Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Ask!

Post by cpl_crud »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Forgive the inane questions, but it's late and I'm bored.

-With whom, among both 4LS and out of anyone ever, would you most like to have a beer/other beverage of your choosing?
-What would your dream project be (whether a VN or otherwise)?
-Were you guys ever friends on like Facebook or similar things, and did this have an effect on your working relationship(s) with them? (Just FYI, I'm asking that for a reason, not just out of curiosity.
-Did you personally ever have to quote-unquote "fire" anyone, and how'd it go (other than "not well")?
-What is your favourite colour?
-What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen sparrow?
- I would say Delta or A22. I've had dinner with Raide and done a panel with Suriko, and they were both fun times.
- I have a couple of people on (my now defunct) MSN account, but it was mostly IRC. I think I have a couple of people on Twitter now as well
- I think we had to fire TCDohl, but he also kinda left of his own accord. There was someone else... but most people just kind of got pressured out (at least whilst I was there).
- Green
- European or African?
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

To cpl_crud
What's 'cpl' an abbreviation of?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

OtakuNinja wrote:To cpl_crud
Most likely Corporal.

But then again, it might not be.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
Most likely Corporal.

It is.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Aura wrote:
Shadowyeclipse wrote:
Most likely Corporal.

It is.

Hey, look ma, I'm right!

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
Most likely Corporal.

Correct.

A long time ago I was an Air Force cadet; roughly at the same time I started gaming. At the time I was a Corporal, and I was also not very good at games like Quake 2, hence the name.

It stuck, even after I left the cadets, entered (and subsequently left) the real Air Force as an officer, and moved onto a civilian career.

I'm just too lazy to update my handle; it would mean updating pretty much every account I have everywhere.

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote: -With whom, among both 4LS and out of anyone ever, would you most like to have a beer/other beverage of your choosing?
-Were you guys ever friends on like Facebook or similar things, and did this have an effect on your working relationship(s) with them? (Just FYI, I'm asking that for a reason, not just out of curiosity.
-Did you personally ever have to quote-unquote "fire" anyone, and how'd it go (other than "not well")?
-Hive owes me a beer. :3
-I don't know really. Likely I'd realize it AFTER the fact.
-I deem Facebook, Twitter, and any other similar quotesocialnetworkingunquote devices to be a scourge and a cancer. Even IRC was a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned. So, in short, no.
-Been there, not done that.
-Blues and greens.
-Roughly 11 meters/second.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Forgive the inane questions, but it's late and I'm bored.

-With whom, among both 4LS and out of anyone ever, would you most like to have a beer/other beverage of your choosing?
1. As Silentcook pointed out, I owe him a beer. I would also probably drink with basically anyone else on the team, because any excuse to sit in a pub and drink is a good excuse for me. I'm easy.

2. Tough question--probably something that I could come back to and make into a ton of different properties--so like a really cool idea that would work as a book/comic/game/cartoon. A long-form comic book series is my current obsession, because that sort of script writing is a neat new challenge. I'd like to write a novel some day, but as of yet I've not come up with anything good enough.

3. I don't have contact info for anyone, but we do a lot of sitting around on IRC, which is nice. We managed to all get along well, and I consider some of these dudes to be friends.

4. Dohl was the only dude who was anything resembling 'fired,' I don't really remember much of it but it went well.

5. Red

6. Man at least get the quote right if you're gonna go that route.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

cpl_crud wrote:

- I would say Delta or A22. I've had dinner with Raide and done a panel with Suriko, and they were both fun times.
- I have a couple of people on (my now defunct) MSN account, but it was mostly IRC. I think I have a couple of people on Twitter now as well
- I think we had to fire TCDohl, but he also kinda left of his own accord. There was someone else... but most people just kind of got pressured out (at least whilst I was there).
- Green
- European or African?

Oh, and the missing question: Dream project: I've got about 50 pages or so of a culture guide for Japan (which is about a Japanophile as it gets I suppose) but I would also like to do a travel photo book. I just need to get better with my camera :/

------
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

cpl_crud wrote:
Oh, and the missing question: Dream project: I've got about 50 pages or so of a culture guide for Japan (which is about a Japanophile as it gets I suppose) but I would also like to do a travel photo book. I just need to get better with my camera :/

TIL Cpl_Crud is a super-weeaboo.

Speaking about that, do any of you guys speak Japanese, or tried to learn?

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:

Nope. I'm not interested enough to do so. Pretty sure some of the others have, though.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:

I speak fluent Japanese.

I've also left most of my weaboo ways behind me, but these things happen.

------
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

TheHivemind wrote:6. Man at least get the quote right if you're gonna go that route.
Aura wrote:6. Holy Grail is the least funny Monty Python movie. Also, wrong bird.
Fuck. Welp, that's what happens in the wee hours of the morning. Get plenty of sleep and don't stay up late, kiddies!
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

cpl_crud wrote:
I speak fluent Japanese.

I've also left most of my weaboo ways behind me, but these things happen.
Did any of those weeaboo ways influence (or on a more positive note, supplement) KS's development? For instance, did knowing the culture make you want to put stupid things in KS that shouldn't have been in it, or did it just help with the minor details about Japan that were hard to nail down?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Brogurt wrote: Did any of those weeaboo ways influence (or on a more positive note, supplement) KS's development? For instance, did knowing the culture make you want to put stupid things in KS that shouldn't have been in it, or did it just help with the minor details about Japan that were hard to nail down?

Yes, but thankfully most of them were purged from the script.

A lot of the settings came from your typical high school anime, like lunches on the school roof, school festivals etc.

------