Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Ask!

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Aura wrote:Their fathers are not brothers as far as I recall. If it's mentioned in a script, likely an error (possibly on my part)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Can you add Miki and Misha separate routs as a choices for story? I think it woudl be great! A litlle addon.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

t0xic wrote:Can you add Miki and Misha separate routs as a choices for story? I think it woudl be great! A litlle addon.
That just begs for a question!

When you added additional female side characters, how often (and with which characters) were you worried that us, the fans are going to rant and rave for a separate route with them?

Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Lunar Archivist

Post by Lunar Archivist »

Guest wrote:You are mistaken. It is not Hisao who radomly guess their father are brothers. It is Hideaki who tell this himself. In "Used-Mention Distinction", Shizune's route, Act 3, Hisao ask Hideaki about Hakamichi and Satou relation. To which Hideak reply:
[color=#0040FF]Hideaki[/color] wrote:"Family issues. Our fathers are brothers, and do not like each other."
So, yeah, not a unsubstantiated assumption. Unless Hideaki is lying for some unknown reason, their fathers are brothers.
I didn't know since I've completely avoided Shizune's route thus far because I think she's a bitch. It's amazing that a girl who can't even talk annoys me so much. :x

That being said, the second half of my original suggestion is still a valid one.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

t0xic wrote:Can you add Miki and Misha separate routs as a choices for story? I think it woudl be great! A litlle addon.
Not happening. Please read the Game FAQ.
Rivan wrote:When you added additional female side characters, how often (and with which characters) were you worried that us, the fans are going to rant and rave for a separate route with them?

Misha was a constant sword of damocles over the entire Shizune path. A22 probably had the hardest job of any writer, with the most difficult disability to deal with in a VN format, and trying to balance Misha's popularity with Shizune's.

Some level of ranting and raving about a route for any reasonably notable female side character was expected.

Dylan wrote:Devs- who is your favorite character besides the one you mainly worked on?

In terms of heroines, Shizune. In terms of side characters, Yuuko, then Misha.

Welath wrote:Pontless trivia q for Suriko.

Can lilly write in kenji/ normal words?

Must be kinda hard to learn the right way to do it if you cant see. specc for kanji...

She can write most normal kanji, but to varying degrees of legibility. When given the option, she'll use hiragana instead.

Also, the brothers thing is a mistake - Jigoro's wife (Mayoi) is Lilly's father's (Hiroyuki) sister.
Guestwin

Post by Guestwin »

With the Shizune path is being discussed here, I remembered two more questions that I haven't seen the answer to yet (although part of the second is probably somewhere in the forums).

1. A few times during the Shizune path it is suggested that Shizune is well aware of Hisao's heart condition even though he never really told here. Then in the Hanako path it is suggested that the student council has information that they cannot share with the rest of the students. Is correct to assume that Shizune as know about Hisao's condition from the start?

2. Since the timing of events is based on the Japanese school system, I can't quite place the periods an time skips that take place. Can you give a rough timing for school events like the start of a school year, summer break and graduation so I can estimate the timing ofthe story a bit better.
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

I have a question for Suriko ;

What was your influence for having Lilly to be a motherly type character?
Heatth

Post by Heatth »

Suriko wrote:Also, the brothers thing is a mistake - Jigoro's wife (Mayoi) is Lilly's father's (Hiroyuki) sister.
This begs the question: Are you planning on releasing a patch fixing such script errors? Aside from that line, I've heard Hisao acts as he have never been on Shanghai in Emi's route, even if he had visited the place already with Shizune and Misha in Act 1.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Suriko wrote:Also, the brothers thing is a mistake - Jigoro's wife (Mayoi) is Lilly's father's (Hiroyuki) sister.
Aha. The line should probably be fixed in any updated versions then
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

McBaggin wrote:I have a question for Suriko ;

I'm still not entirely sure why. Probably because I really liked that character achetype at the time, eg. Alicia Florence in ARIA. The moment I saw Lilly's design though, I attached that in my head to that kind of personality. In the old forums, I posted quite a lot at the very beginning to try and make my idea for her stick.

