Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ArcCain

Re: Ask!

Post by ArcCain »

brythain wrote:The newer versions you've produced (and the rest of the music under your 'SS' name)
'SS'? Where can I find that?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

ArcCain wrote:'SS'? Where can I find that?
I assume he's just referring to my real name, which I use exclusively now in place of Nicol Armarfi. Try here or here.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:I assume he's just referring to my real name, which I use exclusively now in place of Nicol Armarfi. Try here or here.
Ah, I see. I've seen/heard your other stuff. :)
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
richter

Post by richter »

Well, don`t know if this will get answer but...

1) Maybe you will try to make KS in Steam, like Everlasting Summer ( yes i`m russian)? It will be like a second breath to this novel.

2)Are you going to make something like a DLC? Just I want more...

3)What about good ending of Hanako? Maybe she start to live like a normal person or no? Just want to know from scenarist of Hanako, so...

Maybe you will find time to answer

Sorry for mistakes if I made them in post
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

1) Steam wouldn't touch KS with a ten-foot pole unless we removed all mature content, and we're not doing that, so no.

2) Nope.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

richter

Post by richter »

Well, it`s sad. :( But, you know, after making something like all-ages version and getting through Greenlight maybe you would make a link there you can download the patch what will enable mature content? Like Everlasting Summer (Why I `m remebering this russian novel?).
Korven Kuningas

Post by Korven Kuningas »

I finally finished reading through the thread. Took me about 6 months of just casually reading one or two pages whenever I had some free time. So my question is one that was asked a while ago but never answered as far as I know. How come in Hanako's route, it's made clear that she likes singing and karaoke, but then that topic is never revisited? There were two big interests of hers from what I remember (mind you it was about 7 or 8 months ago that I played through the game): chess and singing. There were plenty of moments in the game where she played chess with Hisao but never any scene where she sang for him. So I'm just wondering why not and if a scene like that was considered or even written at any point. Also, I know I'm extremely late to the party, but thanks for an amazing visual novel. Not many games have actually made me cry, but this one sure did (manly tears!).
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Korven Kuningas wrote:I finally finished reading through the thread. Took me about 6 months of just casually reading one or two pages whenever I had some free time. So my question is one that was asked a while ago but never answered as far as I know. How come in Hanako's route, it's made clear that she likes singing and karaoke, but then that topic is never revisited? There were two big interests of hers from what I remember (mind you it was about 7 or 8 months ago that I played through the game): chess and singing. There were plenty of moments in the game where she played chess with Hisao but never any scene where she sang for him. So I'm just wondering why not and if a scene like that was considered or even written at any point. Also, I know I'm extremely late to the party, but thanks for an amazing visual novel. Not many games have actually made me cry, but this one sure did (manly tears!).

I think this was something that was written in earlier drafts but cut from the final product. Having only chess as a hobby was just a little too boring I think.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Just had a thought.
The VN itself is free, right? I see no advertisements on the site itself... How do you guys fund the upkeep of the page?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Munchenhausen wrote:Just had a thought.
The VN itself is free, right? I see no advertisements on the site itself... How do you guys fund the upkeep of the page?
Aura: ...How do we fund the upkeep of the page?

Silent Cook: (shrugs)

Aura: ...

Aura: (pulls the plug on katawa-shoujo.com)

Gee, thanks, Munch! :roll:
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The hosting is donated by a lovely and wonderful friend of ours who probably has already forgotten he's hosting k-s.com. I actually don't know who owns and pays for the domain, but I believe it's crud.

There was an interesting episode with the domain around 2007. It was initially registered by some guy who very quickly disappeared from the project. Unfortunately he took the domain with him, and since it's the internet and we all were pseudonymous, it was a real challenge to find him again and get in contact so we could acquire the domain back to the development team. In general, in the early parts of the development cycle it was kind of strange that any of us could essentially disappear from the project if they wanted.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
wawon0

Post by wawon0 »

Why are there so many students at Yamaku when they play a very little role in the story?
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

wawon0 wrote:Why are there so many students at Yamaku when they play a very little role in the story?
How many people did you go to high school with that you didn't interact with, outside of your small circle of close friends?
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

wawon0 wrote:Why are there so many students at Yamaku when they play a very little role in the story?
Almost every setting to a story is much larger than the space the story requires. Why are there so many hobbits in the Shire? Why are there so many buildings in Neo-Tokyo? This should be obvious; it's because otherwise the setting would feel unnatural and bizarre.

I recommend No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre to you. It's VERY economical in terms of setting.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Azure Henry

Post by Azure Henry »

Does the student in Hisao's class who uses a cane have a name? He sits in the back and is noticed by Hisao on his first day, but never seems to come up again.
Through vigilance and strength, we create peace.