Page 248 of 331

Re: Ask!

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:16 pm
by Aura
They are various paintings of Rin's, made for KS the same way all of Rin's art was.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:54 am
by ArcCain
Why did you decide that Hisao would die in the Act 1 bad endings? And why the way he did?

In the extremely remote chance that Katawa Seiyū is ever finished, would you borrow their audio files and update KS with a option to turn on voice acting?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:26 pm
by TheHivemind
ArcCain wrote:Why did you decide that Hisao would die in the Act 1 bad endings? And why the way he did?

In the extremely remote chance that Katawa Seiyū is ever finished, would you borrow their audio files and update KS with a option to turn on voice acting?
Killing the main character is a time-honored tradition in VNs, so it seemed appropriate.

Probably not, it would take a considerable amount of time and effort that, I'm sure, we don't quite have to spare.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:55 pm
by ParagonTerminus
Why did you make Kenji so insane and downright annoying? I don't see how anyone can survive without skip mode.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:32 pm
by Aura
He's our (A22's) take on the idiot best friend trope. We made him annoying just to piss specifically you off.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:19 pm
by ArcCain
ParagonTerminus wrote:Why did you make Kenji so insane and downright annoying? I don't see how anyone can survive without skip mode.
Everyone else loves him. Except for Hisao...

Re: Ask!

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm
by ParagonTerminus
ArcCain wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:Why did you make Kenji so insane and downright annoying? I don't see how anyone can survive without skip mode.
Everyone else loves him. Except for Hisao...
Everyone else?

...

Wait, let me formulate a feminism rant.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:16 pm
by Atario
What's something you wanted, but were vetoed by the other devs on?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:59 am
by Aura
We didn't work that way. No one had a real veto power over anything or anyone. You always had to argue for your opinion, not just say flat out "no" to someone else's idea. "This is a really bad idea, don't do it" still left it up for debate. Sometimes the effect was the same, one person's condemnation killing an idea, but other times even vehement objections from multiple people didn't result in a bad idea being scrapped. You could say that's a reverse veto I guess. Such is the way of 4LS's development model.

Off the top of my head, I only remember one time where something like a veto happened with me involved. A Misha route was suggested (pretty seriously), and I said "not gonna happen", but that was just me vocalising a foregone conclusion, because it was not gonna happen.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:46 am
by Silentcook
Cue countless NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs ripped from the throats of as many Misha fans. :mrgreen:

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:53 am
by Atario
Aura wrote:Off the top of my head, I only remember one time where something like a veto happened with me involved. A Misha route was suggested (pretty seriously), and I said "not gonna happen", but that was just me vocalising a foregone conclusion, because it was not gonna happen.
I guess that's what I had more in mind — someone wanting something and everyone else dismissing it, and it doesn't happen.

But you do realize you can name the dev who wanted the Misha route (or the dev him-/herself can do it) and that person will be worshiped forever, right?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:09 am
by Munchenhausen
Atario wrote:But you do realize you can name the dev who wanted the Misha route (or the dev him-/herself can do it) and that person will be worshiped forever, right?
And why would he do that? :lol:

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:16 pm
by MaxwellAbstruse c:
Herro there.
As I am aware of the Copyright Licenses under KS I wanted to ask, would it be okay for there to be a transcription of the VN to a novel format? Assuming specific routes were chosen for focus, as long as the credit went to 4LS studios as well as the licenseing type, would this be allowed? There wouldn't be any art from the game , it being a novel, but the story would be literally transcribed to a readable format. Please let me know on the verdict whenever you get the chance and thank you! c:

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:29 pm
by SpunkySix
Silentcook wrote:Cue countless NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs ripped from the throats of as many Misha fans. :mrgreen:
I'll admit, I'm a little salty.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:38 pm
by ArcCain
Silentcook wrote:Cue countless NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs ripped from the throats of as many Misha fans. :mrgreen:
Well it always felt as if Misha was supposed to have a route but it was scraped at some point. Would have wanted to see one but sometimes some things don't make it in.