Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Re: Ask!

Post by NoOne3 »

Mirrormn wrote:Moekki, kamifish, Pimmy, and Weee are female. I believe they all worked as artists.
How many marriage proposals they receive daily since KS was released?
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

How old is Shizune?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Guest wrote:How old is Shizune?
Shizune's birthday is May 6th, according to her bio.

Hisao comes to Yamaku sometime in June, so her birthday would have already passed during the year in which the game is set.

According to Wikipedia, 3rd-year high school students in Japan are 17-18 years old.

Thus, Shizune is 18.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

NoOne3 wrote:
Mirrormn wrote:Moekki, kamifish, Pimmy, and Weee are female. I believe they all worked as artists.
How many marriage proposals they receive daily since KS was released?
Just gotta say how funny and cute this is. XD

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I've just managed to find and play through the old Grid1 version recently. I realize that it was a very rough draft, but I had a few questions about some thing that appeared there and not in he later versions.

1. The order you meet the girls in seems to vary depending on what actions you take and there seemed to be an emphasis on where everything is in the school in relation to each other, in addition to a mention of maps. Was the original game intended to be less linear or would it have become more linear again after act 1 was over?

2. There seemed to be a lot of talk about the history of the school itself. Was this meant to play any important part or was it just background information?

3. Hanako seemed to like high places in this version. What was the intention behind that and why was it dropped?
Not Dead Yet
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

1. Well, there really is no "original" game since we only produced this one, but the very earliest incarnations of Grid1 had behind them the idea of building a binary tree. That is, one path splitting, again and again, until an end was reached.

Needless to say, the amount of work behind such an idea would have MURDERED us, so we unsurprisingly abandoned it.

3. She was supposed to have taken up climbing as a hobby since early childhood (and be a physically strong girl, too). We changed our mind.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Denine

Post by Denine »

This is going to sound very weird, but why "Wiosna" have it's name?
The reason why I'm asking this is because in my native language "Wiosna" means "Spring".I wondered if someone from Poland composed it.
Sorry if it sounded silly, I'm just curious :D
Paths done (in order): Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, Emi, Rin
Hardest decision so far: Agree with Lilly or trust my own judgement in Hanako path.
Dcjboi

Post by Dcjboi »

A few questions to the artists of KS in general about their work.

When drawing a character what proportions would you use for drawing the face and the head?

I am absolutely horrible when it comes to drawing original hairstyles... any tips?

What were the most difficult things for you to draw?

How long does it usually take for you to draw a profile view of a character?
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Denine wrote:This is going to sound very weird, but why "Wiosna" have it's name?
The reason why I'm asking this is because in my native language "Wiosna" means "Spring".I wondered if someone from Poland composed it.
Nicol is a big fan of Chopin (and Chopin was Polish, of course). That's what I'm guessing.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Denine wrote:This is going to sound very weird, but why "Wiosna" have it's name?
Katawa Shoujo is not entirely in English. There are a few words from other languages sprinkled here and there, and before we made a few ruthless cuts, there were even more.
Wiosna is indeed a Polish word, but the track has been composed by Nicol, who is Canadian.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

TheBostonRunner

Post by TheBostonRunner »

Quoting Suriko

4. Akira branched path, Miki extra sidestory from Extras menu, Yuuko path...

THIS
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

TheBostonRunner wrote:Quoting Suriko

4. Akira branched path, Miki extra sidestory from Extras menu, Yuuko path...
...and?

AND...?

AND!?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Denine

Post by Denine »

@Blue123, Silentcook
Thanks for clearing this one up.It's really interesting stuff to know :D
Jesus, the internationality level of this game is very high.
Paths done (in order): Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, Emi, Rin
Hardest decision so far: Agree with Lilly or trust my own judgement in Hanako path.

Post by Guest »

I just need to ask about the animation - how did you do it? And maybe you can help me with a certain problem...Do you know any good swf to any video file converter that doesn't have a huge watermark/shitty quality after converting ruining it? I need it for my animation project.
leewp

Post by leewp »

I must say, I have never been so touched by anything before as I have been after playing through several of your story arcs. Thank you so much for this experience! :D This kinda leads me on to my next question as well, is there anywhere where we could obtain high resolution versions of some of the in game screens? I'm thinking of the shot of Lilly and Hisao standing in the wheatfields of Hokkaido in particular as that picture is beautiful and I was hoping to get it printed on a canvas to hang on my wall... ^^

Speaking of which why don't you guys have like a merch shop? I don't know about anyone else but you'd certainly make a pretty penny out of me if you sold various prints and buttons and what have you! :)