Page 86 of 331

Re: Ask!

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:05 pm
by dorne
This is for Delta:

How long did it take for you to get comfortable with Ren'Py for the purposes of this project?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 pm
by stranger
Silentcook wrote: Shit no. Get this straight: participating in making KS was in many ways HARDER than my day job, though in many other ways it entailed less responsibility - and I work in a neurosurgery OR.
Wow... So, what exactly about it made it harder than brain surgery? I'm really curious now.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:26 pm
by Mercutio
first off, I gotta say thanks for this thread. took forever for me to read all of the devs' answers, but it's all really interesting stuff. thanks for the look into your collective heads. :mrgreen:

and now, I've got a question about Miki, especially after reading this:
Aura wrote:Miki hits Suriko's fetish points (seriously). Also, the points she makes would've been hard to fit for some other characters.
someone (I'm sorry, I forget who) said that there were originally more Miki scenes planned. I'm curious about them. was she meant to kind of be Hanako's foil in her path? or was she always just another cool side character, and y'all decided to cut her scenes down for one reason or another? I'm mostly asking 'cause I found her pretty damn cool, and I'd like to know a little more about her. thanks.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:36 pm
by Caesius
Mercutio wrote:someone (I'm sorry, I forget who) said that there were originally more Miki scenes planned. I'm curious about them.
Like this?:

Image

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:05 am
by Guest
Caesius wrote:
Mercutio wrote:someone (I'm sorry, I forget who) said that there were originally more Miki scenes planned. I'm curious about them.
Like this?:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com ... 1_1280.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZtSRlmPBM

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:12 am
by Dave1
How was the music worked out? Did you guys just ask Nichol for like 10 sad songs and 10 happy songs etc., or was it more like "here is a rough outline of the scene"...compose a song?

If the tracks were written and then applied to a scene...any in particular you feel worked out perfectly?

If the tracks were written on a scene by scene basis...any you remember standing out?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:48 am
by Caesius
Okay, followup questions/commentary since I've been wondering about something but only just now got around to trying to tie a tie one-handed.
Suriko wrote:Miki ties her own tie.
Can you tie a tie one-handed? Because it's freaking hard, and in her scenes it was made pretty clear that she doesn't adapt to her disability as well as the main girls. I'm also pretty sure it'd be damn near impossible for Rin to tie her own tie, so it'd be unreasonable to require her to wear one if Emi isn't available for some reason (like because she's banging Hisao in her room herp derp rage shut up).

Does Yamaku not make dress code exceptions beyond just letting the students mix-and-match the boys' and girls' uniforms, or does Miki wear a tie just because she likes to?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:46 am
by BlackWaltzTheThird
Guest wrote:Why did you censor Kenji's dick? I mean... cmon... It's a hentai game...
Who's to say Kenji actually walks around with a leaf covering his crotch when naked? I'm sure you could find some company that makes such a product.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:41 am
by Zoram
Caesius wrote:Can you tie a tie one-handed? Because it's freaking hard, and in her scenes it was made pretty clear that she doesn't adapt to her disability as well as the main girls.
Did you notice that she keeps her tie quite loose? Unless it's just a way to be "boyish", it may be evidence that she doesn't manage that well. Furthermore, who said that she does it only with the right hand? She may use the stump to at least keep the tie firm while she ties it with the hand.

Since we are at it... Knowing that Miki was originally conceived to appear more, was also a motivation for her bandage thought? Merely cool-looking, the loss of her hand and subsequent arrival at Yamaku is recent, it's not recent but she is unconfortable in showing her stump fully, or else?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:13 am
by GamerJM
I apologize if this has already been answered in the blog or something, but by the time the Act 1 demo released, did you guys have a rough idea where you were going with each character or not?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:31 am
by Nicol Armarfi
Dave1 wrote:How was the music worked out? Did you guys just ask Nichol for like 10 sad songs and 10 happy songs etc., or was it more like "here is a rough outline of the scene"...compose a song?

If the tracks were written and then applied to a scene...any in particular you feel worked out perfectly?

If the tracks were written on a scene by scene basis...any you remember standing out?
There were few tracks where I was actually instructed to do it a certain way. For the character themes I was given short (1-2 sentence) descriptions of their personality, and I just went from there. For the H-scene music I threw around a few rough drafts until I got the OK, and for the opening videos I was told to make them piano solos which integrated the character themes. The rest of it was basically a crap shoot. I wrote most of the soundtrack before the Act 1 release, and I've read very little of the VN. I just wrote a bunch of tracks and hoped they would be useful. Because of that there were a few tracks that just weren't suitable for the VN, so they were left out. It probably wasn't the best way to go about things, but it worked out in the end.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:43 am
by alien.marksman
Thanks for the answer Nicol.
I was curious on the interaction between yourself and Mike Inel over the FMV's.
I guess you cleared that up, until Mike comes in to add his side of the story.

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:04 pm
by manu222
will there be a second katawa shoujo after this ?

i know its new out XD

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 pm
by Hidan
Looking back, I see that Misha has two different hair colors which are her actual hair colors. In Shizune's route when Misha confesses, we see a small shot of her past, and her hair looks obviously blond. However when Akira shows Hisao the photo from one of the previous carnivals, Misha's hairs is most definitely brunette. Which one is her real and accurate hair color?

Re: Ask!

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:25 pm
by xaolindragon
Hidan wrote:Looking back, I see that Misha has two different hair colors which are her actual hair colors. In Shizune's route when Misha confesses, we see a small shot of her past, and her hair looks obviously blond. However when Akira shows Hisao the photo from one of the previous carnivals, Misha's hairs is most definitely brunette. Which one is her real and accurate hair color?
I know questions are supposed to be answered by devs and whatnot, but I can't help but throw my 2 cents in here. To me, they look like the same color. It's just that Misha's sitting in the sunset in Shizune's, throwing the color and color perception a bit off.