Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
sporkaganza
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by sporkaganza » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:12 am

What gave you the idea for Iwanako's letter and having it appear in all five routes?
100% completion!
Whatever you do, be safe!

Scooble

Re: Ask!

Post by Scooble » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:55 am

:?: I know the translator's thread is closed, but do any of you guys (devs) need a Japanese translator? I have quite a bit of free time, and I don't mind doing extra work. Afterall, it would be a good way to practice my Japanese, plus I'd get to bring this game one step closer to the world. My college degree major was in Japanese (along with studying abroad in Japan), so I have some degree of competence.

If you need a translator, just hit me up with an email: svgarceau@gmail.com

the_phenom
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Ask!

Post by the_phenom » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 am

Why hasn't anyone answered my questions from the previous thread?

Guest Poster

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest Poster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 am

First off, a truly epic hats off to all who made this project possible. I'm very sure this one's going to remain one of my favourite VNs of all time. There were some very nice surprises in there like the reworked soundtrack (I loved the new versions of Standing Tall, Parity and my favourite Painful History) and the animated Act 2 intros.

A few questions:

- Why don't Lilly and Shizune have the same surname, seeing that they are cousins? They wouldn't share a surname if Shizune's dad married a sister of Lilly's dad, but the game says Shizune's dad and Lilly's dad are brothers.

- What's up with Misha's T-shirt? Is she into US politics? Is she a log-cabin Republican? Did she just pick it up somewhere and kept it because it sounded cool? (like the way japanese sometimes toss random english words into their pop songs) And yes, I know she wore the shirt in the Act 1 demo's credits, but I'm still curious.

Guest Poster

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest Poster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:25 am

BTW, thanks for making the H-scenes tasteful without stock dialog and not imitate the typical japanese VN H-scenes that often come across as drawn-out porn commercials in the middle of a romance movie.

What made Misha cut and dye her hair? Prior to Act 1, she had really long straight brown hair. Any reason she moved to pink drills?

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 am

Guest Poster wrote:First off, a truly epic hats off to all who made this project possible. I'm very sure this one's going to remain one of my favourite VNs of all time. There were some very nice surprises in there like the reworked soundtrack (I loved the new versions of Standing Tall, Parity and my favourite Painful History) and the animated Act 2 intros.

A few questions:

- Why don't Lilly and Shizune have the same surname, seeing that they are cousins? They wouldn't share a surname if Shizune's dad married a sister of Lilly's dad, but the game says Shizune's dad and Lilly's dad are brothers.

- What's up with Misha's T-shirt? Is she into US politics? Is she a log-cabin Republican? Did she just pick it up somewhere and kept it because it sounded cool? (like the way japanese sometimes toss random english words into their pop songs) And yes, I know she wore the shirt in the Act 1 demo's credits, but I'm still curious.
Their fathers are not brothers as far as I recall. If it's mentioned in a script, likely an error (possibly on my part)
Misha doesn't care about the text, she just likes the shirt
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:30 am

Guest Poster wrote:BTW, thanks for making the H-scenes tasteful without stock dialog and not imitate the typical japanese VN H-scenes that often come across as drawn-out porn commercials in the middle of a romance movie.

What made Misha cut and dye her hair? Prior to Act 1, she had really long straight brown hair. Any reason she moved to pink drills?
Why does anyone ever change their hairstyle?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:35 am

Scooble wrote::?: I know the translator's thread is closed, but do any of you guys (devs) need a Japanese translator? I have quite a bit of free time, and I don't mind doing extra work. Afterall, it would be a good way to practice my Japanese, plus I'd get to bring this game one step closer to the world. My college degree major was in Japanese (along with studying abroad in Japan), so I have some degree of competence.

If you need a translator, just hit me up with an email: svgarceau@gmail.com
You can contact the japanese translation group if you want to join them
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 am

sporkaganza wrote:What gave you the idea for Iwanako's letter and having it appear in all five routes?
Closure.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 am

dudester567 wrote:I don't think this has been asked, but how did you guys come up with Arrhythmia for Hisao?
We had a bunch of suggestions and picked the one that felt best for us.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

User avatar
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat
Posts: 1992
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Re: Ask!

Post by cpl_crud » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 am

Scooble wrote::?: I know the translator's thread is closed, but do any of you guys (devs) need a Japanese translator? I have quite a bit of free time, and I don't mind doing extra work. Afterall, it would be a good way to practice my Japanese, plus I'd get to bring this game one step closer to the world. My college degree major was in Japanese (along with studying abroad in Japan), so I have some degree of competence.

If you need a translator, just hit me up with an email: svgarceau@gmail.com

Hir is in charge of the Japanese team. He's a cool dude.

As much as I can sympathise with you wanting to practice, it is usually better to be native in the destination language rather than the source language.

But if you are confident then contact Hir. If you just want practice then look up a language exchange in your area. They're fun.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money

User avatar
sporkaganza
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by sporkaganza » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 am

Aura: Are you making it some kind of test for yourself to give the shortest answer possible to every question? :P
100% completion!
Whatever you do, be safe!

Zeno

Re: Ask!

Post by Zeno » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 am

sporkaganza wrote:Aura: Are you making it some kind of test for yourself to give the shortest answer possible to every question? :P
Let the man act cool, he deserves it.

Question: Has anyone in dev team played Yume Miru Kusuri? I didn't see it on the influence chart, but it treats routes and heroines in a similar manner to KS. In YMK the three heroines are also "diabled", albeit their disabilities are psychological. One of the routes bears a fairly strong resemblance with Hanako's route, for example. (white knight syndrome, offering her body as a form of gratitude/payment/bonding and subsequent guilt-tripping).

KS devs have my admiration for embarking on a project with 5+ routes without much previous experience, multiple endings and ero.

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:05 am

sporkaganza wrote:Aura: Are you making it some kind of test for yourself to give the shortest answer possible to every question? :P
Brevity is the soul of wit. I only answer at length to questions that are interesting to answer. I have no interest in getting a fulltime job keeping up with this thread.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:06 am

Zeno wrote:
sporkaganza wrote:Aura: Are you making it some kind of test for yourself to give the shortest answer possible to every question? :P
Let the man act cool, he deserves it.

Question: Has anyone in dev team played Yume Miru Kusuri? I didn't see it on the influence chart, but it treats routes and heroines in a similar manner to KS. In YMK the three heroines are also "diabled", albeit their disabilities are psychological. One of the routes bears a fairly strong resemblance with Hanako's route, for example. (white knight syndrome, offering her body as a form of gratitude/payment/bonding and subsequent guilt-tripping).

KS devs have my admiration for embarking on a project with 5+ routes without much previous experience, multiple endings and ero.
Some of us have played it.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

Post Reply