Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest 13th

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest 13th »

Is Molly the only cameo in Hanako's last CG, or are some of the other characters in that one rejected characters/characters from other projects?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

cemex wrote:Hey guys, if you all had a chance to push a reset button and start over, how would you change the way the story was told
I would consider the story structure and branching more carefully.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Which scene do you find the most difficult to write?

Also, do you have any particular favorite scene you are most proud of or enjoyed writing?
The latter half of Rin's Act 2 was pretty challenging. I think my favourite scene is the sad ending scene in Act 4.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Sorry, I hope not to be of any annoyrance, but after looking through the previous posts, it happen that there wasnt an answer to these questions here.
Etc etc.
Only nicol can answer that, but I hadn't noticed the similarity before.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:How do you feel about the fact that the game has been put on the pirate bay and some people actually believe they are being badasses and pirating it?
No problems with it, though I guess it's a bit silly if really true.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

McBaggin wrote:What are the Devs reaction to this article ?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01 ... wa-shoujo/
Plenty of people find the narrative style of most VNs (including KS) too drawn-out and wordy and the minimal interaction boring. Nothing wrong with that, but it's also nothing new. Also he seems to get really defensive at the criticism the comments direct at his opinions, not sure why.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest 13th wrote:Is Molly the only cameo in Hanako's last CG, or are some of the other characters in that one rejected characters/characters from other projects?
She's not the only cameo. The boy next to Molly is a character from the same story Molly is from, and the girl in green dress is from a game someone we know was making at the time that was drawn. The girl on the left is not a cameo.

Post by Guest »

Do you still visit /a/?

Is their reaction to the game pretty much as you expected? Is there anything in the game that you're surprised hasn't been picked up on and spoken about more or anything that you're surprised has been given a lot of attention?
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Back with some more questions:

1) Earlier in time you devs mentioned that KS at one point had rape scenes. What ultimately resulted in those scenes getting deleted? Too controversial perhaps?

2) I guess it's safe to assume that rape would've always resulted to a bad end?

3) What really happened to Miki's left hand? Did you have any popular ideas for this? I don't remember the game explaining this.
Nagatoyuuki

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

Nothing really all that substantial, but just a question for the Writers:

How do you write so well at computers ;c;...

My inspirations are really impulsive and can only really write when sitting somewhere..scribble on a pad with half-legible writing.

Just asking..
. . .
kidlat020

Post by kidlat020 »

what made you decide to revamp the OP music (wiosna)? Personally I think the old was better than the current.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Any thoughts from any of the path writers on some of the deconstruction/motives/character analysis/etc of their story?
Guestwin

Post by Guestwin »

1. After I read through Act 1 last year, curiosity led me to tracke down the leaked Grid1. What I find most interesting about that is the dramatic improvement between this and the final release (at least in writing, since I don't think there were reused art assets and original music in there). What I'm interested in is if any of the devs are now considering to make a carreer out of the skills they demonstrated here.

2. I've seen several references to the fact that the engine was customised for KS, but I never found any details. The programmer in me is naturally (well, maybe unnaturally) curious about what customisations were specifically needed for KS. Can you provide some details?
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Guestwin wrote:1. After I read through Act 1 last year, curiosity led me to tracke down the leaked Grid1. What I find most interesting about that is the dramatic improvement between this and the final release (at least in writing, since I don't think there were reused art assets and original music in there). What I'm interested in is if any of the devs are now considering to make a carreer out of the skills they demonstrated here.

2. I've seen several references to the fact that the engine was customised for KS, but I never found any details. The programmer in me is naturally (well, maybe unnaturally) curious about what customisations were specifically needed for KS. Can you provide some details?
I also note that PyTom (renpy creator) is thanked in the credits and was on these forums on launch day.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Do you still visit /a/?

Is their reaction to the game pretty much as you expected? Is there anything in the game that you're surprised hasn't been picked up on and spoken about more or anything that you're surprised has been given a lot of attention?
I've read a few /a/ threads after the release, mainly the stickies and some Rin threads other people linked me. We did not expect the strong emotional response at all, it was very surprising.