Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest »

I absolutely love the soundtrack, and being a musician myself I enjoy playing it too. Would there be any way of acquiring a set of parts or score for pieces like Red Velvet?
Poly

Post by Poly »

I'm having a problem trying to import all the songs into my ipod. Only HALF the songs go through while the others dont.. any reason for this?
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

Who was the most critical during the game's development?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Mercutio wrote:first off, I gotta say thanks for this thread. took forever for me to read all of the devs' answers, but it's all really interesting stuff. thanks for the look into your collective heads. :mrgreen:

and now, I've got a question about Miki, especially after reading this:
Aura wrote:Miki hits Suriko's fetish points (seriously). Also, the points she makes would've been hard to fit for some other characters.
someone (I'm sorry, I forget who) said that there were originally more Miki scenes planned. I'm curious about them. was she meant to kind of be Hanako's foil in her path? or was she always just another cool side character, and y'all decided to cut her scenes down for one reason or another? I'm mostly asking 'cause I found her pretty damn cool, and I'd like to know a little more about her. thanks.
There were two plans that eneded up never getting into the game. One was a sort of miniature path that branched off of Emi's (being in the track club and all), which focused on Miki as a heroine. The second was a wholly extra path accessed from the extras section where Miki was the PoV character rather than Hisao (and Hisao never really came into it). Neither made it into the game, for some reasons already given previously (and most of the arguments against a Misha path also apply).
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

Hidan wrote:Looking back, I see that Misha has two different hair colors which are her actual hair colors. In Shizune's route when Misha confesses, we see a small shot of her past, and her hair looks obviously blond. However when Akira shows Hisao the photo from one of the previous carnivals, Misha's hairs is most definitely brunette. Which one is her real and accurate hair color?
Misha's a natural brunette. The confession scene had her hair illuminated by the sun (with artistic license taken).
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

GamerJM wrote:I apologize if this has already been answered in the blog or something, but by the time the Act 1 demo released, did you guys have a rough idea where you were going with each character or not?
Very definitely, yes. Pretty much all of the first drafts were done by the time Act 1 released.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

McBaggin wrote:Who was the most critical during the game's development?
Almost impossible to say, honestly. A lot of stuff we went through with a harsh eye, although to be honest there's a lot of stuff that we considered problematic (or some of us considered problematic) which remained in the end because sometimes going back to fix or address a storytelling concern was too much work for too little of a payoff. I mean there were a few times where we'd go over a list of problems we had with a scenario and realize that basically, we just wanted to rewrite the whole damn thing and start over from scratch. But that only happened a few times.

Er, so to answer your question everyone was pretty damn critical.
Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo »

How difficult was communicating between all of the collaborators?

And how did you resolve any problems with it?
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Suriko wrote:There were two plans that eneded up never getting into the game. One was a sort of miniature path that branched off of Emi's (being in the track club and all), which focused on Miki as a heroine. The second was a wholly extra path accessed from the extras section where Miki was the PoV character rather than Hisao (and Hisao never really came into it). Neither made it into the game, for some reasons already given previously (and most of the arguments against a Misha path also apply).
interesting, and nothing like what I expected. would have played the hell out of either one, but yeah, I understand why neither one got into the game. thanks for the answer, Suriko. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Hi Suriko,

Firstly, I have to say you did an awesome job with Lily's story, and Hanako's seems to be just as good, since I'm still playing it now. Amazing piece of work with the writing, you are brilliant.

I have to ask though, in Lilly's route, when they met Kenji outside and when he fell, he took Lilly down with him. When he got up, why was she so angry and pounded the ground and yell dammit? I didn't get that part when it happened. Sorry, I may be a little slow and not get it, but it doesn't seem like her to lose it over something so small. I don't know if it had to do with her blindness, but I didn't think it did. If you could clear this up for it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, awesome story. I wish all of you would write more, such amazing talent.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Guest wrote:I absolutely love the soundtrack, and being a musician myself I enjoy playing it too. Would there be any way of acquiring a set of parts or score for pieces like Red Velvet?
This thread has a ton of piano sheet music throughout, I'd suggest taking a look. Coincidentally I also uploaded the original score for Red Velvet for someone else in that thread, so you'll find it there.
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

Zig_Zac wrote:Hi Suriko,

Firstly, I have to say you did an awesome job with Lily's story, and Hanako's seems to be just as good, since I'm still playing it now. Amazing piece of work with the writing, you are brilliant.

I have to ask though, in Lilly's route, when they met Kenji outside and when he fell, he took Lilly down with him. When he got up, why was she so angry and pounded the ground and yell dammit? I didn't get that part when it happened. Sorry, I may be a little slow and not get it, but it doesn't seem like her to lose it over something so small. I don't know if it had to do with her blindness, but I didn't think it did. If you could clear this up for it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, awesome story. I wish all of you would write more, such amazing talent.
Actually, I can answer this one, I think. It's in one of the Lilly threads on this forums.

Anyway, It's because she's feeling conflicted and has a hard time keeping up her façade as confident and calm. She's cropping up all of her emotions inside her and it came out partially when she fell to the ground.

At least, that's what I remember.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
HeavenCS

Post by HeavenCS »

Nicol, I absolutely love your work. Are you up for taking commissions?
HeavenCS

Post by HeavenCS »

I was also wondering about the possibility of the release or development of a mobile version of KS for Android and iOS? I would pay top dollar for that.
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

If I remember correctly (it was already stated some weeks ago), while Ren'Py now runs on Android too, the version of the engine used by KS is older - at some point during development, they had to settle or constantly updating to each successive version would have caused a slew of problems every time. So, the conversion isn't possibile - at least now: I'm inclined to think that someone wit enough programming skills will attempt it anyway...