zeroyuki92 wrote:First of all, thank you very much for the inspirational and heartwarming work that you guys made...You guys must know that 4LS had made a Visual Novel that made a big impact in OELVN community, and become the inspiration for aspiring developers to create more visual novels. Once again, thank you very much.
For the questions,
I guess the following are intended for writers :
1. In your working days (don't count days with no writing done at all), how many average words (rough estimation, ofc) per day that you guys did for KS? (ex. 1000 words per day,etc)
2. Did you write some other fiction writings before writing scenario for KS? If you did, what are they? (and if you shared it in internet, can you share them here?)
3. Personally, usually what did you do when you meet writing-block?
4. Is there any of you (writers) that had other language than English as mother language?
For general development process :
What was 4LS working flow during development process for KS? Specifically, where do you guys work faster: In the beginning, middle or the end of development stage?
1. I liked to keep a pace of one scene a fortnight when doing the first drafts. Later on, if I had everything in order and was on a roll, 1000 words per day was doable. There were instances of doing one scene a day when crunch-writing.
2. I had never written anything before KS in any form.
3. Usually I just gave writing of the main path a break. I'd read/watch different media, or talk with other writers about their progress and/or ideas. All the time, even if I had writer's block, I'd be constantly adding to notes.txt with random things.
4. Only Aura is a non-native English speaker. That said, my native tongue is Australian English, not US English, which did cause quite a few problems (which Silentcook will no doubt be grating his teeth over reading this).