Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Erpi

Re: Ask!

Post by Erpi »

ArcCain wrote: She grow up in a orphanage, she probably did most of her healing there.
I don't want to be rude but you should read the post on page 1: 3) Even if you think you know the answer to some question, don't answer it. Misinformation has a tendency to stick around, and the point of this thread is to clarify things, not muddle them up further. I will enforce this one pretty heavily until everyone gets the point. The exception is pointing out that the same question has been answered before (with a link)

I really do appreciate you trying to help though but I was looking for a more canon explanation.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Erpi wrote:
ArcCain wrote: She grow up in a orphanage, she probably did most of her healing there.
I don't want to be rude but you should read the post on page 1: 3) Even if you think you know the answer to some question, don't answer it. Misinformation has a tendency to stick around, and the point of this thread is to clarify things, not muddle them up further. I will enforce this one pretty heavily until everyone gets the point. The exception is pointing out that the same question has been answered before (with a link)

I really do appreciate you trying to help though but I was looking for a more canon explanation.
Excuse me but it is canon because she tells you herself when you play pool whit her. After her mom and dad died and she recovered she was placed in a orphanage where she helped take care of the other children but was a loner both there and in school, once she finished she moved to Yamaku too try and get a fresh start, and because it was recommended.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Erpi

Post by Erpi »

ArcCain wrote:Excuse me but it is canon because she tells you herself when you play pool whit her. After her mom and dad died and she recovered she was placed in a orphanage where she helped take care of the other children but was a loner both there and in school, once she finished she moved to Yamaku too try and get a fresh start, and because it was recommended.
Yes, agreed but that still doesn't answer my question of how someone who suffered such trauma could just simply go back into the system that fast. Like I said a friend of mine missed a couple of months of school due to being in the hospital (at around the same age as Hanako) and he had to redo his year even tough he walked trough college (engi major) without ever really studying for anything.

But assuming I didn't miss the point and that after the accident Hanako spent some time in the burn ward of the hospital and then later went to the orphanage for further recovery - there still is going to be a significant time laps before she could retake the routine activities. I mean if Emi couldn't do it then how come Hanako did (as stated in my previous post it would take a little time to recover from such injuries, both mental and physical)? This is what my question resolves around.
The kind of answer I'm looking for is "we discussed it with the other devs and eventually came up with scenario x" or something like we didn't put too much thought behind it, just roll with it.
And once again I didn't mean to come off as rude.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I wondered about that too at times. I always kind of handwaved it away by telling myself Emi and Hanako have different ways to pass the time. Emi spends much of her time running and isn't the type to pick up a book in her free time, while reading is pretty much all Hanako does when she's not in class. It's likely why she's still able to get decent marks despite skipping a lot of her classes. It's possible Hanako was "homeschooled" some of the time during her time in the hospital.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
neio

Post by neio »

Was the "Aura Mart" intentional? Is that an actual business?
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

If this was already asked, then direct me to the post, but why do Shizune and Lilly hate each other so much? I mean, their personalities can't be that different to constitute all the passive-aggressive fighting. I recall somewhere that Lilly and Shizune's fathers dislike each other but as revealed by that one photograph, Lilly and Shizune used to get along. Maybe I just didn't read deep enough, but I'm feeling a little lost as to why they harbor so much animosity towards each other.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Do all the routes and you'll figure it out. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

OtakuNinja wrote:Do all the routes and you'll figure it out. ;)
But.. I did. :(
Obviously I'm missing something then..
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

There are several reasons:

• Their fathers hate each other.
• Shizune's stubbornness - caused Lilly (and everyone else) to leave the student council.
• The lack of direct communication between them. (This one is mere speculation, but it's supported by most players)
neio

Post by neio »

OtakuNinja wrote:• The lack of direct communication between them. (This one is mere speculation, but it's supported by most players)
And it's one of Hisao's thoughts in canon.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Erpi wrote:Yes, agreed but that still doesn't answer my question of how someone who suffered such trauma could just simply go back into the system that fast. Like I said a friend of mine missed a couple of months of school due to being in the hospital (at around the same age as Hanako) and he had to redo his year even tough he walked trough college (engi major) without ever really studying for anything.

But assuming I didn't miss the point and that after the accident Hanako spent some time in the burn ward of the hospital and then later went to the orphanage for further recovery - there still is going to be a significant time laps before she could retake the routine activities. I mean if Emi couldn't do it then how come Hanako did (as stated in my previous post it would take a little time to recover from such injuries, both mental and physical)? This is what my question resolves around.
The kind of answer I'm looking for is "we discussed it with the other devs and eventually came up with scenario x" or something like we didn't put too much thought behind it, just roll with it.
And once again I didn't mean to come off as rude.
You don´t spend all your life in school, here in Sweden you don´t start school until your 6, sometimes 7 and finish high school/gymnasium at 18. Hanako was in her accident when she was very small, something indicated by, (presumably), her drawing.
Erpi

Post by Erpi »

ArcCain wrote: You don´t spend all your life in school, here in Sweden you don´t start school until your 6, sometimes 7 and finish high school/gymnasium at 18. Hanako was in her accident when she was very small, something indicated by, (presumably), her drawing.
For some reason it got stuck in my mind that the fire happened when she was 8 (maybe it was in cpl crud's version of the fire?). But you're right, I can't find a single canon reference to at what age the fire happened.
Thank you, that does answer my question.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

ArcCain wrote:You don´t spend all your life in school, here in Sweden you don´t start school until your 6, sometimes 7 and finish high school/gymnasium at 18. Hanako was in her accident when she was very small, something indicated by, (presumably), her drawing.
It's nice to meet a fellow Swede here. :)
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

OtakuNinja wrote:It's nice to meet a fellow Swede here. :)
Likewise. :)
Erpi wrote: For some reason it got stuck in my mind that the fire happened when she was 8 (maybe it was in cpl crud's version of the fire?). But you're right, I can't find a single canon reference to at what age the fire happened. Thank you, that does answer my question.
Happy to help. :)
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

A question for TheHivemind about Emi's path: When Hisao was at Emi's mother's house for the first time he still didn't have any clue about Emi's father dying in the accident, why is that? I think it was pretty obvious to the readers at that point.
Last edited by A Forum Member on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.