Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

McBaggin

Re: Ask!

Post by McBaggin »

Aura wrote:
McBaggin wrote:What would each girl dress up as for Halloween ?
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/list/halloween/1
In your opinion Aura what would you imagine Rin dressing up?
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

Was Emi intentionally written to inspire so many nerds to make crazy morning runs?
OneSpecialDR

Post by OneSpecialDR »

Aura, I personally want to know. If I want to know what project you are doing next, how do I know about them?
xaolindragon

Post by xaolindragon »

I feel slightly ignored....

1) I can kind of understand why 4-Leaf Studio might dissolve after putting 5+ years into this making and I have read Aura's answers as to why/how 4LS was able to stick together and pull there to the very end. But I don't know how this all began. I vaguely know that it all started with a sketch in 2000, but what else was gave the spark for this massive project?

2) A question to who ever wrote Shizune's arc. I just finished Shizune's route. Not one of my favorites, but I still loved nonetheless. My question is how come Hisao couldn't salvage the situation in the bad ending? I feel like someone could have in his shoes, unless I'm reading the entire situation wrong. For comparison, with Emi's route, the reader had a chance to make it up and still end up with the good ending. Again I'm asking the main writer for Shizune: Did you feel that the situation could not be salvageable? That a second chance would not have been possible?

I hope I made my points clear as possible.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

finalizer wrote:
Suriko wrote:the Mechwarrior series
You ever play MWLL? I'd love to thank you by blowing your ass up sometime :mrgreen:
I've played a bit of it in my time. It's a nice mod.
Yume

Post by Yume »

At the moment Katawa Shoujo is ranked 6th for PC games on Gamestop.

How does it feel knowing that your team could very well be the catalyst that would bring the Visual Novel genre to much higher popularity in western nations?

Also, do you guys prefer happy endings or bittersweet endings? I haven't played all the routes yet to know what this game has, but from my experience with other VNs usually the true end is a happy end. I think that while happy ending would be the more popular ending, a bittersweet ending could leave a longer lasting impact.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

xaolindragon wrote:1) I can kind of understand why 4-Leaf Studio might dissolve after putting 5+ years into this making and I have read Aura's answers as to why/how 4LS was able to stick together and pull there to the very end. But I don't know how this all began. I vaguely know that it all started with a sketch in 2000, but what else was gave the spark for this massive project.
See Aura's Blog entry here.
I don't think A22 frequents the forums much, so an answer to your second question could take some time.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Lurch

Post by Lurch »

Suriko wrote: IL2-Sturmovik 1946,
Awesome game. I'd love to vs you in a dogfight sometime, but lost access to online multiplayer with that big patch for the ultrapack that came out 9 months ago ;_;

Though I was quite surprised - somehow I figured the author of Lilly's character would have much the same personality, and didn't really see sim games as being a 'Lilly' trait.

Which leads me to my first question, I suppose.

1. How strong is the affinity between the Devs and their characters? Are there opions and/or beliefs of your character that you disagree strongly with?

As to my second question, it's not really a question, so much as a suggestion.

KS is hugely popular now, and I can really see it inspiring a whole host of VN projects to follow in it's footsteps. The series of questions being asked on how to write VNs on here kind of support that as well.

For a much smaller follow-up project for the Devs, had you guys considered running a series of workshops teaching other groups on the mechanics of how to make a VN?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Nagatoyuuki wrote:Question to any of the writers. Though I understand that your free time was mainly working on the project, as a writer myself must know; During development, or whilst planning out or writing scenes, did you ever get any ideas or inspiration for stories not related to KS?
At first, not so much. Then as the process went on, I started to scribble other ideas down, wrote a few short stories, wrote some crap that's in the fanfiction forum somewhere, and by the last two years I was pretty actively playing around with ideas for the Next Big Thing, whatever that is.
Anon1494

Post by Anon1494 »

When are the direct downloads coming out? I've been waiting since the release post. Please hurry or at least tell me why they're not out so I can know if I need to just give in and get a torrent. plz & ty
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Lurch wrote:How strong is the affinity between the Devs and their characters? Are there opions and/or beliefs of your character that you disagree strongly with?
Surprisingly not terribly strong for me, though I do agree that running is a pretty good way to exercise. I actually run on a regular basis when it's not the winter, because it is a pretty good way to make myself not feel awful about everything.
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

How do the devs feel about Katawa Shoujo being third on GameFAQs' "Top 10 Wanted FAQs" ?
You guys are basically internet celebrities ! :)
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

McBaggin wrote:How do the devs feel about Katawa Shoujo being third on GameFAQs' "Top 10 Wanted FAQs" ?
You guys are basically internet celebrities ! :)
The answer to this, and any other question about being 'internet celebrities,' is that some of us are very deeply weirded out by it, some of us don't care, and some of us probably are pleased about it.

Post by Guest »

How many different sexual partners did Emi have?

Post by Guest »

Does Hanako taste like bacon? I have heard rumors to that effect.