also why I wish the waiting period for the game would never end because I am always excited for something but am afraid how it turns out when it's finally there), I really enjoyed the ending and the overall feelings it gave me.

It is very memorable and I will be sure to remember it as long as I can, it definitely changed my view on various things a little bit.

I think 4ls can be proud of themselves.
"[...] it's just a ride."

Post by Guest »

Snelx wrote:
Guest wrote: I don't play VN's for 'real' relationships though.

yup. me too.
i understand what u are saying lol.

i did mentioned that i dislike Emi H-scenes and open-sex-talk..
but i do like her personality, such as her cheerful-ness, teasing and smiles.

Not all people prefer the all-pure like Hanako (which I DO)
so maybe some will prefer Emi as she is now.
some are even more extreme, that they prefer NTR (there are games cater to that group)

but what i think KS is trying to do is to portray different girls, with different past and different scars.

so it is quite obvious that one of those would not sit in our cup of tea.
just close an-eye and try other girls' route. ;)

*cross-finger* Hope none of the Kannagi incident turn out for KS and developers =x
But I always wanted Emi and they ruined her by turning her into the "girl next door".

I don't know if I was feeling sad by how she turned out or just extremely disappointed.
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

My first path, and what I consider my only true path was Lilly.

It all sort of fell into place, when I think back on the choices I made they were real choices that if I had been confronted with and not given ample amounts of time to think on, would have chosen.

somehow that really touched me deep inside and made me connect with Katawa Shoujo and Lilly on a level far deeper than personal.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Guest wrote: But I always wanted Emi and they ruined her by turning her into the "girl next door".

I don't know if I was feeling sad by how she turned out or just extremely disappointed.
erm. I suggest to email the developers/ the writer for Emi and ask? (if possible. idk)

I do understand how u feel.
and it feels awful not knowing the truth and the whole past of Emi.

try asking the developers would help better i guess.
at least, there is a chance they would reply.
and at least, it would be the truth.

Better than rumors and assumption just piling on top and cause any weird imaginable scenario.

hope it helps =)

- Rykn

VLSM

Post by VLSM »

Went with Hanako just because I have fetish for long black haired girls, disfigured or not.

I guess that's also why she was my first choice in Act 1 release.
Stage 1: Katawa Shoujo
Stage 2: Katawa Shoujo: Fan disc ----> All but a dream of distant utopia.

99% completion: 2 more scenes to go T.T

Hanako>Emi>Lily>Rin and Shizune
Mrkew

Post by Mrkew »

>Try to go for Hanako
>End up on manly picnic a few times
>Somehow got together with Emi

Love every minute of the game, though.
TheApothecaryGuy

Post by TheApothecaryGuy »

I seem to fall into the majority that tried to go for Hanako but insted got stuck into the Emi path.
Not saying there is anything wrong with Emi, she just didn't intrigue me the way Hanako did.
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

My first path was Shizune. I do not regret it.
~ J O K 3 R ~

Post by ~ J O K 3 R ~ »

Ah~ I went for my first choice from the demo. Which was Hanako's x3

I must say I loved it and now I just can't do anymore routes because of her.

I'm a sucker for shy girls and especially the competitive ones. I love how she tries so hard in every little thing.

Plus when I first played the game, when Hisao was scanning around the room, that's when I came to choose Hanako. Her scars weren't the one that drew my attention but more of her hiding it.

Pffft- It's like love at first sight :oops:
“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”
- Harry Crews

(Somehow this reminds me of Hanako and yes, I'm a fan~ * W* ~ ♥)
~ J O K 3 R ~

Post by ~ J O K 3 R ~ »

Snelx wrote:
Knix wrote:Lol seems like many of those who pursued Hanako ended up with Emi instead...
LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, when reading this thread, I just started to laugh on how people get Emi so fast. But from what people have experienced, it's because she is an easy target to get in the VN. Whereas most you have to think if you don't have a guide.
“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”
- Harry Crews

(Somehow this reminds me of Hanako and yes, I'm a fan~ * W* ~ ♥)
AshWullfer

Post by AshWullfer »

i cose Hanako bicause....love at first sight..... :D