Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Guest

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:21 am

feel

thephenom

Re: Ask!

Post by thephenom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:27 am

Can you unban me?

Promise I'll be good...

User avatar
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 am
Location: Australia

Re: Ask!

Post by Suriko » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:39 am

thephenom wrote:Can you unban me?

Promise I'll be good...
No, but I can IP ban you for ban evasion.

Kelguroth

Re: Ask!

Post by Kelguroth » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:40 am

I realize not all methods are trackable, such as people rehosting, but do you know how many downloads the game has had roughly by now?

JustAGuy
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: The Frozen Wasteland of Canada

Re: Ask!

Post by JustAGuy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:04 am

Were the story arcs written from experience?

thephenom

Re: Ask!

Post by thephenom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:17 am

Suriko wrote:
thephenom wrote:Can you unban me?

Promise I'll be good...
No, but I can IP ban you for ban evasion.
That's pretty harsh man.

I'm from Australia too, we should be bros and hang out and shit.

Belpherus

Re: Ask!

Post by Belpherus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:37 am

It's there any chance to see a small Fan Disk about character like Kenji, Akira, etc, in the near future (after a well deserved rest, of course)?

I mean, they are very interesting characters and I found myself really fond of them, so I kinda want to see some back story about them and mostly some closure about Kenji's story.

A small Miki Route might be very nice too!

Pata Hikari
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by Pata Hikari » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:50 am

Since I'm assuming that they're all "really" speaking Japanese and its in English because, do you guys have what pronouns the characters use.for themselves, what honorifics they use, etc in your heads, or did you just let the Japanese translation team use what they thought was appropriate.

Jolon
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Jolon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:59 am

Was any yuri content (or background) between Hanako and Lilly ever considered? To what extent?

ChairmanMeow
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by ChairmanMeow » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:03 am

Did you guys ever intend for Iwanako to be more or less relevant to the plot? Just curious.

User avatar
Talifan9
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Talifan9 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:04 am

ChairmanMeow wrote:Did you guys ever intend for Iwanako to be more or less relevant to the plot? Just curious.
This kind of bothered me (and somewhat relieved me) too. I was expecting her to show up near the end and cause a big drama of some sort.
Image

Delcimaer

Re: Ask!

Post by Delcimaer » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:42 am

So, if there is a main story. Who do you think would be the real main heroine?
Like for example in Clannad it's Nagisa that sort. I'm just wondering.

zeroyuki92
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:41 am

Re: Ask!

Post by zeroyuki92 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 am

Thank you very much for the fast answer according to writer experiences. They are really helping and giving more insight to "How KS was done" :)

If possible, I had a few more of questions about development process, though. Feel free to answer if you guys had some free time :

1. Seconding to a question above, how actually you guys coordinate the artists so the final results are, at least, similar? I had tried three artist in one before, and the end result is much more inconsistent :))

2. According revisions. I heard that that there are around...four total revisions to the script? How precisely it was done?I mean, did the editor revise it per act, or it was in editing section after the entire script had already done? How long the actual editing and revision process take compared to the initial writing?

User avatar
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 am
Location: Australia

Re: Ask!

Post by Suriko » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:18 am

Belpherus wrote:It's there any chance to see a small Fan Disk about character like Kenji, Akira, etc, in the near future (after a well deserved rest, of course)?

I mean, they are very interesting characters and I found myself really fond of them, so I kinda want to see some back story about them and mostly some closure about Kenji's story.

A small Miki Route might be very nice too!
We won't be making any form of Katawa Shoujo fandisc. Please refer to the Game FAQ on this.
Pata Hikari wrote:Since I'm assuming that they're all "really" speaking Japanese and its in English because, do you guys have what pronouns the characters use.for themselves, what honorifics they use, etc in your heads, or did you just let the Japanese translation team use what they thought was appropriate.
We have internal idea of which characters use which honorifics in which situations. When the Japanese translation team was translating Act 1, we worked extensively with them on which honorifics characters used.
Jolon wrote:Was any yuri content (or background) between Hanako and Lilly ever considered? To what extent?
In some of the early plans, a 'yuri path' between Lilly and Hanako was present. It was cut very long ago though, and didn't make it into any actually written scenes. Aside from a certain daydream from Hisao which was removed from the game years ago.
ChairmanMeow wrote:Did you guys ever intend for Iwanako to be more or less relevant to the plot? Just curious.
We never intended for her to come back into the game in any way after the opening scenes. The letter from Iwanako was suggested by Aura a couple of years ago, and all the writers liked the idea, so we all implemented it and used it in various ways across the different paths.
Delcimaer wrote:So, if there is a main story. Who do you think would be the real main heroine?
Like for example in Clannad it's Nagisa that sort. I'm just wondering.
There is no heroine that is any more canon than the others.

Melancholy

Re: Ask!

Post by Melancholy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:42 am

Not sure if this was asked or not but what happened to Lelouche? How come he was removed?

And was there some sort of guideline that each writer had to follow? Was there something that each writer had to include in their story at some point?

Also I would like to leave a word of thanks. I haven been so excited for this game ever since it was in the beginning stages. I been slowly enjoying it and savoring the entire thing so that I am not to simply rush through it all and blow off all the hard work you guys did. So thank you so much for sticking to this whole thing and seeing it to then when you guys could have easily just abandoned the whole thing. Almost nothing ever comes off the ground when a community sparks an idea. Which makes me glad you guys got KS to where it is now and has formed a special community. Something that feels like we all been in it together.

Post Reply