Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

voyance

Re: Ask!

Post by voyance »

These has probably been asked before and I'm not willing to sift through 200+ pages in this thread so I'll ask anyway.

1. Why did Shizune's writer decide to give only one choice? An extremely obvious one too.

2. Why did you guys decide to give Misha the pink-drills for her hair? She looks great without her pink hair.

3. For Lilly's route, why was she Scottish? The author could have easily chosen a different nationality.

4. Last one...why does Akira drive a Lancer Evo? Also, which one is it? I'm just curious.

EDIT: What was the Nurse's name?
Lol my questions are so trivial.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

voyance wrote:These has probably been asked before and I'm not willing to sift through 200+ pages in this thread so I'll ask anyway.

1. Why did Shizune's writer decide to give only one choice? An extremely obvious one too.

2. Why did you guys decide to give Misha the pink-drills for her hair? She looks great without her pink hair.

3. For Lilly's route, why was she Scottish? The author could have easily chosen a different nationality.

4. Last one...why does Akira drive a Lancer Evo? Also, which one is it? I'm just curious.

All these questions are so vague...? The writer only gave one choice because he wanted to, they gave misha pink hair because they wanted to, lilly was scottish... because they wanted her to be.
I doubt they gave much thought to the car, just picked one...
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Palas wrote:I have a question to the dev team, but it's more specifically aimed at Nicol.

Air Guitar's piano arrangement sounds strangely... genuine. I mean, in the sense that this is how the tune was supposed to sound like from the very beginning. Air Guitar is probably my favourite KS song, but there's something about its... I don't know how to word this... flow? That sounds more suited to a piano than to an acoustic guitar. This sort of hybridness made it fresh and I appreciate it, but I'd like to know whether it was supposed to be a piano piece at first and, if so, why it got a guitar arrangement.
It was written for guitar first. I didn't make that piano version until several years later.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

voyance wrote:These has probably been asked before and I'm not willing to sift through 200+ pages in this thread so I'll ask anyway.

1. It's the coolest way to do branching narrative structure.
2. It's the coolest hairstyle
3. It's the coolest nationality
4. It's the coolest car

Looks like all our creative decisions are driven by the rule of cool. The point is, not every design decision can, or should be justified with some deep thought or grand ideas. Not everything is important. All of the questions you asked are examples (except the first, but I wanted to keep the pattern).

Nurse's name will never be revealed, it's too dangerous information to be released to the public.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

Aura wrote:..rule of cool..
Best rule ever, can't fight against that.
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
voyance

Post by voyance »

Aura wrote:

1. It's the coolest way to do branching narrative structure.
2. It's the coolest hairstyle
3. It's the coolest nationality
4. It's the coolest car

Looks like all our creative decisions are driven by the rule of cool. The point is, not every design decision can, or should be justified with some deep thought or grand ideas. Not everything is important. All of the questions you asked are examples (except the first, but I wanted to keep the pattern).

Nurse's name will never be revealed, it's too dangerous information to be released to the public.
Fair enough. The "because we feel like it" card or "cool" card in this case is a reasonable answer but I wanted it to come from at least one of the devs/writers. Thanks
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

voyance wrote: EDIT: What was the Nurse's name?
To know the Nurse's name is to know the sound of the Grand Undoing, to know what an ant looks like to a god, to know the expression on her face when she heard you were dead, the last thought you'll ever have, a killing word, etc. etc.

You get the idea.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Aura wrote:Nurse's name will never be revealed, it's too dangerous information to be released to the public.
It's because his given name is Jigoro right? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
voyance

Post by voyance »

TheHivemind wrote:
voyance wrote: EDIT: What was the Nurse's name?
To know the Nurse's name is to know the sound of the Grand Undoing, to know what an ant looks like to a god, to know the expression on her face when she heard you were dead, the last thought you'll ever have, etc. etc.

You get the idea.
It seems I've stepped into forbidden territory here...just like a woman's purse. I shouldn't delve into this matter any further if I know what's right for me.
komplein

Post by komplein »

Ok, I think I have a question that hasn't been asked before:

Who was the (apparently well-versed in Japanese) person that wrote Iwanako's letter? (or "wrote" if it's all CG... oh, and inb4 Iwanako)
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

komplein wrote:Ok, I think I have a question that hasn't been asked before:

Who was the (apparently well-versed in Japanese) person that wrote Iwanako's letter? (or "wrote" if it's all CG... oh, and inb4 Iwanako)
Iwanako.
the answer is inside the question
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

komplein wrote:Ok, I think I have a question that hasn't been asked before:

I did. If I remember right, I wrote it in English and had someone else translate it.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

I have a feeling my question was missed by accident :P

What was the compliment Shizune signed the first time they go to the Shanghai? The one that Misha refuses to translate because it was too nice :)?
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

does it matter?
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

sanduba wrote:does it matter?
Do half the questions asked here matter? In the end, it's a game, so no question really "matters". However when writing, they must have thought of what the complement was while deciding for it to not get translated, so there is an answer. I'm interested to what it was, because when I read that for the first time, I assumed it would come back up later in the story, so when it didn't I was curious.