Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Woody Alien
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:51 pm
Location: [citation needed]

Re: Ask!

Post by Woody Alien » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 am

Jigoro says more or less that he never bothers sending or answering to e-mails. However I noticed that on his card the address jigoro@hakamichi.co.jp is very prominent.
Is this another subtle signal that he's very self-important and being a huge douchebag not only towards his family, but pretty much everyone?
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/

User avatar
Csihar
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Ask!

Post by Csihar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:50 am

Vyse wrote:In Rin's 3rd act, there is a chapter called "BADAAN!" What is that supposed to mean, or refer to?
For what it's worth, unless I'm mistaken, "BADAAN" is basically the Japanese sound effect equivalent of "WHAM" or "THUMP," which I thought was cute considering it's a Yuuko scene.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.


Kirkner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:46 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Kirkner » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 am

When you ask Rin about Hanako in ACT 1, She reveals that she goes to the washroom quite often... so why does Hanako go to the washroom that often?
Sorry if this was asked before... in some other thread. Just out of curiosity (And if I was a cat, I'd be dead already.).
A Kimikiss x Katawa Shoujo comparison...
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
Best I could come up with strangely enough.

Guest

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:29 pm

1. In most routes, Iwanako's letter seems to come (relatively) soon after the festival; however, in Shizune's, Hisao doesn't get it until after the summer vacation. Is there any particular reason for this?

2. On that note, other than Shizune's, most of the routes seem to be very short time-wise. Was the timeframe part of the scope of what was thought out or is it all just supposed to be sort of ad-hoc and stretchy?

Drake

Re: Ask!

Post by Drake » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:09 pm

Kirkner wrote:When you ask Rin about Hanako in ACT 1, She reveals that she goes to the washroom quite often... so why does Hanako go to the washroom that often?
Sorry if this was asked before... in some other thread. Just out of curiosity (And if I was a cat, I'd be dead already.).
You sure you want to know? Okay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanako-san

Do not click this one unless you never want to look at Hanako the same again.
Aura wrote: Sunday afternoon music is music that can reasonably be listened to only on Sunday afternoons, because it makes you feel guilty at other times.
I still don't quite get it. Is it cause it's relaxing, lazy music or something like that?

Also, I just remembered. In Rin's route she says something along the lines of "I can't think about more then 3 or 4 things anymore".
What exactly did she mean by this? That if she thinks of too many things at once her thoughts become too cluttered? I think that is pretty normal isn't it? Is she implying that at one point she was capable of multi-level thinking or something?

Kirkner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:46 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Kirkner » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:23 pm

Drake wrote:
Kirkner wrote:When you ask Rin about Hanako in ACT 1, She reveals that she goes to the washroom quite often... so why does Hanako go to the washroom that often?
Sorry if this was asked before... in some other thread. Just out of curiosity (And if I was a cat, I'd be dead already.).
You sure you want to know? Okay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanako-san

Do not click this one unless you never want to look at Hanako the same again.
Aura wrote: Sunday afternoon music is music that can reasonably be listened to only on Sunday afternoons, because it makes you feel guilty at other times.
I still don't quite get it. Is it cause it's relaxing, lazy music or something like that?

Also, I just remembered. In Rin's route she says something along the lines of "I can't think about more then 3 or 4 things anymore".
What exactly did she mean by this? That if she thinks of too many things at once her thoughts become too cluttered? I think that is pretty normal isn't it? Is she implying that at one point she was capable of multi-level thinking or something?
About Hanako, you gotta be kidding me... I can not wrap my logical head around this... :?

Artists tend to have quite a cluttered mind when it comes to art making, so perhaps she's hinting that she can't get enough drive to make paintings or enough inspiration.
A Kimikiss x Katawa Shoujo comparison...
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
Best I could come up with strangely enough.

Alcarran

Re: Ask!

Post by Alcarran » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 pm


佐藤くん

Re: Ask!

Post by 佐藤くん » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 am

-> Why Aura kept on answering questions?

Ryto
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by Ryto » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:15 am

I don't care what the answer is. This is amazing and I thank the creators for it.
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune

xaolindragon
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by xaolindragon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 am

Ryto wrote:
I don't care what the answer is. This is amazing and I thank the creators for it.
I know. I love it too. This and Parity Jam are hilariously good. I also remember someone mentioning the song "Afternoon" from the OST sounds a lot like "Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta" by Geto Boys. lulz

User avatar
youka
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: In your pantsu! :D
Contact:

Re: Ask!

Post by youka » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Oh wow, I totally wasn't planning on sleeping tonight. And as a side note, that would NEVER change the image any true hanako fan has of her :mrgreen:
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka

User avatar
jaycee
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm
Location: Italy, Milan

Re: Ask!

Post by jaycee » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:30 pm

2 stupid questions for devs :lol:

1- What was the most weird/interesting question that someone asked you in this topic?

2- Are you tired of answering all of the question that come out?

:lol: just for fun :lol: :P

Guest
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:02 pm

A lot of the interactions with Lilly feature stumbling around simple phrases like "I see", half of which wouldn't actually work in Japanese. Was this a point of some controversy with the editors?

What spurred Miki's use as Hisao's sounding board in the Hanako route over other characters?

Why was poor Lelouch removed from the classroom CG?
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

teshyn

Re: Ask!

Post by teshyn » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 pm

This is a really trivial question... but how exactly does Shizune get the full benefit of lessons in a normal class? Mutou doesn't use sign language and writing everything on the board will just slow down the class, and Misha can't possibly be signing everything to Shizune since she needs to pay attention in class too.

Kirkner
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:46 am

Re: Ask!

Post by Kirkner » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 pm

Still a bit confused on how Emi lost her legs in that accident... like how exactly did she get cut in the car so badly that it was a severe infection? (Quite the freak accident to me and sorry if this offends)
A Kimikiss x Katawa Shoujo comparison...
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
Best I could come up with strangely enough.

Post Reply