Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Drakelord

Re: Ask!

Post by Drakelord »

You lot have some pretty grim outlooks on pregnancy, it could have a better ending ya know. People tend to change their outlook and attitude when things like that happen, and everyone seems to keep forgetting: Hanako is allot stronger then people give her credit for.

Anyways, this isn't a discussion thread so I'll leave it at that.
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

Have you guys ever or will consider releasing a detail map of how Yamaku Academy looks?
CarnivalNights

Post by CarnivalNights »

Is it ever specified what year(s) the game takes place in? I noticed sometimes during phone calls, the dated flip-top phones would be used.
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

It's been revealed that it's set in the year 2007. Not sure where the exact source is, but I'm pretty sure it's in this thread.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Is Katawa Shoujo the serect to life ??

Post by Guest »

There was a line in the first act: "My parents, I think, were hit harder by the news than I was. They practically had two hemorrhages apiece."

Was that a reference to The Catcher in the Rye?
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

I hate to ask this but was the anal scene inspired by any personal experiences?
JustAGuy

Post by JustAGuy »

Where'd you guys get the miscellaneous sounds (people chatting, rain, the airplanes in Lilly's FMV) from? Did you record them yourselves?
maffles

Post by maffles »

I was wondering if someone could help clarify the specifics of Emi's accident. At the climax of her arc, at the scene graveyard, the intent is to finally reveals all that she was holding back from Hisao and us, but it left me a little confused as to what exactly was revealed.

Emi already knew that Hisao knew her father was dead, even if the details were given by the nurse and not Emi; she'd referred to him in the past tense multiple times in acts 2/3, and her mom also mentioned it every time he talked her (at the track meet, and first and second time you go to her house).

Am I just being daft? Was the reveal just meant to be a *formal* declaration of her past? Was revealing that he died specifically in a car accident and she lost her legs in the same accident that big of an emotional hurdle for her?

Wasn't sure how much spoiler tagging is expected here, so I just put it around everything.
Bokito

Post by Bokito »

Have you ever heard anything from RAITA after you completed the VN based on his sketches?
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

maffles wrote:I was wondering if someone could help clarify the specifics of Emi's accident. At the climax of her arc, at the scene graveyard, the intent is to finally reveals all that she was holding back from Hisao and us, but it left me a little confused as to what exactly was revealed.

Emi already knew that Hisao knew her father was dead, even if the details were given by the nurse and not Emi; she'd referred to him in the past tense multiple times in acts 2/3, and her mom also mentioned it every time he talked her (at the track meet, and first and second time you go to her house).

Am I just being daft? Was the reveal just meant to be a *formal* declaration of her past? Was revealing that he died specifically in a car accident and she lost her legs in the same accident that big of an emotional hurdle for her?

Wasn't sure how much spoiler tagging is expected here, so I just put it around everything.
I know Emi's mother at the track always said that Emi's father "wasn't there anymore", which could also mean that he had left them, and could also be why Emi referred to him in the past tense.

But yea, it was pretty obvious (to me) what had happened re: her father.
And revealing that he died in the car accident was a big emotional hurdle for her, but also as big was the fact that she was letting someone in. It's mentioned that she had many friends, but very few close friends that she really trusts. Telling Hisao that was symbolic of her letting him in emotionally.

My ask is:
Which font was used for Katawa Shoujo, specifically the logo, but the text ingame as well?
Also, it's obvious that the pictures used ingame are pretty darn huge, as sometimes (Hanako's snooker scene for example) it'll do a closeup of her face which is still in great quality, despite only being maybe 1/10th of the original picture.
I've made a set of desktop pictures for myself from the pictures, but the game runs in an 800x600 window, and my monitor is larger, so they aren't as good a quality as they could be. I was wondering if it were possible to get hold of higher res versions of them.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Althamus wrote:Which font was used for Katawa Shoujo, specifically the logo, but the text ingame as well?
Question's been answered already... by Aura... in this thread.
Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:I don't know if this was answered, but what font was used for the game?
Playtime with Hot Toddies
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Saffron wrote:
Althamus wrote:Which font was used for Katawa Shoujo, specifically the logo, but the text ingame as well?
Question's been answered already... by Aura... in this thread.
Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:I don't know if this was answered, but what font was used for the game?
Playtime with Hot Toddies
Much obliged. I thought it would've been asked, but forum searches don't tend to work very well in my experience, and being relatively newish I wasn't going to trawl almost 90 pages to find a question which may or may not be there :P
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Eraser35 wrote:I hate to ask this but was the anal scene inspired by any personal experiences?
Not my own experience, but it was a reference to this comic. It seemed like the sort of rookie mistake the two would make.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

When did Hanako start seeing the therapist Lilly mentioned? Was it a condition from the head nurse she started seeing one in exchange for the leniency she gets with her class attendance or has she been seeing one since her accident?

If she's been seeing one since her accident, it'd be kinda odd therapy had very little effect all that time compared to the significant improvements Hanako goes through upon befriending Hisao in either Lilly's route or her own, but if Hanako didn't start seeing a therapist until she came to Yamaku, you kinda wonder if until that point nobody else was looking out for her, since her disfunctional behavior would be very obvious to whoever dealt with her in daily life.