Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

xero

Re: Ask!

Post by xero »

Yoh_Komori wrote:
Suriko wrote:
xero wrote:Seeing as this turned out to be a beautiful piece in story and visual aspects will you guys create another game? Involving these characters or something new? The characters just were so amazing and I feel as if Emi in my eyes is seriously one of the most memorable characters in general. I'd love for there to be a second game as I said before involving these characters or even brand new material. As long as it's coming from you guys
From the FAQ:
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
Note that this does not mean we won't create another game(s), just that any we do make wouldn't be related to KS in any way.
that really is a shame, as in it's own unique way KS really has found a way to become more than just a joke where 99.9% of all other ideas like this end up petering out long before completion of even a rough sketch of how a game would work, let alone seeing the light of day as a fully finished, polished product.
Exactly. Everything about this game or novel however you see it has a lasting impact. It's not one of those things you just go through and forget about it when you're done. I found out about it maybe 3 days ago? And I've completed every story arc and currently am working on Emi again for the third time. The characters and the story just sucks you in and you can't stop. It really is a shame like you said because this was a masterpiece and it does deserve some sort of sequel.
Life is a beautiful lie while death is a painful truth
REDD_HEDD

Post by REDD_HEDD »

Is anything planned for the 1 year anniversary of Katawa Shoujo being released? Some new art maybe? I dunno, any sort of recognition at all? Thanks in advance if i get an answer :D

Edit: just checked the blog, shoulda lurked moar. So i suppose ill ask this: any information on when these "announcements" Aura spoke of will be made? :P
"I think, in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am." -Rin

100% completion! :D

Lilly>Rin=Hanako>Misha>Emi>>>>>>Shizune
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

REDD_HEDD wrote:Edit: just checked the blog, shoulda lurked moar. So i suppose ill ask this: any information on when these "announcements" Aura spoke of will be made? :P
When they're ready to be made.
Mash0

Post by Mash0 »

REDD_HEDD wrote:Is anything planned for the 1 year anniversary of Katawa Shoujo being released? Some new art maybe? I dunno, any sort of recognition at all? Thanks in advance if i get an answer :D

Edit: just checked the blog, shoulda lurked moar. So i suppose ill ask this: any information on when these "announcements" Aura spoke of will be made? :P
so what u guy planning new games ? sequel? some info may shed the light...
REDD_HEDD

Post by REDD_HEDD »

Suriko wrote:
REDD_HEDD wrote:Edit: just checked the blog, shoulda lurked moar. So i suppose ill ask this: any information on when these "announcements" Aura spoke of will be made? :P
When they're ready to be made.
Haha, i suppose i should have seen that answer coming, cant wait either way though!
"I think, in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am." -Rin

100% completion! :D

Lilly>Rin=Hanako>Misha>Emi>>>>>>Shizune
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Mash0 wrote:
REDD_HEDD wrote:Is anything planned for the 1 year anniversary of Katawa Shoujo being released? Some new art maybe? I dunno, any sort of recognition at all? Thanks in advance if i get an answer :D

so what u guy planning new games ? sequel? some info may shed the light...
From the FAQ (and stated on the page before):
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
No further information will be released until such time that we decide to release it.
Mash0

Post by Mash0 »

Nothing new from 4LS uh? Aside from KS..
Yoh_Komori

Post by Yoh_Komori »

Mash0 wrote:Nothing new from 4LS uh? Aside from KS..
So we know they've effectively "finished" with KS, but new projects are possible.Crossovers perhaps, or maybe even a KS character somehow ending up with a cameo into another project?
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Drill Misha in Skullgirls? :D
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

Murlox wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Murlox wrote:Don't you think that you made Emi a little too overly sensitive about her dad considering how long ago the accident was? I mean it seems a bit extreme that after 8 years she is still traumatized enough to not even be able to tell her boyfriend of her dad's fate.
Four words: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
It's a hell of a thing to get, people who suffer from it often never truly get over it (ergo, the "crazy" War Veterans. they have PTSD and their minds never fully left the battlefield)
I realized soon after making the post that it's not really something that I have the right to be questioning.
I had far more dreadful thoughts about what is troubling Emi. When I found out, it seemed so simple and natural. I was reminded once again, actually surprised, how simple these things are. They tend to linger in ones mind, but spoken they suddenly lose that heavy feeling and ... erm, "hugeness"? It's really more of a trouble in ones mind than on the outside :)
Emergent

Post by Emergent »

Would you guys possibly be interested in having orchestral/chamber arrangements of some of the songs for a next project? I made four of these arrangements for KS up until now:
https://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/breat ... upload-for
https://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/raind ... upload-for
https://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/three-stars
https://soundcloud.com/emergent-1/concord-1
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

Where did the idea for one of the song's name 'Wiosna' come from? I was utterly surprised to see a word from my language in this game. Is the creator Polish or Japanese?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

tommo1982 wrote:Where did the idea for one of the song's name 'Wiosna' come from? I was utterly surprised to see a word from my language in this game. Is the creator Polish or Japanese?
I believe it's a team of people. From all over the place, so there's a good chance of both.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

tommo1982 wrote:Where did the idea for one of the song's name 'Wiosna' come from? I was utterly surprised to see a word from my language in this game. Is the creator Polish or Japanese?
If I recall correctly, most of them are American, but there's a few Europeans and Australians. The guy who did the music is Canadian, I believe.
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Kyvos wrote:
If I recall correctly, most of them are American, but there's a few Europeans and Australians. The guy who did the music is Canadian, I believe.
Swap "American" and "Australians" and you'll be closer to the truth.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money