I guess in the end, it was just that I liked the archetype.
Lunar Archivist

Post by Lunar Archivist »

Guestwin wrote:2. Since the timing of events is based on the Japanese school system, I can't quite place the periods an time skips that take place. Can you give a rough timing for school events like the start of a school year, summer break and graduation so I can estimate the timing ofthe story a bit better.
WARNING: NOT AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE
The Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Manga Timeline wrote:The Japanese school year begins on April 1st of one year, ends on March 31st of the subsequent one, and is divided into progressively shorter trimesters, amounting to a total of 34 to 35 teaching weeks and 17 to 18 weeks of holidays, vactions, and weekends:

- The first term begins in April – usually around April 1st or during the first week of the month – and is followed by an entrance ceremony which takes place during the second week. At the start of each new school year, clubs begin their recruitment drives for new members, not only through conventional means of advertising such as posters but also by holding an information session explaining their myriad pasttimes and goals a couple of days after the aforementioned school entrance ceremony. Club and extracurricular activities usually peak around the end of April but are temporarily suspended around two months later for about a week in order to allow students to prepare for their midterms in late May, during which time no regular classes are held. Less than six weeks after taking these exams and a switch from winter to summer uniforms (koromo-gae) on June 1st, they will be subjected to more tests in the form of finals held in early July, followed a short while later by six weeks of summer vacation, which generally begins between July 17th and 21st and lasts until August 31st and over the course of which students are given homework and assignments.

- The second term begins in early September, on or around September 1st, followed by a switch from summer uniforms back to winter ones (koromo-gae) on October 1st. In mid-October, students celebrate Taiiku no Hi or Sports Day, a national holiday designed to promote physical and mental health through exercise which originally took place annually on October 10th until 1999 but was shifted to the second Monday in October starting in the year 2000. Additional sporting events, such as school marathons, may also take place anywhere between the beginning and the end of the trimester. In the wake of midterms in late October, bunkasai or school-sponsored cultural festivals are usually held on a Saturday or Sunday between the end of October and November, followed by finals staring in either late November or early December, and two weeks of winter vacation beginning on or around December 25th and ending after the first week in January.

- The third term beings around the second week of January. Though the brevity of the final trimester means that students will be spared from midterms, those in Grade 9 will find themselves participating in a series of highly competitive senior high school entrance examinations held annually during the months of January and February. In spite of the cold, the scheduling of sporting events similar to those held during the second term, is not unusual. Finals in early to mid-March are quickly followed by graduation ceremonies in mid- to late March and a scant two weeks of spring vacation until the end of March or first week of April before the subsequent school year begins.

While the traditional Japanese school week was originally between 5½ and 6 days long, stretching from Monday to Saturday, its length was whittled down three times over the course of 10 years. In September 1992, a five-day school week was first introduced, with no classes held on the second Saturday of each month, a policy which was subsequently expanded to the fourth Saturday of each month as well beginning in April 1995. As of April 1, 2002, in all publicly-funded elementary schools, at least, a five-day-long school week has become the norm.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Heatth wrote:I've heard Hisao acts as he have never been on Shanghai in Emi's route, even if he had visited the place already with Shizune and Misha in Act 1.
Not true:
Hisao wrote:Come to think of it, I've been here before.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Heatth

Post by Heatth »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Not true:
Hisao wrote:Come to think of it, I've been here before.
I see. Sorry for that. Have yet to play that route. I would even edit my previous post, to avoid further spreading the misinformation, but I am on a guest account.
vAnon

Post by vAnon »

Does the 4LS team have an interest in the vidya gaems?
I mean, what are your favorite genres, and if 4LS had unlimited resources, what would be the dream project at this point?
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

Suriko wrote:
McBaggin wrote:I have a question for Suriko ;

I'm still not entirely sure why. Probably because I really liked that character achetype at the time, eg. Alicia Florence in ARIA. The moment I saw Lilly's design though, I attached that in my head to that kind of personality. In the old forums, I posted quite a lot at the very beginning to try and make my idea for her stick.

I guess in the end, it was just that I liked the archetype.
Oh neat , thanks for the forums link ! Thanks again for the great Lilly route :)